All Things Pegula 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

People who believe terry isn't involved in this team and is focused on the Bills only are crazy.

Is he cheap? Maybe. But the problem is he is TOO involved, not that he doesn't care about the team. Terry loves this organization to the determent of it.

Terry needs to watch this absolutely awful 80s music video:

And listen to the words.

if you love the Sabres, set them free terry. Please.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

People who believe terry isn't involved in this team and is focused on the Bills only are crazy.

Is he cheap? Maybe. But the problem is he is TOO involved, not that he doesn't care about the team. Terry loves this organization to the determent of it.
I question someone loving anything when your results are the worst amongst your peers over your time involved. Bad luck plays a role, but I'm not babyfacing him just because he watches practices in fancy new glasses with his dog.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I question someone loving anything when your results are the worst amongst your peers over your time involved. Bad luck plays a role, but I'm not babyfacing him just because he watches practices in fancy new glasses with his dog.
I posted it because he has a pen and paper like he’s a scout on the first day of camp. Not because of his dog

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
People I know absolutely love to play golf and suck at it. Loving something doesn’t make you good at it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

He has a pen and paper so that means …. He’s too involved with the team? I guess that’s definitive proof….

People are arguing he ignores the Sabres and just focuses on the Bills? I didn’t know that.

It’s hard to keep all the conspiracy theories straight. He meddles too much, he’s cheap, he ignores the team, etc.

He’s done a bad job hiring people to run hockey ops. There are slightly different reasons why in each case. But at the end of the day thats what the problem has been. His poor hiring of GMs/POHO. The rest is just baseless speculation fed by Sabres twitter and various forums.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He has a pen and paper so that means …. He’s too involved with the team? I guess that’s definitive proof….

People are arguing he ignores the Sabres and just focuses on the Bills? I didn’t know that.

It’s hard to keep all the conspiracy theories straight. He meddles too much, he’s cheap, he ignores the team, etc.

He’s done a bad job hiring people to run hockey ops. There are slightly different reasons why in each case. But at the end of the day thats what the problem has been. His poor hiring of GMs/POHO. The rest is just baseless speculation fed by Sabres twitter and various forums.

Regier, Murray, and Botterill have all said that they talked to Terry daily.

So we know he isn't an owner who stands back and lets his people work.

While you are correct in that he's done a poor job hiring, I think even more important is he hasn't put his GMs in a position to succeed. I don't think any GM has gotten a real support staff of people who can advise them.

Adams specifically was basically put out on an island to start his GM role.

Its more than just poor hiring decisions. Its micromanagement and essentially injecting himself into the roster moves.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Regier, Murray, and Botterill have all said that they talked to Terry daily.

So we know he isn't an owner who stands back and lets his people work.

While you are correct in that he's done a poor job hiring, I think even more important is he hasn't put his GMs in a position to succeed. I don't think any GM has gotten a real support staff of people who can advise them.

Adams specifically was basically put out on an island to start his GM role.

Its more than just poor hiring decisions. Its micromanagement and essentially injecting himself into the roster moves.

I talk to my boss multiple times a day. She doesn’t micromanage. There’s always a giant gap between your “facts” and your “conclusion”

Reactions: HOOats

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

how about the countless videos of him in scouting meetings and in the room on deadline day

also, this will obviously gain traction but this is embarrassing. You just put one of these guys on your alumni plaza art

1727274528210.png

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I talk to my boss multiple times a day. She doesn’t micromanage. There’s always a giant gap between your “facts” and your “conclusion”
You (or me) talking to your boss at your day to day job and being a GM in the NHL where you are meant to be the decision maker because there's nobody else above you are not the same thing.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
And why does daily communication prevent or negate that?

I suspect/believe that this "communication" requirement that comes up in all their major hirings, is a disqualifier for hiring good executives/coaches with experience. Lou Lamoriello, Don Waddell, and Barry Trotz arent going to want to be required to dumb everything down and explain themselves (and run "ideas" back and forth with) Terry Pegula every day.

Kevyn Adams? Sure. There was no way this guy would sniff a similar position otherwise. Lindy Ruff likely was out of stops and is comfortable here.

Maybe I'm wrong. 13 years of watching this, and paying attention to their words makes me feel this way.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If you’re not involved in decision making why do you need to be around all the time when decisions are being made?
Curiosity.

If I owned the Sabres, I guarantee you that I'd be around all the time. I'd be FASCINATED with how things work and how decisions were made. Doesn't mean I'd be actively participating in every discussion.......just that I'd be around.

Reactions: Jacob582 and Ehran

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
If I owned a team you can danged well be sure I'd be talking to the GM on a daily basis. And probably a few times a day when an important event is happening.

Why else own the Sabres? Everyone knows its a money losing proposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad