Player Discussion: All Things Nick Blankenburg

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
i will see the whole world burn before i let bae leave
onfire.gif

Come on @Viqsi with his story the Jackets need to cut him or something and then a team picks him up and he goes on a whirlwind Stanley Cup chase scoring the winning goal in overtime in game 7 and the Hallmark Channel or 30-for-30 makes a story about his life.

Dude couldn’t make a junior team so he plays U18 AAA after graduating from high school and switched to D because of team need. Starts as a walk on at Michigan and becomes team captain on a team filled with first round draft choices. A little more adversity and then final triumph and it is the greatest hockey story since the USA won gold in 1980.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Well, to clarify, when I say I love him I'm more describing an obsessively unhealthy infatuation with an overidealized perception of the individual in question which tends to be incompatible with any real will to allow said individual to grow independently.

So to sum up, HE'S MINE AND YOU CAN NEVER TAKE HIM AWAY FROM MEEEEE

Huh? Annie? No, my name's Joanne. And "Wilkes" isn't my last name. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Really wish he didn't have his injury trouble. I'd have liked to see him develop. I wasn't a big fan at first but he grew on me with his effort (balls to the wall attitude) and play style. Unfortunately for someone that may be 5'9" and 170#...that's not the type of game that is conducive to a long NHL career. I wish him well and should he re-sign here, great.

Reactions: CBJx614

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd like to see Blanks kept as a #7/8 D on our roster. Have him come in for injuries or just as a spark about 30-40 games per year.

He wears down quickly with a lot of games played, it's just not going to work for him as an every game NHLer. But if he's fresh he can be a great spark.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I hope stays in the organisation after he's done playing. He's well-spoken, and considering how competitive and smart he looks on the ice he might have talent for coaching or scouting.

Blankenberg is the kind of guy that if the team announced they were putting him in the front office and giving him a chance to develop some skills for maybe one day to move into a leadership position we’d all think “that makes sense”.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad