Around the NHL 2023-2024

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Yea it's the gold trim that throws it off for me. I like the primary orange, I think we need more diversity of color in the league beyond white/red/blue. I think the logo is amazing. I think that the lack of purple/eggplant really sets it back imo.

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
They had an eggplant 3rd jersey this year and have had a couple other 3rd/special jerseys using that green/purple colors in the past few years. I'd wager that they will put out another throw back eggplant jersey in the next 5 years or so. That's probably the one I'd wait for if I was inclined to get a Ducks jersey in the next decade.
I do know that they had that alternate/throwback jersey, but I'd much rather it be their main. If I had any experience in graphic design, I'd just do what was suggested and throw in some purple on the new, revamped jersey. I don't think I'll get a ducks jersey anytime soon, but I definitely doubt it considering fanatics is running the show and their product quality is abhorrently bad.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yea it's the gold trim that throws it off for me. I like the primary orange, I think we need more diversity of color in the league beyond white/red/blue. I think the logo is amazing. I think that the lack of purple/eggplant really sets it back imo.
Yeah we definitely need some purple in the league. I’m hoping Utah has it as their primary color once they confirm their branding. Would be a huge miss if they don’t. The Jazz already showed that market how trash their unis were after they went away from purple.

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
We have acquired the 14th and 42nd overall picks in the 2024 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the 11th overall pick in the 2024 NHL Draft.

• Haha
Reactions: SirPaste

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Who does San Jose have their eye on that they're worried Philadelphia or MInnesota might snag? Eiserman? Yakemchuk, ensuring they get one of the top 6 D? Catton?

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Who does San Jose have their eye on that they're worried Philadelphia or MInnesota might snag? Eiserman? Yakemchuk, ensuring they get one of the top 6 D? Catton?
Sharks have extra picks and are likely eyeing a d. That I can understand. Don’t understand Sabres. They have had lots of high picks, not sure why they targeted extra 2nd unless they have another move planned.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Sharks have extra picks and are likely eyeing a d. That I can understand. Don’t understand Sabres. They have had lots of high picks, not sure why they targeted extra 2nd unless they have another move planned.
That's where my mind is going. The Sabres are going to use either the picks or drafted assets to bring in immediate need help this coming season. Gotta be more planned.

Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I would guess they have more moves coming. Freidman thinks a Skinner buyout is very possible for them, so they could have some serious cap space to work with. Believe the rumor is they have a lot of interest in Necas…this would give them more ammo for that type of move.

Suter gone.

Joshua just got a nice extension. Overpriced, but good for him.
You were right on Suter. I honestly didn’t think he was bad for them, but Dallas fans on the main boards seem very pleased he’s gone so what do I know haha

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
You were right on Suter. I honestly didn’t think he was bad for them, but Dallas fans on the main boards seem very pleased he’s gone so what do I know haha
Rumored Tanev numbers are too high for DAL. P Kane and Guentzel have been mentioned, but DAL has to fix their defense first. No doubt Suter played well. There were other issues.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I would guess they have more moves coming. Freidman thinks a Skinner buyout is very possible for them, so they could have some serious cap space to work with. Believe the rumor is they have a lot of interest in Necas…this would give them more ammo for that type of move.

I'd read criticisms that Suter was unwilling to play rolls the team needed from him. That's not how I'd want my career to end, being paid to not play for my last two teams. I don't think that happens to high character guys.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Not overpriced at all if he continues playing like he did this season. He would have gotten 4-5 mil on the open market IMO.
I think you're right about that. He'd have gotten more, meaning, he left money on the table. I say overpriced because he's had a couple good seasons, but, then again, if the market calls for that price+, then it's not overpriced.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Word is that the preds are signing Saros to a 8 year 7.5 mil extension. Wonder what happens to Askarov now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad