OT: All things Food

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Milk pours faster than cereal, especially flakes style cereal. This means pouring cereal second results in the cereal in the bottom of the bowl sitting in milk longer before eating than the reverse of the operations. If your top reason to pour milk first is to avoid soggy cereal, then you are doing it wrong. By it, I mean everything that is good in life. 🤣
All I’m saying brudda, if we have two bowls of cereal, one the correct style, and the other immoral style…side by side… mine would win in a taste test.

That’s just one match up the cereal first community ain’t winning

• Haha
Reactions: Kurrilino
There's a place in San Clemente, Hapa J's that does a very good Kalua Pork. Their nachos are legit.

I rarely get down that way but will try it if I do. That reminds me we did find a similar place in Gardena called Auntie's Cafe. The best thing about Kono's Kalua Pork breakfast burrito is the pineapple jalapeno salsa.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Man we are going to have to add cereal to the things we don’t discuss along with religion and politics…. No comment on hipster pizza either. Hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
My favorite store bought salsa in California is La Salsa Chilena. Highly recommend trying it.
Everyone is going to laugh, but my favorite salsa comes in the Costco taco kit

1727810090224.png

This salsa is perfection in flavor and spice

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Habit > In'n'Out.

But Shake Shack > both. And White Castle is the most overrated fast food I've ever eaten (close second: Five Guys).

View attachment 911314
Shake Shack is legit ass. Habit and In n Out are leaps and bounds better.

Also, if you guys still buy dominos and Pizza Hut rather than a mom & pops pizzeria then we have problems. If you want to know what a person thinks of you, look at what pizza they buy when you go over.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Also, if you guys still buy dominos and Pizza Hut rather than a mom & pops pizzeria then we have problems. If you want to know what a person thinks of you, look at what pizza they buy when you go over.
I more than forgive you for your milk before cereal hedonism.

This is some Socrates level thinking right here

Here are two of my favorite pizza places. Both are totally different styles

NY Style:
A Slice of NY PIzza in Seal Beach on Main Street Slice of New York Pizza Seal Beach - Google Suche
This is the best NY style pizza that I have found in So Cal.

1727815218389.png

I guess I can best desribe this next style as Mom and Pop So Cal or Seriously Gourmet Lamppost

Doria's Haus of Pizza in Costa Mesa Doria's Haus of Pizza - Google Suche

1727815377787.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bland and Fat Elvis

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
My favorite store bought salsa in California is La Salsa Chilena. Highly recommend trying it.
Hmmm, thanks -- i'll give it a try.

I put salsa on almost everything and go thru jars/etc. in 2-3 days. But my prior to-go was discounted a while back and i've been searching for 1-2 years now on a new to-go salsa. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
For "Flake" style cereal, just use small servings, eat 2 bowls if needed ( those flake cereals go soggy SOOOO FAST) now "grape nuts", just let those things soak, and when you think there ready , just let them soak some more.

• Haha
Reactions: Lt Dan

There's a time and a place for chain pizza restaurants and that usually involves having over little children or people that are cheap skates and you're merely returning the favor. Oh and costco pizza is beyond gross.. can't believe any one buys that crap. I'd rather eat Little Caeser's. Yeah, I said it! As I mentioned before I still love Round Table as it's nostalgia for me.

With that said, we've got plenty of decent places near me. Michael's and La Parolaccia make good neopolitan style. A place that's gotten a lot of hype that i like but I think is overhyped is a place called Speakcheezy that was right behind my old house. Milana's NY squares and Milana's NY Pizza are good NY style. Little Coyote is pretty good too.

Anyone that thinks Pizza Port pizza is good needs to have their head checked. Pizza has been a hot topic with my beer league team. We got dragged to Pizza Port a few years ago playing a tournament in San Diego and I was offended quite frankly!

Anyone been to Pizzeria Bianco? We went after watching the Chef's Table episode and they had just opened the DTLA location. Chris Bianco was there and going around to all the tables. Such a nice guy and great pizza but it's definitely not cheap.

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I have been known (under certain circumstances) to eat an entire box of fruity pebbles with just one pour of milk - which then goes down the hatch like a melted shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad