OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
as we now in this semi apacolyptic world where you can't do basic things anymore, scoring political points and talking approval ratings does seem pointless. If we make it to November and can find our way of life sometime again Ill take that as good news
not just pointless but shows how far out of wack peoples priorities are and how far off the deep end their political beliefs have brought them. I have never had such a long list of people I have written off and lost all respect for as people showing their true colors during this time. Shows how immature and childish a lot of people are.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
not just pointless but shows how far out of wack peoples priorities are and how far off the deep end their political beliefs have brought them. I have never had such a long list of people I have written off and lost all respect for as people showing their true colors during this time. Shows how immature and childish a lot of people are.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

It changed a while back. Instead of being about doing the right thing, it became about being right all the time. Even if you're not. Just keep pushing your view loud and long and eventually enough people will believe what you're saying that you change the actual narrative. It's nauseating how rather than being wrong (which everyone is at some point) it became intolerable to accept that.

Reactions: Scotto74

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

member 96824

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm thinking about that historic August 28th day when Martin Luther King famously said

"I have a dream, that my ratings on TV will be, like, super bowl levels, ok?"

:naughty:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Its a situation we are all in together in this war against Covid-19. The virus spread everywhere and is basically an occupying force right now and it looks like it's here to stay. Lots of tough decisions ahead.

Reactions: Scotto74

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I find your decision to classify the president's approval rating going down because of how poorly he is handling a pandemic response where people are sick and dying as "good news" while also stating the country being divided is problematic as....curious at best.

Not a fan of our president at all, or the job he has done...but I would never classify his approval rating taking a nosedive during this as "good news". Good news is sharing the number of people who have recovered, or highlighting the sacrifices of first responders and medical professionals, or sharing progress towards mitigation efforts.

Thank you, you make a valid point. My bad.

It was good news for me, as the numbers came out this week, and maybe only me, for today, as I look ahead to the future of my country.

Reactions: Ritmo and sooshii

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Trying to get ticket refunds for concerts, sporting events? You're not alone

Paul Rogers spent $819 to purchase three tickets to take his grandson to the Bruins-Maple Leafs NHL game scheduled back on March 14. But two days before the game, the NHL put the season on pause. The game never happened, but Rogers can't get a refund because the NHL hasn't technically canceled it. Instead, wealthy team owners are holding on to fans' ticket money.

"A situation like this, you can't even get a refund? That's terrible," said Rogers.

Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey says this issue is on her radar and ticket holders who can't get refunds should file a complaint with her office.

"I understand the argument some [teams or concert promoters] are making here, but we've got to face the reality here," said Healey, indicating that it'll likely be a long time before large events resume. "People are hurting right now. They need the money in their pocket, and they don't need to be held hostage."

The NHL did not respond to an email seeking updated guidance for ticket holders.

Still waiting on my refund for a family trip to aruba that got cancelled because of this. We would literally be touching down in about an hour. They've had about $11k of my money for the last 5 months and they'll probably have it for at least one more. Sucks because this was going to be our first trip outside the country in 20 years and first with the kiddos.

We all still have our health and jobs though, so if this is the worst thing I have to deal with in this mess, I'll take it.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As we get further into this Coronavirus, the medical profession has determined that this virus not only destroys the lungs. They have found heart inflammation, acute kidney disease, neurological malfunction, blood clots, intestinal damage and liver problems making the course of recovery less certain.

These issues were found in Wuhan, China, and the USA.

Obesity is linked to the disease, especially in young people.

These findings bare out the decision of the Governors to proceed slowly with opening the country. More data is required as we move forward, hence more testing, accurate testing.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Thank you, you make a valid point. My bad.

It was good news for me, as the numbers came out this week, and maybe only me, for today, as I look ahead to the future of my country.

I kind of get where you were coming from.

I enjoy seeing the approval rating go down. For as long as he's been in the political eye he's had a solid support base that approved of him regardless of his actions. It's sad that it's taken thousands of lives being lost for some of that hardcore base to change their opinion but ideally that is some of the good that can come out of this.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
as we are now in this semi apacolyptic world where you can't do basic things anymore, scoring political points and talking approval ratings does seem pointless. If we make it to November and can find our way of life sometime again Ill take that as good news

It's why his brags come off as completely tone deaf when he does it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Still shocked at the amount of people on social media denying this is real and saying it's a hoax. A kid I grew up with posted on FB that he lost a friend to this yesterday, and followed that up with saying how he didn't believe it was real up until his friend passed away. It shows you that because of the false narrative one guy with a huge platform perpetuated for months, his ardent followers still don't think this is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad