GDT: All Star Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
No crowd reactions at all. It's like they are playing in front of nobody but ppl actually paid money for this. This is embarrassing to the league. If it's gonna be like this, get rid of it cuz it don't matter at all and the players not trying, yeah... I get it, but this isn't exciting

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The skills competition was stupid. These jerseys make it look like everyone is on the same team. The pastels are giving me flashbacks from the 80s. Everytime the NHL has a national audience they shit the the bed all the way to the mattress.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
All of you people complaining about how awful it is yet take the time to post about it on a Saturday afternoon are pathetic. You all knew exactly what was to be expected, yet you take the time to not only watch the game but to feel the need to complain about it on an anonymous message board like a child having a temper tantrum.

No one is forcing you to watch, you can be doing other things with your time yet here you all are. I don't get it.

For the record, I have a house full of 11/12 yr olds who are loving it. My rant is done. Enjoy the games.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
McDavid sucks in the Allstar game yet again
He's normally a one shot scorer but this game it seemed like simple shots that the goalie didn't have to work very much to save. Lots of bad passing too, but there were glimmers of him

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
NHL allows cringy crap at all star skills competition yet still have off side reviews. So silly, Pettersson had a hat trick

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
All of you people complaining about how awful it is yet take the time to post about it on a Saturday afternoon are pathetic. You all knew exactly what was to be expected, yet you take the time to not only watch the game but to feel the need to complain about it on an anonymous message board like a child having a temper tantrum.

No one is forcing you to watch, you can be doing other things with your time yet here you all are. I don't get it.

For the record, ai have a house full of 11/12 yr olds who are loving it. My rant is done. Enjoy the games.
The exact point. Thank you.

xc2215x

Jan 7, 2023
No crowd reactions at all. It's like they are playing in front of nobody but ppl actually paid money for this. This is embarrassing to the league. If it's gonna be like this, get rid of it cuz it don't matter at all and the players not trying, yeah... I get it, but this isn't exciting
The players don't feel there is much to play for, I do understand why are you bored.

Reactions: sanscosm

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The players don't feel there is much to play for, I do understand why are you bored.
I get no hitting but Draisaitl didn't even try, that's pathetic. I mean he didn't even shoot on a breakaway and passed it to the boards with 3 seconds left. It makes the game look even more stupid

Reactions: Duke74

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So if central wins the all star, then if any of the team from the central made it to the finals would have home ice advantage

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Oh yes, because when I think of Mario Lemieux, I think of him at the ASG.

Absolutely.

The sheer skill on display at the 1988 all star game hooked me into watching hockey.

Mock it if you want, but the all star game used to be a fantastic way to get non hockey people to actually watch a game and get interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad