Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
This Laine chatter has to be pure nostalgia and nothing else. Who in their right mind looks at the Jets, looks at Laine, and decides "yes, yes, this guy out of everyone in the NHL is exactly what the Winnipeg Jets need."

C'mon man.

If the goal is to win a cup or even make a deep run then I am not sure how Laine at that caphit helps, let alone all the assets that would need to be parted with to get him. If TNSE just wants to sell some tickets sure, but if they actually want to win it doesn't seem the best path forward.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
You may be right that he is nearly finished, but you are overstating things.
"emotionally unstable, entitled, and locker room cancer", may be fair.
It is 5 seasons without playing a full season, not 6. 2 of those were shortened by Covid. He missed just 3 games in 20. Close enough to a full season, so it is 4 not 6. He missed 11 games in 21 so still 4 but missing 11 games is not that bad.
He didn't hate it here. He was dissatisfied with his usage. That dissatisfaction was unjustified. See entitled above. His agent hinted at a trade request so Chevy moved him when the opportunity came along. At the time, he seemed surprised and hurt by the trade. He has since spoken favourably about Wpg.

I'm not on the 'bring him back bus'. I would have him if the deal was right. No nostalgia involved.
He's often injured. you can't deny it. it was reported in his winnipeg stint his fitnes wasn't great and he resisted efforts by staff and teammates to help him with this....and that it is a continuing problem that leads to constant injury. you forgot his injury in game 1 of the play in round during covid. .....

And now he's demanding a trade from a second team...... because it's the team, the coach, the GM...in Patrick's mind it's NEVER him it's always the team out to get him....

I don't care if he's finished, or beginning....

I don't care about his mental health, sure at a personal level I hope he's ok.

But, as a player? I really am not interested. If he has emotional problems that's his issue and while I wish him health, there is nothing inhumane or wrong with not wanting that type of issue on my team. There's 100 million people with less privilege and money with problems as bad or worse...so getting my panties in a bunch over "poor poor Patrick Laine" isn't on my agenda.

Also, lets not forget he was getting benched and scratched his last stint in Columbus....

He was a problem for the Jets, so he was traded to Columbus, where he became a problem...
2 teams, what 3-4 coaches? benching him, scratching him, pointing to his lack of effort, calling him out on his fitness and desire? and now people want him back on the team?!

LOL NO.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
He's often injured. you can't deny it. it was reported in his winnipeg stint his fitnes wasn't great and he resisted efforts by staff and teammates to help him with this....and that it is a continuing problem that leads to constant injury. you forgot his injury in game 1 of the play in round during covid. .....

And now he's demanding a trade from a second team...... because it's the team, the coach, the GM...in Patrick's mind it's NEVER him it's always the team out to get him....

But, as a player? I really am not interested. If he has emotional problems that's his issue and while I wish him health, there is nothing inhumane or wrong with not wanting that type of issue on my team. There's 100 million people with less privilege and money with problems as bad or worse...so getting my panties in a bunch over "poor poor Patrick Laine" isn't on my agenda.

Also, lets not forget he was getting benched and scratched his last stint in Columbus....

He was a problem for the Jets, so he was traded to Columbus, where he became a problem...
2 teams, what 3-4 coaches? benching him, scratching him, pointing to his lack of effort, calling him out on his fitness and desire? and now people want him back on the team?!

LOL NO.t
He played 94% of the games in his first 4 seasons. Then 71% for the next 2+ years up to his shoulder injury last season......coincidentally post-covid.

He's spent the past 6+ months getting treated for mental health issues.

He's a solid top 6 forward in this league, as supported by points per game and fancier stats. All the cancer in the room bullshit is just noise. Wheeler was the real cancer, apparently. If the Jets leadership would have him back, there's no reason not to explore it, despite your panicked ramblings.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
If he came back, Id pull out my Laine costume beard from the closet and attend a few games.

Ill never forget the first whiteout back, i was sitting behind the bench sporting the Laine beard (an old 70s rug cut into an amish shaped beard).

Paul Maurice turns around and bursts out laughing like Alain Vigneault on nitrous oxide.

Then Laine turns around and turns beet red. In hindsight I may have contributed to his departure.

1722277842680.gif

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He played 94% of the games in his first 4 seasons. Then 71% for the next 2+ years up to his shoulder injury last season......coincidentally post-covid.

He's spent the past 6+ months getting treated for mental health issues.

He's a solid top 6 forward in this league, as supported by points per game and fancier stats. All the cancer in the room bullshit is just noise. Wheeler was the real cancer, apparently. If the Jets leadership would have him back, there's no reason not to explore it, despite your panicked ramblings.
Yeah the room, cultures, vibes etc was suppose to improve substantially post Laine trade however that wasn't the case. Wheeler stripped of the C, Stastny calling the teams lack of respect out, Bowness pointing out culture, motivation problems. IMO If all that shit disappeared following the Laine trade then you'd have an argument, however it doesn't seem like the case.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005

LOL NO.
From your first paragraph, part the articles. I'm interested in reading them.

I don't recall him "demanding" anything. He asked to be moved, I haven't heard any demands come out from either side. Again, if you've got an article, I'm interested in reading it.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Too bad that site isn't more reputable... I'd take that trade easy
Mike McIntyre mentioned in one of his recent articles that the Jets discussed a McMichael trade during the draft.

Edit: Sorry it was Ken Wiebe, not Mike McIntyre, who said it in an article both Wiebe and McIntyre wrote. “There was some chatter around the 2024 NHL Draft that the Jets and Capitals were considering a deal that involved centre Connor McMichael.Article Link

Last edited:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
If he came back, Id pull out my Laine costume beard from the closet and attend a few games.

Ill never forget the first whiteout back, i was sitting behind the bench sporting the Laine beard (an old 70s rug cut into an amish shaped beard).

Paul Maurice turns around and bursts out laughing like Alain Vigneault on nitrous oxide.

Then Laine turns around and turns beet red. In hindsight I may have contributed to his departure.

View attachment 897764

Or, you may be the reason Maurice hopes we get the cup next

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

LOL NO.

I'm not denying that he is often injured but you are factually exaggerating it.

I'm not interested in him as a player either.

Reactions: rkp

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Rutger, Perfetti and a pick for Necas seems pretty insane, even if the pick was just a mid round

If, and IF that is true the Jets are out on Perfetti big time and that "Perfetan" nickname @sipowicz has for him is more accurate than we thought... :laugh:
Seravelli is suggesting Jets and Canes discussed Perfetti, McGroarty and pick for Necas, but deal may have been nixed cause Necas wouldn’t sign a longer deal. Also said Buffalo may have had deal for Necas, but he wasn’t going sign there either.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He would be a fair return for mcgro
Rutger, Perfetti and a pick for Necas seems pretty insane, even if the pick was just a mid round

If, and IF that is true the Jets are out on Perfetti big time and that "Perfetan" nickname @sipowicz has for him is more accurate than we thought... :laugh:

Absolutely not doing that for two years of him.

Reactions: GNP and Mathil8

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If Perfetti hears his name in trade rumours does that change his contract approach?

And if the Jets are considering moving Cole, does that say something about how contract talks are going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad