Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The point was, that injury history has no bearing on the player itself. Rick Tocchet was injured frequently throughout his career and still played in over 1100 games through 18 seasons.

He stated that Patrik Laine publicly demanded a trade to the media. Patrik Laine never demanded a trade through the media. There is a difference between the player making the demands publicly and the agent.

I personally want a salary retained Patrik Laine knowing that he has a reputation for defensive deficiences which I don't even know if they have improved since leaving Winnipeg. I do remember Patrik Laine as the most electifying player offensively in 2.0 history.

I wish Patrik Laine started his career with Rick Bowness behind the bench and not Paul Maurice.
Actually the answer for most electrifying is Buff ;)

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice
Ladies 10oz
Or a toxic masculinity cut 24oz?

12 oz is the size they offer.... MR for me...

And a Yorkshire Pudding with great beef reduction...

The grilled root vegetables and asparagus were off the hook as well...

Acompanied by a nice Chianti and fava beans....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... !!!

chianti.gif

Na... just kidding... Shiraz.... :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... !!!

View attachment 897315

I prefer the 6oz in the pan works for me no matter what

Reactions: John Agar

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Yah Byfuglien was the only player I considered up there. Byfuglien was defensively electrifying with his massive hits, but he didn't score as much as Laine.
Buff to me is the second most important player to this organization ( 2.0 )
other than Hellebucyk.
And all though Hellebucyk hasn’t come through in the playoffs, this team is dead in the water without him.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... !!!

View attachment 897315

Nice meal description from an elitist lefty, no doubt.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
That was a case of expectations being exceeded encouraging ticket sales.

I'm not suggesting that Wpg hockey fans would prefer to watch a loser. But there is excitement in watching a Fantilli, Bedard or Celebrini develop and watching a team being built around them. The same applies to slightly lesser lights like Leo Carlsson or Will Smith, for example.

Jets great regular season last year created heightened expectations for the PO. Their performance in the PO was all the more disappointing as a result. 2015 Jets were eliminated in 4 straight but the feeling was pretty positive. It was clear that the team did their best but were just overmatched. The announced youth movement for the next season was therefore happily accepted by fans. The team had to get better. There was no drop in attendance in 16, or even 17 as the retool continued. There was optimism.

I don't sense any of that building this off-season. We have seen that they are not even close in the PO and it appears that mostly the same team will be run back this season. Given a probable drop off in goaltending and no improvement elsewhere I see a 3rd or 4th place finish in the Div and another 1st rd exit. What's to get excited about? It isn't too late for something to happen to change that but it becomes less and less likely each day.

I think there's a high level excitement and interest in seeing a future star develop but on a night in, night out basis that interest wanes pretty quick.

The difference now compared to 16 and 17 is it feels like the team is going down the slope of the mountain instead of climbing to the top.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yah Byfuglien was the only player I considered up there. Byfuglien was defensively electrifying with his massive hits, but he didn't score as much as Laine.
I don’t separate it, as I think it’s one sequence to see him lay someone out and lead the team on the break. I have been more electrified by Ehlers who will make an insane pass or puck handling move, after move. It’s not anyone move, but, the sequence.
I thought Laine often just shot it and it was in the back of the net. It still counted, but at one point more to be expected than how did he do that.
Electrifying to me isn’t about numbers. That’s effectiveness, it’s a how did he do that feeling.
Another sport example which I think is more clear is basketball. I want to see a player on the opposing team look silly trying to keep up with the play. It’s about the crossover and then the step back three pointer. Laine was just effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: thereturn

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don’t separate it, as I think it’s one sequence to see him lay someone out and lead the team on the break. I have been more electrified by Ehlers who will make an insane pass or puck handling move, after move. It’s not anyone move, but, the sequence.
I thought Laine often just shot it and it was in the back of the net. It still counted, but at one point more to be expected than how did he do that.
Electrifying to me isn’t about numbers. That’s effectiveness, it’s a how did he do that feeling.
Another sport example which I think is more clear is basketball. I want to see a player on the opposing team look silly trying to keep up with the play. It’s about the crossover and then the step back three pointer. Laine was just effective.

Using the other sport analogy, Ehlers is more of a run first QB whereas Patrik Laine can sit in the pocket and throw it down the field for a large gain is how I view him.

Reactions: thereturn

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think there's a high level excitement and interest in seeing a future star develop but on a night in, night out basis that interest wanes pretty quick.

The difference now compared to 16 and 17 is it feels like the team is going down the slope of the mountain instead of climbing to the top.

We didn’t have allot to lose in 16-17 and the owner had a sold out building. We also had a really good prospect pool and that plan made allot of sense at the time.

You are right we were on the way up with that core who are now either in, or entering their 30’s. I agree we would be at the beginning of the backside notwithstanding replacements.

The more I look at what Chimpman is promoting (make the playoffs and anything can happen) the more I think our best case scenario will be the Minnesota Wild. Before people roll their eyes remember the Wild have been about as good as any team in the NHL at making the playoffs. I believe it’s been 9 times in the last 10 seasons up until they missed last year. The only reason they are missing now is they have a $14 million dollar dead cap hit.

Wild are the gold standard in the tier of good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win it all.

Reactions: Buffdog and surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad