Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Nailed it

Ehh, I'm still on Chevy's side with that. Demanding to get into the lineup while we're fighting Colorado for home ice is kind of out of pocket, especially with Cole taking his lumps on the bench.

By all accounts Chevy had no problem turning him pro, and he would have got into the lineup for the last game when the matchups were set anyway.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Ehh, I'm still on Chevy's side with that. Demanding to get into the lineup while we're fighting Colorado for home ice is kind of out of pocket, especially with Cole taking his lumps on the bench.

By all accounts Chevy had no problem turning him pro, and he would have got into the lineup for the last game when the matchups were set anyway.
my favorite part of that video is at the end when he said "I don't know what else he needs to do to prove he is an nhler",ummm maybe come to training camp and prove it?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
See post #11991

If Stanley was 5’11” he’d have never been drafted.
The club probably believed he would be a Buff lite potentially.
I understand why he was selected.
Are we a better team with him in the lineup? I’d say no.
For a draft and development team like ours, we don’t seem to have a good pool of defenders to replace our roster departures.
Stanley is not a good Dman.
We are always talking about Cheveldayoff going out to find a good defender.
I really hope Dillon stays.

If Stan was 6'2 he would never have been drafted.
But, that said, he is an adequate 7/8.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
We need more physicality in our lineup so teams dont push us around.

Matt Martin or Cal Clutterbuck anybody?

And with Dillon gone we really have no one on the D with any physicality. Stanley doesn't count as he's just a penalty magnet.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

And with Dillon gone we really have no one on the D with any physicality. Stanley doesn't count as he's just a penalty magnet.
I thought they would have went after Desharnais. He’s a better version of Stanley. Skates better and is actually uses his size. Was a pretty big part of Oilers PK for most of the playoffs.

Vancouver signed him.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I thought they would have went after Desharnais. He’s a better version of Stanley. Skates better and is actually uses his size. Was a pretty big part of Oilers PK for most of the playoffs.

Vancouver signed him.
He was someone I was thinking about as well. There are others as well based on price paid that I felt we should have been in on, and maybe we were but we just weren't the preferred destination.

Chychrun as an example, Hakanpaa, Sean Walker, Lyabushkin.

Hard to believe we didn't even talk to Dillon but Chevy wanted DeMelo back for sure and the only way to get Heinola in without having to play on his off side was to let Dilly go since Morrissey and Samberg aren't going anywhere.
B
Forwards I was interested in other than mildly in Monahan but not at the cost he went for were Stephenson, Foegele (but he got too much money), Ryan Lomberg, Jack Studnicka who I've always liked but couldn't tell you why, Mattias Janmark for the PK,

Is there anything to see in a Yamamoto or McLeod, Zadina, Carter Savoie, Boris Katchouk. Maybe one is able to be reclamation project.

Reactions: Thechozen1

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

This is the #1 priority for the Jets ... they will get bounced in the first round every time until they get tougher players. They need one physical defenceman like Buff and a power forward to get by that first round.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I really wonder if the Jets run Stanley-Miller as a 3rd pairing now, that's at least a potential physical pairing and have Heinola-Lundmark compete against them, for a different look, more of a skating one...

I'm not upset about today...the Jets moved on from 4 over 30 players in the past 2 days, I think that opens up to playing with more pace, which was a definite issue in the playoffs.

The 2C issue is still concerning...is it Perfetti? Lambert? Namestnikov? Or is Mc Groarty being leveraged as a trade chip for a potential 2C? Other than that issue, and maybe team toughness, when push comes to shove, I'd say this is a team that knows each other well, knows their roles...And Arniel is not coming in from the outside, so there shouldn't be any potential clashes. I want to see what the new coaches bring to the table.

The one thing is that teams with Cap space have moved to close the gap, and it's easy enough to envision a team like Nashville leapfrogging us because of their offseason work.

Buckle up.

At this point, I want to see Vile Heinola playing sink or swim. I feel bad for the guy not getting an opportunity. Almost any other player would demand a trade. He was taken 5 years ago.... play him or move him.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I want to see him play but you look at Broberg who was a better draft pick in the same year, and he sat alot in the PB last year, before finally breaking out. Defensemen take time.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
It's good to remember that for every team that gets better in the offseason, there is a team that gets worse. The League, in aggregate, is the same year to year.

We are clearly better today than we were a year ago (no G or 1C). And we are a very similar team today to the one that started the last season (Heinola and Miller in, Dillon, Schmidt out),

Still some work to be done this week, by the sounds of it. Let's not lose our sh1t after Day 1 of free agency.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I want to see him play but you look at Broberg who was a better draft pick in the same year, and he sat alot in the PB last year, before finally breaking out. Defensemen take time.
A defenceman needs a stretch of 30-40 games to settle in. It's tough because there's typically a bigger microscope on you, compared to a forward.

Heinola in all these seasons was never given more than 3 games in a row. Not great for a player's comfort and confidence. He watched while Samberg and Stanley were given opportunties and made mistakes and allowed to play through them. I think it's just an example of bias towards size and strength, right or wrong, especially for a D man.

I'm confident that if he gets the run of games, he'll settle in and prove to be a useful player. Playing him on the left side with a reliable partner is a good start.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Looking ay NYR's roster and cap and thinking they must be moving Kakko at some point. They have about $8m in space, maybe $10m if they can shift The People's Elbow to Detroit. They have Lindgren and Schneider RFA this year and Shesterkin and Miller (and Kakko) next year. And not a lot coming off the books.

A deal around McGroarty and Kakko makes sense. They'd need to add.

Maybe McGroarty and Kupari for Kakko and Othmann.

Love to see Rutger and his Lying Eyes on Broadway!

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Looking ay NYR's roster and cap and thinking they must be moving Kakko at some point. They have about $8m in space, maybe $10m if they can shift The People's Elbow to Detroit. They have Lindgren and Schneider RFA this year and Shesterkin and Miller (and Kakko) next year. And not a lot coming off the books.

A deal around McGroarty and Kakko makes sense. They'd need to add.

Maybe McGroarty and Kupari for Kakko and Othmann.

Love to see Rutger and his Lying Eyes on Broadway!
Just following up on this, if we also shifted Iaffalo and Rashevsky for Laine, we could lineup like this:

Connor Scheifele Vilardi
Ehlers Perfetti Laine
Barron Lowry Kakko
Niederreiter Namestnikov Appleton

Bottom 6 looks awesome. Playoff material.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Just following up on this, if we also shifted Iaffalo and Rashevsky for Laine, we could lineup like this:

Connor Scheifele Vilardi
Ehlers Perfetti Laine
Barron Lowry Kakko
Namestnikov Gus Appleton

Bottom 6 looks awesome. Playoff material.
Niederieter?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Really? You think the answer lies in a 34 year old fading vet? Maybe we make room for the kids instead?

No kidding. What type of value do people think these fading players actually provide at this point of their careers. All they do is block young players.

This org has been far too conservative and doesn't seem willing to take risks and imo that has impeded growth.

It would be one thing if the centers and dmen we were targeting were legit good top 6/top 4 players in the heart of their career to play ahead of some of the kids but that isnt who we have brought in over the years.

Why not take a chance on some of your prospects being able to handle some of these roles. I can't imagine one of Perfetti/Lambert not being able to provide more value from the center position then what an old Henrique currently provides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad