Oilers 2024-2025 Schedule

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
View attachment 891649

I think they just randomly alternate which divisional rivals you play 4 vs 3 games against every year. I'm pretty sure we played 4 against Calgary and Vancouver the last couple of years, so it's probably just their turn in the rotation.

Unfortunately it's not. There appeared to be a rotation post-Covid / post Seattle joining, but this year changed that.

In 2021-22 - 3x Kraken and Anaheim, 4x all other Pacific.
In 2022-23 - 3x Vancouver and Calgary, 4x all other Pacific.
In 2023-24 - 3x Vegas and San Jose, 4x all other Pacific.
In 2024-25 - 3x Vancouver and Calgary, 4x all other Pacific.

We've never had a non-bubble season with less than 4 vs. LA, yet this is the second time in 3 seasons with less than 4 vs Western Canadian rivals.

Really they should move it to 4 games vs all divisional rivals and drop two games vs. Conference rivals. With there being 8 Conference rivals, the 2 teams that you only play twice should rotate once every four years.

I can’t wait to hear HFB claiming the Oilers have another easy schedule... all the way to the cup final 😂

While ignoring that the only difference between theirs and every other Western Conference team is 5 games.

Heck even the difference between Eastern teams is only 20 games out of 82.

Reactions: MessierII

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
So there are apparently 4 games on Prime only this year. Which means you can't watch them on regular cable. I have Prime, so it doesn't affect me much, but I still hate it. It's a bunch of bullshit.

In Canada. Surprised to see Rogers giving away games to a competitor.

I suspect it wouldn't include any games featuring Canadian teams.

---
edit

Nevermind looks like there are several Oiler games

home game vs. NJ in November
home vs Montreal in November
home stanley cup rematch in December
home game vs. LA in March (history suggests this may be for playoff positioning).

3 of those 4 games are games I'd expect high viewership on. Hopefully, it's at least regionally available for non-Prime members.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wait so even if we have SN plus we can’t watch those 4 games??

I’m pretty sure SN sold their national rights to Monday night games to Amazon so now you have to have an app that sells books to watch a hockey game now as Monday Night Hockey was a national telecast not regional.

Thanks Gary.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I’m pretty sure SN sold their national rights to Monday night games to Amazon so now you have to have an app that sells books to watch a hockey game now as Monday Night Hockey was a national telecast not regional.

Thanks Gary.
Yeah this is the case. Unfortunately we have to watch it on Prime (hopefully they broadcast in 4K).

1000006264.png

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country

Thanks Gary.

It's the way of the future. Did Gary make MLS sign exclusive deal with Appletv so those fans need a streaming service to get 75% of their local teams games? NBA going to have a streaming partner for their next partnership. Stupid Gary Bettman! EPL soccer not on TV here for years, etc. You can not like it, that's fair. But to blame Bettman doesn't seem to make sense. Times are changing.

If you are mad at anyone be mad at Rogers, since as you mentioned, it was them selling off part of their package to Amazon Prime.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
From what I've read so far, it appears so, unless the only exclusive part is the national broadcast and the regional is still available. Nothing in anything I found online clarifies whether this could be the case.
4 games where the streaming numbers will be way down yet the number of people actually watching will be the same ;):laugh:

Reactions: bone

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's the way of the future. Did Gary make MLS sign exclusive deal with Appletv so those fans need a streaming service to get 75% of their local teams games? NBA going to have a streaming partner for their next partnership. Stupid Gary Bettman! EPL soccer not on TV here for years, etc. You can not like it, that's fair. But to blame Bettman doesn't seem to make sense. Times are changing.

If you are mad at anyone be mad at Rogers, since as you mentioned, it was them selling off part of their package to Amazon Prime.

Gary is still the asshole in charge who approved the sale of the SN rights to Amazon and I don’t give a rats f***ing ass about baseball, soccer or basketball. People paid SN to watch the games and now they have to pay those dicks at Amazon to watch the same f***ing games but still have to pay SN. And if you want to watch blacked out regional games you also need to buy the NHL Center Ice package from Bell or whoever. Hopefully that does the trick and we dont have to have f***ing Amazon, SN, Center Ice and God knows what else in the future to watch an increasingly shitty product.

I also don’t want to have my game interrupted by a shitty internet feed because my neighbour is mining Bitcoin, thank you very much.

Last edited:

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah I saw that. That’s f***ing stupid. So I have to watch a hockey game now via Amazon on my tv. I f***ing hate all these streaming services one has to pay for now. It’s ridiculous.
If you want to watch 'all' the games, you will have to get used to it. Thats how TV is going, not just sports.

I remember when Pocklington was trying to charge extra to watch all the Oilers games, can't recall if it ever did happen. I know I never paid for it but can't recall the last time I didn't have all the Oiler and Flames game included with Sportsnet.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If you want to watch 'all' the games, you will have to get used to it. Thats how TV is going, not just sports.

I remember when Pocklington was trying to charge extra to watch all the Oilers games, can't recall if it ever did happen. I know I never paid for it but can't recall the last time I didn't have all the Oiler and Flames game included with Sportsnet.

Yes that seems to be the way it’s going unfortunately. There is already getting streaming fatigue with people not subscribing to all the various streaming services.

I watch all the games right now. SN and NHL Centre Ice gets you every game no blackouts. I go to all the home games with seasons tix.

I’m sure I’ll get used to it but I am not a fan of streaming or having to pay the trillionaires at Amazon and Apple even more money.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Yes that seems to be the way it’s going unfortunately. There is already getting streaming fatigue with people not subscribing to all the various streaming services.

I watch all the games right now. SN and NHL Centre Ice gets you every game no blackouts. I go to all the home games with seasons tix.

I’m sure I’ll get used to it but I am not a fan of streaming or having to pay the trillionaires at Amazon and Apple even more money.
I renewed with Shaw last fall, was thinking of dropping the TV package buts thats the cheap part of it now as I need the high speed internet. More 4K available for streaming and watching the UFC streamed is much different than TSN. Better quality and less muting.

But we kept the TV part, mainly because the other person in the house can't read a map or find things on a new guide let alone figure out a new streaming service.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad