Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign F Jonathan Drouin ($2.5m x 1y)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Had a feeling Drouin would prefer to come back on another cheap one year than play somewhere else.

This was by far the most fun he's had playing hockey in his pro career, and he clearly places a high priority on his mental health.

Props to Jo for leaving money on the table again. Hope he gets a long term next summer. With the cap crunch, I can see the Avs not re-signing Mikko, and ear marking some of his money for Drouin.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
How you drouin.gif

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I wonder if cmac and Drou have a handshake deal to extend him after this season if he repeats or does better. Also what does that contract look like?

Feels like it.

Right now our situation is a mess with Landy and Nuke. In one year we should have way more clarity what the hell is happening with those two. :D I mean we should.. I thought we would know by now but this organization drives me nuts sometimes. I guess the problem is, no one seems to know what to do with those two. We are living in a limbo.

Reactions: Linds

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Feels like it.

Right now our situation is a mess with Landy and Nuke. In one year we should have way more clarity what the hell is happening with those two. :D I mean we should.. I thought we would know by now but this organization drives me nuts sometimes. I guess the problem is, no one seems to know what to do with those two. We are living in a limbo.
No further Limbo....

Look, i love Landy. I mean, we all do. He is our captain and we saw first hand what happens when he is not around the team or on the ice. Talking about leadership.

BUT, and here comes the big elephant: Either he is ready to go this season, or at least by December, or he is not. This cant get going for a 3rd year.

Regarding our russian guy with a slope to some mind-altering drugs:
I made my personal standpint very clear: Goodbye.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Bank this one. This will be his most productive year ever, scoring more than a point-per-game, after giving us a hometown discount to stay.

I've seen fans of other teams on social media suggest the NHL has to put in an investigation into Drouin's contract , because it seems unfair to them.

I'm sorry, but players take haircuts to play with and for contenders. We have an outstanding system (that improves players), coach (who adapts year-to-year), and a culture that's second to none.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I wonder if cmac and Drou have a handshake deal to extend him after this season if he repeats or does better. Also what does that contract look like?
No player should ever take a GMs word on a “handshake deal”. They should all be told Danny Manning‘s story as the reason why you don’t do that.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
No player should ever take a GMs word on a “handshake deal”. They should all be told Danny Manning‘s story as the reason why you don’t do that.
True.

But the man in charge is Sakic. I dont see Joe operating this way. Never say never, but the door swings in both directions.

A player that gives us this discount and shows us he wants to ne here, he deserve the same threatment from the org.

I just dont see this shitty behaviour under Sakic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad