Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don't know how close Cheveldayoff was, but we could have got Jeff Skinner and Matt Duchene for a combined $6M. I would have been VERY HAPPY if that is what we picked up in free agency. Maybe we can get Tarasenko.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I agree, Skinner wants to play with McDavid and/or Draisatl and get another big payday. I would have liked to see Skinner playing top 6 here. Even at $7 or $8M for the two of them it would have been a very good signing.
it would still cost more then that, they are both still being paid by their old teams, skinner has made like what 100 million in his career? he would take way less to play in edm then here

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Here is what I'd do

Offer sheet Braden Schneider 8.25 million for five years (give up 1st, 2nd, 3rd)

Ehlers (3m retained), Iafallo (dump) and McGro for Shane Pinto and Mads Sogaard

Stan gone - combined with Ehlers, Iafallo covers Schneider

Claim Kova off waivers!!!!

That leaves us with our current salary cap to cover Pinto and Perfetti

If more $$ are needed
Kupari/Apples for any pick
Buy out Pionk if needed

Vilardi-Scheif-Perfetti
Connor-Pinto-Lambert
Nino-Lowry-Apples
Names-Barron-Kupari

Jomo-Schneider
Samberg-Pionk
Heinola-DeMelo

EDIT: Or sign Colin Miller
Our second round pick for 2025 is gone. Gotta have all the picks to make that offer sheet.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Is Ehlers actually available? Looking at the depth chart now I don't see how you can trade him if the Jets are hoping to compete next year.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Of course not. He’s a #7D who is being played like one. Do you expect the Jets to have 7 top 4 quality defencemen?
Are you insane? You do realize that Stanley wasn’t drafted in the 5th or 6th round right? He went 18th overall. Why don’t you check out his junior numbers the season of his drafting and tell me that this stat line deserved an 18th overall selection. The fact that Chevy fan boys still defend this move as legitimate speaks to the level of brainwashing that some fans have that Chevy is a perennial GM of the year winner…

Reactions: Bigfish and rkp

None

Feb 22, 2012
With all the players headed out, does anyone know what our cap space is at now?

Capfriendly's still up for a few days and still getting updated.

UXFoC39.png

About 5.5 million of the cap is tied up in Wheeler and Schmidt.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I don't think the jets are a market that should be offer sheeting players
I feel the exact opposite. We are team that should use this tool as long as it’s not multiple 1sts.
1. Spend a 1st and 3rd (4.6 mil - 6.9mil) to get a sure fire, young player on a long term deal as opposed to a possibility of drafting one. Or just a second (2.3 a 4.6) instead of spending them at the deadline.
2. Retribution? We struggle to keep players here. They aren’t signing deals to get out in case we match and they are stuck in the tundra for 7 years.
3. We can’t play the same friendly GM style as everyone else. We are at a geographical disadvantage and need to use it to our advantage in some fashion.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Shorter flights, less pressure, and probably more security either in dollars or term. Easy to see why Monahan would choose Columbus.

My guess is the Jets didn't offer as many years but the AAV was probably close. Monahan took the retirement home, low pressure option like Gaudreau before him.
My hunch is that Monahan won't blow the doors off anything in Columbus.

Reactions: bustamente

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad