Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm going to put a lot of faith in Heinola being the d man some think he will be and Lambert making this team out of camp. If this happens then that's progress for this team in terms of youth

Yup. Sounds like Perfetti will be getting a bigger role and Snerg will be in the top 4. I think if both have the years I expect them to in advanced positions then it will really help the group.

I also believe Ville can bring what Nate brought for us while being better on the PP. The big question for me is who do they pair with him on the bottom pairing.

As of now their looks to be one top 6 spot open for Lambert to win. Give both him and Cole reps at C throughout the year and see if one or both seize the opportunity.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I wonder if they use this cap space to try to lock up Cole long term, maybe extend Ehlers

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
What's your plan to aquire a 2C and top 4 RHD?

Assume the guys you're targeting are getting similar offers from more desirable markets

Who would you have offered contracts to today, and what would the terms of those contracts have been? Would we have been able to fit that under the cap? If not, what would you have done to become cap-compliant?

I don't have a problem with anyone shitting on chevy, as long as they have a coherent plan about what should have been done differently

Complaining just to complain is pretty low-level
You haven't even seen low-level...!!!

• Haha
Reactions: rkp and Buffdog

None

Feb 22, 2012
Monahan signed is ok, but signed at 5x5.5 is bad, chevy refused to comment on what the Jets offered Monahan, so its fair to say the Jets likely didn't off the same deal (either term or dollars or both).

Shorter flights, less pressure, and probably more security either in dollars or term. Easy to see why Monahan would choose Columbus.

My guess is the Jets didn't offer as many years but the AAV was probably close. Monahan took the retirement home, low pressure option like Gaudreau before him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Shorter flights, less pressure, and probably more security either in dollars or term. Easy to see why Monahan would choose Columbus.

My guess is the Jets didn't offer as many years but the AAV was probably close. Monahan took the retirement home, low pressure option like Gaudreau before him.

Guess he's not worried about winning then (which is fine)

Reactions: None

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Bob Mckenzie singled out CBJ and WPG as the teams interested in Monahan on a long-term deal.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Bob Mckenzie singled out CBJ and WPG as the teams interested in Monahan on a long-term deal.

I wonder how long term we were willing to go then. Maybe Monahan just wanted the lower pressure Olli Jokinen type of deal. Veteran C to mentor their younger centres :dunno:

Reactions: surixon

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I wonder how long term we were willing to go then. Maybe Monahan just wanted the lower pressure Olli Jokinen type of deal. Veteran C to mentor their younger centres :dunno:

Nah. He seriously considered the Jets, but moving closer to home and family was more appealing. In all likelihood, Cheveldayoff offered a similar AAV but a shorter term. Glad Monahan passed.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Nah. He seriously considered the Jets, but moving closer to home and family was more appealing. In all likelihood, Cheveldayoff offered a similar AAV but a shorter term. Glad Monahan passed.
how is columbus closer to family than winnipeg lol

edit - nvm he's from brampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad