Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm assuming we still address, or attempt to address, our C and RD holes. I'm expecting the D to come via trade, and maybe a short stopgap in Henrique for the C.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If nothing else, we can take today as a signal that maybe Chevy is stepping back from the "win now" mode. It's possible he could have enticed Monahan to stay with an over the top offer, but didn't

Of all the contracts handed out today, there aren't many that will look good in 3 or 4 years. So we didn't get better going into next season, but we did avoid being worse down the road by trying to do so

At this point I'm looking forward to a team that hopefully integrates some youth next season and is at least competitive most nights. I think we'll be back to a "I hope we make the playoffs" mentality for a couple of years before maybe moving forward
That's ok, I'll save money on playoff tickets. Have way too much work to do on the house and yard over the next couple years.

Reactions: Zippity and Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Heinola might play right side to accommodate stans career...

Most of these contracts are built to be bought out... so Dillon is essentially making 5.5 at a 4m cap hit - fine by me

Dillon style will take him to 35 easy - at worst he's a stand in if samberg goes down

Some good cheap D still out there... but id rather be going into this season with dillon-heinola than stan-heinola
I don't think that signing 33 year olds with the plan of buying them out in a year or two is the best way to usher in a youth movement

A Stanley- Heinola pairing scares me for sure. Hopefully Chevy can find another serviceable RHD, even if it's a bottom pairing guy. Had they not f***ed Miller around with his ice time, he would have made an OK partner for Heinola

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm assuming we still address, or attempt to address, our C and RD holes. I'm expecting the D to come via trade, and maybe a short stopgap in Henrique for the C.
Do we really have such a big hole at C? Jets were successful before acquiring Monahan last year.

Scheifele
Lowry
Namestnikov
Perfetti / Vilardi / Lambert
Gus / Kupari / (Barron)

Just spread out the wing offensive talent to create balance...

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If nothing else, we can take today as a signal that maybe Chevy is stepping back from the "win now" mode. It's possible he could have enticed Monahan to stay with an over the top offer, but didn't

Of all the contracts handed out today, there aren't many that will look good in 3 or 4 years. So we didn't get better going into next season, but we did avoid being worse down the road by trying to do so

At this point I'm looking forward to a team that hopefully integrates some youth next season and is at least competitive most nights. I think we'll be back to a "I hope we make the playoffs" mentality for a couple of years before maybe moving forward

I think its still won now mode, just not at any cost. I mean the Monahan contract is bad, very bad, for the Jets to beat it they would of had to gone to 5x5.75 or 6 million per year.......thats boat anchor contract. In the end Chevy in this case didn't spend recklessly which is good, even CBJ fans hate the deal.

IMO Chevy is still looking at options, but they need to make sense via FA , trade and internally. Start the season, give our kids a chance to prove themselves, if they can't handle it then make a trade. Jets need to give out RFA contracts, the kids need to earn their money and roles, time to step up kids. I'm very interested in seeing some kids to actually get some shots this season.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Do we really have such a big hole at C? Jets were successful before acquiring Monahan last year.

Scheifele
Lowry
Namestnikov
Perfetti / Vilardi / Lambert
Gus / Kupari / (Barron)

Just spread out the wing offensive talent to create balance...
I liked names at 2C last year, more than Monahan. But I still think you'd prefer an upgrade at that position. Or ideally use namestnikov as a winger with Lowry and have him step into C spots if needed for injuries.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
At the point the Jets are at, value shopping is the wrong approach. We are at the big swing level now. We need at least a top 4 RHD and maybe a proper 2C depending on what the team plans for the kids. We don’t need those Chevy special cheap bargain bin bandaids… we need actual players now. No more wasting assets at the TDL on Sean Monahans and other similar type players who don’t fit the actual need in hopes they’ll step up, because they’re cheaper. If we want to win, we need to pay for the higher tier players, both in trade value and in salary and stop wasting money, assets, and time on cheap fill ins.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I liked names at 2C last year, more than Monahan. But I still think you'd prefer an upgrade at that position. Or ideally use namestnikov as a winger with Lowry and have him step into C spots if needed for injuries.

Names also had his best year in ages and his point total was buoyed by a lot of second assists. My guess is he's less likely to post those numbers again next year.

This org needs a real long term solution at 2C. Give one of the kids a legit ahlt at it and an extended look. Enough with the bandaids and placeholders.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Names also had his best year in ages and his point total was buoyed by a lot of second assists. My guess is he's less likely to post those numbers again next year.

This org needs a real long term solution at 2C. Give one of the kids a legit ahlt at it and an extended look. Enough with the bandaids and placeholders.

Agreed, but in-between time Names is a great responsible mentor to our kids at center and how to play a proper two way game

Reactions: ecolad

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
so basically no change at Fwd from the start of 2023
D got worse imo.
as long as the team has Helle they're in the mix of a PO spot. but still hoping for improvements among the skaters.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Lambert has adjusted to the pro game real fast, all things considered. Maybe he surprises us and can handle some minutes as a C in the NHL. Him and Chib looked good in the game they played.

Cycle the guys we have and find a fit. Namestikov, Perfetti, Lambert.

Also, I think Salomonsson will be ready for a regular spot sooner than later.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
At the point the Jets are at, value shopping is the wrong approach. We are at the big swing level now. We need at least a top 4 RHD and maybe a proper 2C depending on what the team plans for the kids. We don’t need those Chevy special cheap bargain bin bandaids… we need actual players now. No more wasting assets at the TDL on Sean Monahans and other similar type players who don’t fit the actual need in hopes they’ll step up, because they’re cheaper. If we want to win, we need to pay for the higher tier players, both in trade value and in salary and stop wasting money, assets, and time on cheap fill ins.
What's your plan to aquire a 2C and top 4 RHD?

Assume the guys you're targeting are getting similar offers from more desirable markets

Who would you have offered contracts to today, and what would the terms of those contracts have been? Would we have been able to fit that under the cap? If not, what would you have done to become cap-compliant?

I don't have a problem with anyone shitting on chevy, as long as they have a coherent plan about what should have been done differently

Complaining just to complain is pretty low-level

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
"I'm not going to bed until we sign someone".

"I ain't tired"

me... some time later:
NOSFERATU_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad