Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
8vlxqp.jpg

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I was thinking about this and I am good with Chevy's minimal activity. Once again FA frenzy is just ridiculous for term and coin spent. Also, I think it is a message internally to aspiring players that there are spots to compete for.

I genuinely wonder if the McG situation being so public that the team has had to strategize internal messaging. From an organizational culture point of view it makes a ton of sense to send the right message that there is room for growth on the Jets. I honestly think if Chevy went and paid Monahan the term and money he got, or Lindholm in BOS, there would be all kinds of damage control needed down the road for any Center in the system or even drafted down the road. The McG situation, even if it is about him not wanting to play here, becomes perceived as the Jets not making time and space for young talent, and the organization cannot afford to do that.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Honest question with Dillon...

He'll be almost 36.5 when this deal he signed expires. Does he have that much of a step to lose?

At that point in most players careers, their drop off isn't linear. They go from good to serviceable to an anchor quickly

I loved what he provided on the Jets, but I question his ability to continue to provide it in the future. I would have loved to have him back for a season, but anything beyond that gets dicey. Especially with Samberg and Heinola on the left side

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Hey now. I'm just replying to you saying that this is depressing because it's a downgrade from Monahan :dunno:
I'd go back to Names instead of henrique and spend money on D... monahan had his place for faceoffs and powerplay - henrique doesn't... rather see Barron, names, gus, lambert, nino, vilardi used... and if they're not working buy at the deadline

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
I am fine with Henrique but not for more than 3.5m x 2. Preferably one year.

I don't think there is honestly much of a difference in Henrique and Monahan besides age - hence the wish for only one or max two years.

Monahan for 5.5x5 or Henrique for 3.5x2? Definitely the later
I agree, I don't see any downside getting Henrique on a short term cheap contract

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I honestly prefer that over the alternative. Going to be alot of people with stomach issues after this buffet ;).
I'm laughing. All of these names being thrown massive contracts in the first 6 hours of Free Agency, and Cheveldayoff is picking at the tomatoes on the salad bar. Dude is always value shopping.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Honest question with Dillon...

He'll be almost 36.5 when this deal he signed expires. Does he have that much of a step to lose?

At that point in most players careers, their drop off isn't linear. They go from good to serviceable to an anchor quickly

I loved what he provided on the Jets, but I question his ability to continue to provide it in the future. I would have loved to have him back for a season, but anything beyond that gets dicey. Especially with Samberg and Heinola on the left side
Heinola might play right side to accommodate stans career...

Most of these contracts are built to be bought out... so Dillon is essentially making 5.5 at a 4m cap hit - fine by me

Dillon style will take him to 35 easy - at worst he's a stand in if samberg goes down

Some good cheap D still out there... but id rather be going into this season with dillon-heinola than stan-heinola

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm laughing. All of these names being thrown massive contracts in the first 6 hours of Free Agency, and Cheveldayoff is picking at the tomatoes on the salad bar. Dude is always value shopping.
If nothing else, we can take today as a signal that maybe Chevy is stepping back from the "win now" mode. It's possible he could have enticed Monahan to stay with an over the top offer, but didn't

Of all the contracts handed out today, there aren't many that will look good in 3 or 4 years. So we didn't get better going into next season, but we did avoid being worse down the road by trying to do so

At this point I'm looking forward to a team that hopefully integrates some youth next season and is at least competitive most nights. I think we'll be back to a "I hope we make the playoffs" mentality for a couple of years before maybe moving forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad