Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
He just looked cooked in the playoffs. We dont need a tandem but giving him more rests is probably never a bad thing. I'm sure Helle wants to play all 82 games but its not about what Helle wants its about what the team needs.
I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like that isn't written into contracts now... like Scheif getting a say on his wingers and Helle getting a min 60 games, etc... players want to hit their bonuses

Reactions: hn777 and Buffdog

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I btw think Chevy offered something very similar to NJD for Dillon but Dillon prefered to leave. He always gave me the feeling that he was fine with Winnipeg but not necessarily too hot on re-signing here for longer unless Chevy gives him a crazy contract.
Dillon's camp made statements wondering why Chevy didn't even give them an offer by the end of the season. Dillon was willing to re-sign but Chevy wouldn't even have that conversation. The chance was there. Maybe Dillon wanted too much term, but at least talk to the guy.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
There are more than a few contracts being doled out today that will be buyout candidates.
I suspect that most of these are heavily front-loaded and that the buyouts are already scheduled for their cap hit.... I'd say the last 3 years of Tanev is buyout - they've prob got him at $1 million a season by then

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Chevy should have traded for him anyway, he's just being lazy

Anything that he doesn't get done gets chalked up as laziness. Should have signed Stamkos for 3x3M

I bet the guy has hardly slept in the past month lol. You have no idea
He tried to trade for him years ago and we were on his No Trade List…back when Chevy was still trying

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Brendon Dillion with the Jets ... $3.9M
Brendon Dillion with NJ ... $4.0M

A $100,000 raise.
Makes no sense.... hard times for lefties I guess.

Feels like we let him walk while chasing Monahan - Samberg still could have been our second pairing

Edit - I see its 4x4... that is a raise with a planned buyout in the last year - basically 5.5x3

Reactions: Eyeseeing

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like that isn't written into contracts now... like Scheif getting a say on his wingers and Helle getting a min 60 games, etc... players want to hit their bonuses
Do you seriously believe you are allowed to put shit like that into a contract?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Brendon Dillion with the Jets ... $3.9M
Brendon Dillion with NJ ... $4.0M

A $100,000 raise.
Also gets to spend the twilight of his career in the NYC area vs the frozen tundra.

Like I've said before, the logjam at LHD has been ongoing since chevy traded for him. Re-signing him wasn't gonna help

Samberg should slot into his spot, and maybe Chevy brings in someone to play on the bottom pair. Or maybe that's Heinola, and Chevy is eying a depth guy to play with him on the right side

Reactions: roccerfeller

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I btw think Chevy offered something very similar to NJD for Dillon but Dillon prefered to leave. He always gave me the feeling that he was fine with Winnipeg but not necessarily too hot on re-signing here for longer unless Chevy gives him a crazy contract.
I don’t believe this is true. Dillon expressed his disappointment that there was no offer from the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad