Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
This was my opening post for the "Winnipeg Jets going into 24/25 season" thread. I am 5 out of 6 now. Monahan signing somewhere else for more than 2.5 per would make me 6 out of 6.

(Not saying it is a big deal to have predicted those)

How are your "predictions" going?
I present to you... the Captain Obvious Crown. Drumroll please.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Dirtbag151 and GJF

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Man, HFJets is always the same

Chevy makes deals to bring in vets at the deadline, and people complain that they took Perfetti's spot and the org doesn't integrate their youth properly

Chevy avoinds making bad deals for vets (including Dillon and Monahan) and people complain that he's not doing anything

I'm wondering what people were hoping Chevy would do today? Chychrun? I'd say that it's possible that he inquired and there wasn't any interest in extending here, which means he's essentially a rental - what do you do with him at the deadline if we're competing for a playoff spot?

We have no idea what Chevy offered, and to whom. My bet is that he offered fair deals to multiple players, and they either took more money elsewhere or preferred another destination

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Chevy makes deals to bring in vets at the deadline, and people complain that they took Perfetti's spot and the org doesn't integrate their youth properly

Chevy avoinds making bad deals for vets (including Dillon and Monahan) and people complain that he's not doing anything

I'm wondering what people were hoping Chevy would do today? Chychrun? I'd say that it's possible that he inquired and there wasn't any interest in extending here, which means he's essentially a rental - what do you do with him at the deadline if we're competing for a playoff spot?

We have no idea what Chevy offered, and to whom. My bet is that he offered fair deals to multiple players, and they either took more money elsewhere or preferred another destination

I'm not that dissapointed. I wanted nothing to do with a Monohan extension. Now pretty curious what the plan is for 2C. Trade, Perfetti, Lambert?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Woke up with a headache, stuffy nose, pain in my leg, a sore neck, a bit nauseous, it’s miserable outside AND we might sign Monahan for 5x5? Yuck. Rough Canada Day so far.
That's too many things. You should go see a doctor and because it's raining it won't seem so bad waiting.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

That being said, I would have taken that Jensen/3rd deal - we basically could have traded Schmidt retained and a 2nd for Chychryn to beat that - and yeah Im fine with $4m for two years until Salo and Heinola are fully ready for top 4

Reactions: hn777

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Hope Helle is prepared to go for some Brodeur records for most wins or games played.

The Jets could have saved $825,000 and just sign NO backup goalie, and just play the EBUG when Helly needs a night off.

By actually signing Comrie all the Jets have done is sign the EBUG to a league minimum, because that's all Comrie is.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How things stand right now, probably 8mil in capspace once Perfetti signs:

Perfetti - Scheifele - Vilardi
Connor - Lambert - Ehlers
Nino - Lowry - Appleton
Iafallo - Names - Kupari

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Stanley - Heinola

Helle
Comrie

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That being said, I would have taken that Jensen/3rd deal - we basically could have traded Schmidt retained and a 2nd for Chychryn to beat that - and yeah Im fine with $4m for two years until Salo and Heinola are fully ready for top 4

Yeah I'm sure we could have beat that Chychrun deal easily.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not that dissapointed. I wanted nothing to do with a Monohan extension. Now pretty curious what the plan is for 2C. Trade, Perfetti, Lambert?

You bet.

The timeline with Monahan just didn't jive for where the Jets are at now. Too much money to commit for a guy who has a ton of health issues. I don't mind Mony, but that was the right move from Chevy to sit that out.

A stop gap option of one (two years tops) until one of the young guys can ultimately seize the 2C roll is way more ideal. If it's sooner, so be it.

No need to be paying a guy who will slide into a depth role, when there are internetal replacements, for three-four more seasons than necessary.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
According to Puckpedia (I switched to there after the NTC convo we had yesterday), he has one year left

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
chandler stephenson we are interested but told he has other options adam henrique is an option according to dreger

Reactions: MardyBum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad