Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Man, HFJets is always the same

Chevy makes deals to bring in vets at the deadline, and people complain that they took Perfetti's spot and the org doesn't integrate their youth properly

Chevy avoinds making bad deals for vets (including Dillon and Monahan) and people complain that he's not doing anything

I'm wondering what people were hoping Chevy would do today? Chychrun? I'd say that it's possible that he inquired and there wasn't any interest in extending here, which means he's essentially a rental - what do you do with him at the deadline if we're competing for a playoff spot?

We have no idea what Chevy offered, and to whom. My bet is that he offered fair deals to multiple players, and they either took more money elsewhere or preferred another destination
Lmao..avoids making bad deals….he offered Monahan 5x5…. Only thing that saved us was Monahan getting 5.5 by CBJ…he wasted a 1st for him to begin with
Stop apologizing for Chevy. He’s lost sight of the teams needs and, to me at least, appears lazy.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
How things stand right now, probably 8mil in capspace once Perfetti signs:

Perfetti - Scheifele - Vilardi
Connor - Lambert - Ehlers
Nino - Lowry - Appleton
Iafallo - Names - Kupari

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Stanley - Heinola

Helle
Comrie
Not horrible. Ride it out and draft high.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
If the goal was to get someone that could take the workload off of Helle. And its wuite obvious we needed to do that. We failed.

Its never going to happen. You got a guy that wants to play as much as possible so why worry about it. Helly played 60 games last year and Bob played 58. Top goalies play a lot. I am not sure it matters too much if they play 55 to 65 games a year

Reactions: robertocarlos

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
How things stand right now, probably 8mil in capspace once Perfetti signs:

Perfetti - Scheifele - Vilardi
Connor - Lambert - Ehlers
Nino - Lowry - Appleton
Iafallo - Names - Kupari

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Stanley - Heinola

Helle
Comrie
I wonder if Perfetti gets a sniff at 2C again. Break Lambert in on the wing

And probably Barron over Kupari, but that's what we're looking at IMHO

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
If we didn't offer Dillon 3 years at $4m that is insulting... that's a really fair deal

Now we get Stan at prob $1.2-1.5 instead?

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Its never going to happen. You got a guy that wants to play as much as possible so why worry about it. Helly played 60 games last year and Bob played 58. Top goalies play a lot. I am not sure it matters too much if they play 55 to 65 games a year

My biggest worry is Helle getting drained and not having anything left in the tank once we're in the playoffs. Happened this past season as well as a couple of other seasons too.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

He just looked cooked in the playoffs. We dont need a tandem but giving him more rests is probably never a bad thing. I'm sure Helle wants to play all 82 games but its not about what Helle wants its about what the team needs.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I think people are frustrated because Jets never land that top tier talent. That's what the organization is missing, a game changer. I get it.

We would have been worse off holding onto Monahan and Toffoli, even though they cost us some picks. It'll be interesting to see what Chevy does with $8M of cap space.

Reactions: Buffdog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad