Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He needs a healthy stretch to get on track. I watched him a bit last year and the tools are all still there to be a two-way puck moving dmen.

Those injuries have already affected his game. He was looking gased before he was even traded. I bet when Philly was ready to make that deal the ducks couldn't get Drysdale out the door, to the airport and on the plane fast enough. Go go go before they change their minds.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Now that Ryan Suter is being bought out, maybe we should sign him so Minny fans and Russo can admit what a dirty player he really is.

Then we help him out with a buyout next off season so he gets that hatty.

Win-win.

• Haha
Reactions: Luc Labelle

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So when the Jets trade for injury-prone Vilardi its a coup... but if Philly gets a top prospect who's just getting healthy again, they got swindled... okey dokey

You are no longer a top prospect when you have 123 NHL games under your belt.

Axel Sandin-Pellikka?

You just know Beyak would have been saying that full name every time he touches the puck.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
32 points 2 years ago.

2 years since his 32 pts.
It is still 2 years of nothing no matter how you slice it.

It COULD still turn out well for Philly. Drysdale could bounce back and Gauthier could disappoint. But Philly accepted the much greater risk in that deal. Probability is that they lose that trade.

Doesn't need to mean that Drysdale busts. Just that he is worth less than Cutter.

Reactions: Daximus

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

It COULD still turn out well for Philly. Drysdale could bounce back and Gauthier could disappoint. But Philly accepted the much greater risk in that deal. Probability is that they lose that trade.

Doesn't need to mean that Drysdale busts. Just that he is worth less than Cutter.
Same as Vilardi was worth less than PLD...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
So when the Jets trade for injury-prone Vilardi its a coup... but if Philly gets a top prospect who's just getting healthy again, they got swindled... okey dokey
You're comparing two different positions.
Also, Volare has 114 points in his first 199 games. Not too shabby...

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Mort gets it.

Philly did not make out well in that deal at all IMO. I'd much rather we get a high end prospect swap and hope we can get the better end of the dice then trade McG for someone like Drysdale. I'm already mentally preparing myself for this trade to go more like Cutter's than how most of us here actually want it to go.

Same as Vilardi was worth less than PLD...

Well PLD is worth a lot if he actually gave a shit.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Look at what we traded for Vilardi. When Vilardi is healthy, he at least lives up to expectations.

I never said Philly got swindled. They did pretty well under the circumstances.

That is Chevy's mantra. I expect him to do pretty well under the circumstances too. That is the problem. It is always under the circumstances.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You're comparing two different positions.
Also, Volare has 114 points in his first 199 games. Not too shabby...

Yeah trying to compare Vilardi to Drysdale is a losing argument from the hop.

Look at what we traded for Vilardi. When Vilardi is healthy, he at least lives up to expectations.

That is Chevy's mantra. I expect him to do pretty well under the circumstances too. That is the problem. It is always under the circumstances.

yeah and these circumstances are beginning to look less and less favourable.

I'd love to be proven wrong and Chevy ends up with something we can all get behind. But history tells us these NCAA leverage deals tend to go differently.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
so Demelo and Pionk are likely the top 2 RHD next year.

still think there's opportunity with CGY for a team, unlikely us since the above, to get a deal done with either Weegar or Andersson, as they commence a rebuild.

Andersson is the easier contract to move (M-NTC, 2x4.5m)
vs
Weegar (NTC, 7x6.25m left) but one of the best RHD in the league.

if Weegar waived id do something around 2025 1st/McGroarty+Pionk+Heinola (younger Chychrun went for a mid 1st, 2 x 2nds, & i think Weegar is in a higher tier) for Weegar. Pionk can be moved at the TDL for them for an additional pick.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

@Daximus said they got swindled... you kind of jumped in and are now arguing haha

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

still think there's opportunity with CGY for a team, unlikely us since the above, to get a deal done with either Weegar or Andersson, as they commence a rebuild.

vs

if Weegar waived id do something around 2025 1st/McGroarty+Pionk+Heinola (Chychrun went for a mid 1st, 2 x 2nds, & i think Weegar is in a higher tier) for Weegar. Pionk can be moved at the TDL for them for an additional pick.

That would be a savy move. Though I imagine if and when Weegar hits the trade market the vultures will be circling. That cap hit, coupled with the term. I think it will attract a lot of suitors.

• Haha
Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

vs

if Weegar waived id do something around 2025 1st/McGroarty+Pionk+Heinola (younger Chychrun went for a mid 1st, 2 x 2nds, & i think Weegar is in a higher tier) for Weegar. Pionk can be moved at the TDL for them for an additional pick.
Why would Calgary trade their one position of strength on their team?

There are exactly ZERO teams looking to add Pionk at the deadline.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Well to be fair I never said the word swindled. I did imply it though I suppose.

They got shit value.
And then you somehow think Pionk/Heinola combo to replace one of Weegar or Andersson trade makes some kind of sense... so clearly you're drunk ;)

Happy Canada Day weekend

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think most people assume Calgary is in a rebuild, as much as their management keeps denying it. Perhaps they activate tank mode next year and try and nab Luke's younger brother whose expected to go 1st overall.

And then you somehow think Pionk/Heinola combo to replace one of Weegar or Andersson trade makes some kind of sense... so clearly you're drunk ;)

Happy Canada Day weekend

I said it would be a savy move which it would be. We'd make out like bandits there. Then I followed that up with a little number about how pretty much every team will be circling like vultures, which implies, or at least I thought it did, that there would be a lot of really good offers for Weegar.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

CGY is purging their team. over the past 6ish months they've traded

top-6 C (Lindholm)
top-9 fwd (Mangiapane)
3 top-4 caliber dmen (Zadorov, Hanifin, Tanev)
starting goalie (Markstrom)

looks like they are trying to rebuild heavy, and the new GM bring in their own guys.

RHD is often scarce in the league, & they have 1 good one and 1 v good one which would be great trade pieces. the UFA market for RHD is barren (assuming Pesce in NJD, Tanev to TOR). It's Montour, Carrier, Walker and ???

Weegar is a bit of a long shot given full NTC for sure. But I think Andersson with 2 years remaining on a low-cap hit and lesser restrictions would be attractive to some teams. would he extend there if they are in the midst of a rebuild? :dunno:. id be interested in Weegar more than Andersson though

GMs see Pionk playing 20+ mins and 35ish pts he'll get something at the TDL. Bad players get moved every TDL for something.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Those injuries have already affected his game. He was looking gased before he was even traded. I bet when Philly was ready to make that deal the ducks couldn't get Drysdale out the door, to the airport and on the plane fast enough. Go go go before they change their minds.

To be fair, he essentially missed the entire season before. It definitely is a risk on Philly's part but as I said I saw things in his game I liked in Philly. Whether he can build on it and get back to where he was a few years ago remains to be seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad