Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Last week no one wanted to trade mcgro for geekie hahaha

Who cares about monahan if you have the chance to add serg

We had mcgro, a very good 2nd this year, heinola - even Barron if you have to

Serg makes us an elite dcore
Yeah always easy to say once the deal is done but I do tend to agree. At a certain point we are going to need a minimum two, probably 3 top pair D in here if we want to be successful in the post season.

GM trades always help when you have relationships and Chevy and Tampa don't have much history. Not the end of the world but proven top pair guys like this under contract without NMC kicked in, signed until the 2030's don't come around often

Makes you wonder and day what if, that's all

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah always easy to say once the deal is done but I do tend to agree. At a certain point we are going to need a minimum two, probably 3 top pair D in here if we want to be successful in the post season.

GM trades always help when you have relationships and Chevy and Tampa don't have much history. Not the end of the world but proven top pair guys like this under contract without NMC kicked in, signed until the 2030's don't come around often

I mean you add Ehlers retained - and run with Lambert/Perfetti in your top six to save that $$ for a season... Chevy had a lot to offer

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I mean you add Ehlers retained - and run with Lambert/Perfetti in your top six to save that $$ for a season... Chevy had a lot to offer
Ehlers doesn't help Tampa shed salary which is obviously the move.

The Jets trading away cheap nearly nhl ready talent for an expensive Sergachev creates complications now and in the future.

Not saying I wouldn't want Sergachev but it just didn't make sense.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

The Jets trading away cheap nearly nhl ready talent for an expensive Sergachev creates complications now and in the future.

Sergachev is not expensive for what he brings - I'd have traded perfetti for him to be honest

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I am also curious as to why Tampa moved him. It's not like they are that deep at defense and Hedman is aging out.

Reactions: Jet

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

I opined Utah would not trade a C for a winger,

I am kind of hoping Tampa doe s that deL though,

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

What doesn't make sense is paying Schmidt near 6mil, IA 4mil and not fixing any of the team's needs.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sergachev is not expensive for what he brings - I'd have traded perfetti for him to be honest

We can't assume they would want Perfetti. I don't think they were looking for wingers. It looked like they were after a young cost controlled LHD to replace Serg and get a big high end C prospect at the very least.

They might have had interest in McG if he would sign there but if the rumours of jumping in quick are true Tampa is deep up front as well. But when you compare Moser to what we could offer I think they prefer Moser.

Just because we have some assets to move that doesn't mean they were interested in them.

What doesn't make sense is paying Schmidt near 6mil, IA 4mil and not fixing any of the team's needs.

I really hope we hear some buyout news on that front soon.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agreed, but they seem intent on trying to sign Sean. No idea about Nate, but the buyout window is closing soon.

Things are starting to look grim on that front. Chevy seems content on running it back despite us getting caved. Hard to make fun of Toronto when we seem to have the same humiliation fetish.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Things are starting to look grim on that front. Chevy seems content on running it back despite us getting caved. Hard to make fun of Toronto when we seem to have the same humiliation fetish.

I agree, it seems like they are intent on running as much back as they can. I guess they believe the playoffs isn't indicative and the 4th place finish is. I'm not so optimistic.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I agree, it seems like they are intent on running as much back as they can. I guess they believe the playoffs isn't indicative and the 4th place finish is. I'm not so optimistic.

Yeah making no changes after that showing is a really good way to drive fan engagement. They are terrified that if they move or lose anyone fans will get upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad