Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Urge to Frenzy…fading.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Hate to say it, but I could definitely see Edmonton going all the way next year. Not sure who I see in the West taking them out. Maybe Dallas in a rematch?

Reactions: wetcoast and dez

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Oilers barely made it passed a banged up Canucks team who were playing their 3rd string goalie and without their leading goal scorer Boeser in game 7. Pettersson was playing with Mikheyev & Hoglander/Lafferty as wingers lol. Canucks probably still would’ve won if not for the missed double minor on Hughes & the Soucy suspension. Healthy Canucks team with the solid forward additions today would sweep the Oilers.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hate to say it, but I could definitely see Edmonton going all the way next year. Not sure who I see in the West taking them out. Maybe Dallas in a rematch?

I still wonder about their defense’s ability to consistently play championship level hockey, but it’s certainly possible.

As for who could take them in a rematch - I think any of us, Nashville, Colorado, Vegas or Dallas could do it in the right circumstance.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
So Carolina looks like an interesting situation right now. Roughly $18.5MM in key RFA contracts to sign (AFP estimates) and a lot less cap space available than that (~$12.5MM). Hard to imagine Necas returning.

Reactions: Lindgren

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
The Oilers were butter soft and got softer.

Anyways...

Hoglander - Pettersson - DeBrusk
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Sherwood - Suter - Podkolzin
(Di Giuseppe, Aman)

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Forbort - Desharnais
(Juulsen, Friedman)

Demko
Silovs

??

Deep and hard to play against. Maybe shuffle VD, Juulsen, Friedman in and out and add a D if need be during the season. I have full faith in Myers with this coaching staff. He was amazing in the playoffs.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Oilers barely made it passed a banged up Canucks team who were playing their 3rd string goalie and without their leading goal scorer Boeser in game 7. Pettersson was playing with Mikheyev & Hoglander/Lafferty as wingers lol. Canucks probably still would’ve won if not for the missed double minor on Hughes & the Soucy suspension. Healthy Canucks team with the solid forward additions today would sweep the Oilers.

I wish our fans wouldn’t ridiculously exaggerate like you did in your post. It is what makes other fans not respect us. No, we would not have swept them.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
The Oilers were butter soft and got softer.

Anyways...

Hoglander - Pettersson - DeBrusk
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Sherwood - Suter - Podkolzin
(Di Giuseppe, Aman)

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Forbort - Desharnais
(Juulsen, Friedman)

Demko
Silovs

??

Deep and hard to play against. Maybe shuffle VD, Juulsen, Friedman in and out and add a D if need be during the season. I have full faith in Myers with this coaching staff. He was amazing in the playoffs.

That defense isn’t good enough.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
f*** that team and those obnoxious fans. There isn't a worse fanbase on these boards. Now they go bring in Bowman? That's the cherry on top. If the hockey gods exist they will curse that team next year.

I always wouldn't crown them or anything. They are tiny on the wings and can be physically pushed around. Defense was insanely healthy this year but I don't expect they can expect the same luck two years in a row. Skinner is still Skinner and nobody should trust him. They are also a team that has Tuned out coaches rather quickly.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
People actually worried about edmonton when they signed a shrimp who we don't even know if he can survive in the playoffs and a swede who can't stay healthy

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Feb 19, 2018
Our defence is absolutely barf. The VD signing made no sense to me you’re better off packaging the LTIR money along with it and get an upgrade, or at least wait until one is available via trade.

Reactions: Fraser28

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Team took a step backwards while the direct divisional competition got better, next year is going to be ugly

Reactions: Fraser28

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Their top 9 looks good but I think their defence overperformed this year and you never know with that goaltending.

They're a wildcard for me; wouldn't be surprised if they won the Cup but also wouldn't be surprised if they flamed out in the 1st round lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad