Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
SJ traded up in the draft already. did this really happen?

1719523185357.png

I find it interesting if true, because 2 of the 3 teams McIntyre says to watch are SJ and Buffalo. Why would SJ move up in the draft (or Buffalo down) before seeing what is there?? Unless the pick is on the move in another trade?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
@Cowumbus sorry to tag you but you've been active with us here - how did you like Laine at center?
Hated the idea of it, and didn’t think it worked well at all. He’s not a C, doesn’t move his feet enough and recently he started thinking he’s a Brad Lambert / Matt Barzal type player transitioning through the neutral zone. Too many turnovers. He’s not the guy you want doing that.

Fans with rose colored glasses thought he was a viable option after 2-3 games… I don’t think anyone can back him being a C now a days.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Seems like the Laine thing is picking up steam. I wouldn't hate having him back and it would be an excuse to gwt my Laine heritage jersey back into circulation lol.
no no no no no no nio no no no

never ever ever do i want this player back.

Entitled? yes
Addict? yes
Lazy? yes
argues with coaches, goes invisible for long periods, slow, won't back check, often injured, bad attitude....NOOOOOOOO

jesus please please please NO.

Reactions: Zippity and tarozi

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

Entitled? yes
Addict? yes
Lazy? yes
argues with coaches, goes invisible for long periods, slow, won't back check, often injured, bad attitude....NOOOOOOOO

you know the player assistance program is for more then just addiction right?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Entitled? yes
Addict? yes
Lazy? yes

Well actually he has struggled with depression and has spent the last 4 months getting treatment, so maybe he has learned some tools he can use to cope.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Speculated trade: San Jose Sharks, Winnipeg Jets Trade Rumor: McGroarty for Ferraro?

SJ / Wpg

The speculated trade framework would see the Sharks sending defenseman Mario Ferraro and their 2025 first-round pick (originally belonging to the Vegas Golden Knights) to Winnipeg. In return, the Jets would receive veteran defenseman Nate Schmidt and, of course, Rutger McGroarty.

Yuck!
A small LHD, a mid to late pick, and Schmidt's cap hit.

That is the kind of return I was afraid of.

Edit: Fortunately, that site has no cred.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

View attachment 888221

I find it interesting if true, because 2 of the 3 teams McIntyre says to watch are SJ and Buffalo. Why would SJ move up in the draft (or Buffalo down) before seeing what is there?? Unless the pick is on the move in another trade?
They apparently want to move ahead of Philly for Eiserman

Reactions: Cypruss

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
They apparently want to move ahead of Philly for Eiserman
What if he's gone? Why not do it tomorrow night? Especially with NJ advertising the #10 pick.

I could just chalk it up to more poor mgt from SJ, but really doesn't make any sense for Buffalo either to do it early. What if there's a faller in the draft?

Last edited:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Hated the idea of it, and didn’t think it worked well at all. He’s not a C, doesn’t move his feet enough and recently he started thinking he’s a Brad Lambert / Matt Barzal type player transitioning through the neutral zone. Too many turnovers. He’s not the guy you want doing that.

Fans with rose colored glasses thought he was a viable option after 2-3 games… I don’t think anyone can back him being a C now a days.
To add some context, the 2-3 games were the last few games of the 22-23 season which actually looked decent with no prep. Led to a summer of speculation whether he can play the role. As 23-24 season started it became clear that it's not a thing

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
From what I understand he was doing okay at it for a while.

@Cowumbus sorry to tag you but you've been active with us here - how did you like Laine at center?
Not Cowumbus, but I'll give my few cents.

He was okayish at center, meaning not a disaster. Just get him players who can zone entry so he doesn't try and dangle himself a zone entry. Has taken huge steps forward in two-way play, especially after playing center. Better in faceoffs than Jack Hughes but that ain't much to write home about.

Had most success in CBJ playing wing with Nyquist whose game has similarities with Ehlers and Jenner who is a grindy center that plays deep in the offensive zone.

Powerplay during his Columbus tenure has been mostly meh, aside from when Boqvist has been on same pp as qb.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

View attachment 888221

They might be loading up on picks to help move Skinner?
They have a ton of good prospects.
Smart move by Buffalo if you ask me.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I really don't give two shits about that. If the players are butthurt too bad. Chevy didn't sign that deal.
He may not have signed it but he would be trading for it...

You would be okay with Scheif or Helle or KFC etc... getting pissed off because Helle is making more than any of them?
It's hard to see anyone (maybe KFC) getting more than what Scheif and Helle are making for the near future.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

That may be true but it really comes down to the leadership core on the team and their thoughts on the matter. Was it all Wheeler or was there more involved?

chevy getting calls on mcgroarty, either a draft pick prospect young player
getting calls on ehlers
no rush on either player
still working with monahan camp

I really don't want Monahan back. He's not the kind of player we need.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not easy losing a parent
Especially when you are relatively young

My biggest gripes with him are that he hasn't really gotten better at any of the things he needed to get better at. He's a sniper still but everything else is still so supbar and his time in CBJ hasn't helped that at all.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad