Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Wrap up a deal for Chabot including Rutger and Ehlers.
Buyout Schmidt.

Nino Scheif Volare
KC Perfetti Lambo
Iafallo Lowry Apples
Gus Names Barron

JMo DD
Chabot Pionk
Sammy Heinola

Helle DeSmith

A good balance of O and D paired up on the back end.
This is a better D corps than last year.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'd like the Jets to move Rutger for a top 10-15 pick in this year's draft.

Lots of guys that play a playoff style game in the top 15, just like Rutger.

Edit: would also give me a reason to follow the 1st rd closely this year.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Like the other guys but not sold on Geekie.

6'4 C with silky smooth mits and high end vision.

Whats not to love there?

I doubt Utah trades him to us but I would love another big C in the system. I think him and Connor would work really well together.

I'd like the Jets to move Rutger for a top 10-15 pick in this year's draft.

Lots of guys that play a playoff style game in the top 15, just like Rutger.

Edit: would also give me a reason to follow the 1st rd closely this year.

I'd hope we could do better and get into the top 10.

We know 4, 10 and 11 are being shopped around.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
@Daximus What are your thoughts on Schneider as a piece out of the Rangers?

Admittedly, I haven't followed him as closely in recent seasons, but.

Feel like he's been linked to us forever in different trade capacity. Would fill a need at RD. Just wonder what the Rangers' depth will look like with or without Trouba.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Feel like he's been linked to us forever in different trade capacity. Would fill a need at RD. Just wonder what the Rangers' depth will look like with or without Trouba.

He's the Trouba replacement, you're not getting him for Ehlers let alone McGroarty.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
6'4 C with silky smooth mits and high end vision.

Whats not to love there?

I doubt Utah trades him to us but I would love another big C in the system. I think him and Connor would work really well together.

I'd hope we could do better and get into the top 10.

We know 4, 10 and 11 are being shopped around.

Interesting, I've always found Geekie to have too much tunnel vision myself. From what I saw he doesn't utilize his teammates as well as he can.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to make a significant trade soon to address their salary cap challenges and re-sign captain Steven Stamkos.

Moving a sizable contract, such as Erik Cernak’s $5.2 million cap hit, appears imminent according to Eduardo Encina of the Tampa Bay Times.

General Manager Julien BriseBois is prioritizing re-signing Stamkos but acknowledges that significant roster adjustments will be necessary.

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to make a significant trade soon to address their salary cap challenges and re-sign captain Steven Stamkos.

Moving a sizable contract, such as Erik Cernak’s $5.2 million cap hit, appears imminent according to Eduardo Encina of the Tampa Bay Times.

General Manager Julien BriseBois is prioritizing re-signing Stamkos but acknowledges that significant roster adjustments will be necessary.
if only we didn't have pionk :(

• Haha
Reactions: cbcwpg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Rags seem pretty high on him. Big minute muncher type you can play in all situations. Big, fairly physical. I doubt the Rags have much interest in moving him.

Interesting, I've always found Geekie to have too much tunnel vision myself. From what I saw he doesn't utilize his teammates as well as he can.

Maybe high end vision isn't the right word. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head but he's got the chops to make solid plays in front of the net. He won't be making crazy behind the back cross slot passes or anything but he works hard down low.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Rags seem pretty high on him. Big minute muncher type you can play in all situations. Big, fairly physical. I doubt the Rags have much interest in moving him.

Maybe high end vision isn't the right word. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head but he's got the chops to make solid plays in front of the net. He won't be making crazy behind the back cross slot passes or anything but he works hard down low.

I would agree with that. He's a lot like Vilardi around the front of the net. Real nice hands and reach. He also has a plus shot.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He's the Trouba replacement, you're not getting him for Ehlers let alone McGroarty.
Am I crazy or, despite the difference in on ice level currently... McGroarty has a pretty similar value to Ehlers does he not?

I agree on your point about Schneider staying put.

Big strong steady defenseman are just too valuable to trade in most cases.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Am I crazy or, despite the difference in on ice level currently... McGroarty has a pretty similar value to Ehlers does he not?

I agree on your point about Schneider staying put.

Big strong steady defenseman are just too valuable to trade in most cases.
I think you're right about Ehlers and Rutger's value given the contracts/team control

If Ehlers is traded with an extension agreed upon, he'd probably have more value (although I guess it depends on the teams acquiring them)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad