Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perspectives... lots of models seem to think that a lot of Hronek's success is based on his D pairing with Q Hughes...

A lot of his value has been on the PP, especially in 2022/23.

1718755452663.png
1718755508547.png
1718755554082.png

Reactions: hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Perspectives... lots of models seem to think that a lot of Hronek's success is based on his D pairing with Q Hughes...

A lot of his value has been on the PP, especially in 2022/23.

View attachment 884126View attachment 884128View attachment 884130

I guess it comes down to, is his success due to Hughes or is Hughes' success in part due to having a competent D partner? Probably a bit of both. If he's there to play with Hughes for 8 years it might just be a good match.

Reactions: Buffdog

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sounds like Zadorov outpriced himself and they went with Hronek instead?
UFA season is just about to start. Especially this year with the big cap jump better to over price with 1 team and see what the other 31 teams have to offer come July 1.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And it is starting to look like coach Paul Maurice is going to be in the infamous list of coaches again...this time one of the few to lose a Stanley Cup after being up 3 - 0.

Hope I am wrong. Oil fans are insufferable already PLUS I would like to see Maurice win.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Whileee

May 29, 2010
We went over this maybe 2 days ago. At the time Morrissey had two straight seasons of pretty bad numbers.
After a stellar junior career and several good pro seasons, then forced to carry a D that lost Buff, Trouba, Chiarot and Myers. Jets' D was Morrissey, Pionk, Poolman, Sbisa, Bitetto, Beaulieu. He was swamped. The negative perspectives about Morrissey were wild and without a longer view of his trajectory and contextualization. Of course, we later learned of personal challenges, but the idea that he just forgot how to play hockey always seemed weird to me.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
tired of going thru the trade route to prop up the team.......rather have this team try with some real genuine effort in inserting youth into the lineup to develop them after a few years in the minors...all we r doing is by trades is digging one hole to fill another....

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
After a stellar junior career and several good pro seasons, then forced to carry a D that lost Buff, Trouba, Chiarot and Myers. Jets' D was Morrissey, Pionk, Poolman, Sbisa, Bitetto, Beaulieu. He was swamped. The negative perspectives about Morrissey were wild and without a longer view of his trajectory and contextualization. Of course, we later learned of personal challenges, but the idea that he just forgot how to play hockey always seemed weird to me.

Again, it was an article that compared contract value and length to output. In fact, it was a view of his trajectory at that point in his career and how his output compared to other defencemen when they were Morrissey's age and how their careers went. It wasn't "I think these 10 players suck and here's why". Murat explained some context to him, Murat was right that he was way better in the following season, and now everyone thinks he's top tier.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Again, it was an article that compared contract value and length to output. In fact, it was a view of his trajectory at that point in his career and how his output compared to other defencemen when they were Morrissey's age and how their careers went. It wasn't "I think these 10 players suck and here's why". Murat explained some context to him, Murat was right that he was way better in the following season, and now everyone thinks he's top tier.
it's pure hindsight bias given how morrissey improved drastically from that stretch from 18-19 season to the CDN division season to now. many including myself on here wanted him demoted, acquire better Dman playing ahead of him, or even traded or exposed to seattle. if you ran the same value for morrissey now, he apparently ranks 7th, which IMO would be roughly where he would rank league-wide for dmen (top 5-10)

Reactions: tbcwpg

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
There’s rumors of a potential Jeff Skinner buyout in Buffalo. Jets/Thrashers have a history of interest in him going back to his draft year. Wonder if they’d still be interested if he becomes a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad