Tennis: All Purpose Tennis Thread XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not gonna lie I kind of like Kyrgios. He's so ridiculous that you just can't help but laugh at some of the things he does and says.

Reactions: kihei

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'm just watching my PVR recordings from today. After Felix beat Dimitrov there was a "Let's go Raptors" chant! My cousin wrote to me before and she said the same happened after Milos' match.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Felix did really well to maintain his focus in his match against Kyrgios. Gotta be distracting when the opponent acts like that across the net.

Especially as an 18 year old...

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Felix' serve has been a bit off but he steadied the ship. In trouble to start his first service game in the second but he hits 2 bombs to hold. His tennis IQ is higher than Steph's and he seems more confident on grass.

Yes! Felix up 2-0 with the set's first break.

Reactions: Tuggy

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
That's refreshing, so good for him....players certainly don't speak out so pointedly about another player every day

That was interesting. I'm sure it will draw ire from Kyrgios, but hard to find fault in anything that Felix said. The fact that he's so calm when discussing it, and seeing it so clearly is a sign of maturity well beyond his age.

Reactions: Tuggy

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
As Sascha blows yet another third set lead, this time against Goffin...Zverev to serve at 4-5.

Zverev saves two match points on the way to the breaker, but has little left in his tank once he gets there. Goffin steals a good win, and Sascha chokes once again. He used to restrict this behaviour to Slams but this year his nerves are infecting smaller tournaments as well.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tough service game but Felix saves some BP's and gets the hold. 4-1.

Felix is a game away. 5-2.

Goffin takes down Zverev.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
What a BH to bring up 2 MP's!

And another SF!!

Moves, for the moment, into the top 10 in the live race.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Counting his three matches in juniors, Felix is now 5-0 against Tsitsipas. Moving forward, I would say that's a good guy to have a hex over.

Reactions: MsMeow and Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
He's beaten him on two different surfaces, and not played him on clay, where Felix is strongest.

Their clay matchups should be interesting because that's probably Tsitsipas' best surface.

I really think grass suits Felix's game very well. His serve has come a long way and his attacking style works well.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Anyone know Felix's record against top 20 players? He was undefeated at that level before that SF match against Isner. Not sure if he's added other notches to his belt at that level.

It is amazing how low key his success has been. He's knocking on the door of the top 20, but has not had a high profile run that captures attention from broader sports fans in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad