Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Kevin Korchinski 1g 1 primary assist...+2...but he only took 1 shot on goal and both his points came after Seattle already had their GWG lead ...so it seems like he had a more pad the stats type low imoact to game night rather than some kind of impacting difference-maker domination type night.
1 shot on goal is not very noteworthy even though he scored on it and they gave hom 2nd star of the game.
He needs to direct the outcome more not just pad his statsby benefitting from a talented cast around him doing things to impact the game themselves.

That subjective criticism is unfair and is really just looking to find some negativity where none exists. The phrase "pad the stats" implies there is a difference in the way the player plays between when the game is on the line or when it's in the balance and in the case of Korchinski I dispute that assertion. I've watched about 10 Seattle games in the last couple months and Korchinski plays the same all the time regardless of the score or time in the game - he's consistent. He is a pass first guy and I've commented many times that I think that for him to reach the next level in his game he has to shoot and score more goals. But to suggest that he plays better when the pressure isn't on is just wrong.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
3817E211-196D-42DA-BCF2-57A92A52FD0D.jpeg
13790E47-3F87-4388-9017-FC2B12BD5F8E.jpeg

Hogs win 3-2 in overtime

(g) jordan Philp Gust

(a) Grimaldi two assists and Seney and Galvas
2EC3D2BF-0A16-4BDB-A5A5-3FDD7D50B5A3.jpeg

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan wins the Big Ten Championship by 4-3 score over Minnesota...Adam Fantilli only 1 secondary assist and did not stand out...not saying he stunk he stunk ..he did did not..but he was not of much impact in this game..Did make 1 key back-check defensively to stymied Minnesota attack into the Michigan zone...shows played hard ...but just not very dominant or wow n this gane..Minnesota seemed to have put 2 checkers in him at times and he could not generate his usual speed..still got 5 shots on goal but not dangerous shots ...he also missed one attempt into empty net in the final moments when Minnesota pulled their goalie.Not a great showing by Fantilli.

Nazar had sone close chances near the Minnesota net...but tried passes when he should have shot...and when he did shoot the shot looked week ...he has sone speed ...granted...but where is the finish?Where isctge impact/greatness/specialness you expect frona #13 overall pick?Wherevisctgevhocjey sense to make the correct shot /psss decision?WHERE IS THE STAR QUALITY" to influence the game?Thisvis not to say he stinks...because he does show effort ..but the production is M.I.A.

2 surprising things NAZAR did show me:

1.He stood in front of the crease and despite his small size,proved tough for thevMinn. Dmen to dislodge him from the net front...but do you want a net front screen using a guy o his short height?

2. Michigan had him out checking on the wing defending the 6x5 when Minn. pulled their goalie in the fibal moments...did not know his coach trusts him to be out there to defend leads in such a situation.Surprised me.
But he was drafted for offensive imoact...so far he has NOT impressed me in that expectation.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On the other hand the also small sized Gavin Brindley for Michigan was terrific and dangerous all night...3a ...tremendous speed..a great great skater..You noticed him all game generating with ease. HE LOOKED DOMINATING on his shifts in generating chances. SO IMPRESSED with him.

He is small but ELECTRIC ...dmen cannot handle such speed and he made nice passes off the RW.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In OHL action tonight:

Gavin Hayes 2g 1a tonight in Flint 4-3 win over London.

Ethan Del Mastro 1a +1 in Sarnia 4-3 victory tonight over Kingston.

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
After one of his unusual and worst games all season last night(March 17th) (with o points and -1) in a 4-2 USNTDP u18 loss to Muskegon, WILL SMITH rebounded tonight with 2g 3a +5 tonight (March 18th) to lead the USNTDP u18s todav in 10-0 revenge victory over Muskegon in thec2nd of the back to back against them.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bedard Watch:

Ho-hum ...3g 2a +4 8 shots on goal ...leading Regina to 7-3 victory over Moose Jaw.

He is beyond Generational...hevis fromanotger planet!

To bad he will not be landing with our Blackhawks (unless Gary fixes the lottery).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Korchinski avoided a pointless game with a secondary assist on the late EN goal giving Seattle 4-2 wi over Portland...He was Even for the game.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Kevin Korchinski 1g 1 primary assist...+2...but he only took 1 shot on goal and both his points came after Seattle already had their GWG lead ...so it seems like he had a more pad the stats type low imoact to game night rather than some kind of impacting difference-maker domination type night.
1 shot on goal is not very noteworthy even though he scored on it and they gave hom 2nd star of the game.
He needs to direct the outcome more not just pad his statsby benefitting from a talented cast around him doing things to impact the game themselves.

Also in the WHL ,Jaylen Luyoen 1g(GWG), E, 4shots on goal in a 3-1 Tri-City win over Spokane...Luypen named 1st starcif the game..
9/18 on draws...
Did you just write that a player who scores in the 2nd period to put his team up by 2 is stat padding?

Reactions: Pez68

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I would give Korchinski more praise in that Friday night game if he had taken a lot more than 1 shot on goal ...even though he scored on it,they won 5-3 and his goal and assist came After they already banked the winning goal.. so is it or is it not padding the stats ? I do not know...rather they wre points unnecessary to get the win.... ...Would rathercosee him get necessary points for wins AND take a lot more shots...overall does not seem seem like a dominating player in that game even with his 1g 1a game that night.

To be fair to Korchinski,I would like to know how many of his points this season came on scores after the GWG was scored by his team and how many points before his team scored a GWG,or was the GWG ,in order to determine his true important impact on games and on wins.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Scott Powrs has egg alk over his face...wrote an article in The Athletic tandvoisyedvon Twitter today that Blackhawks were exoected to be i the running for College "free agent" Hunter McKown...Triubkevus McKiwn was a draftee of Columbus who had played only 3 seasons Colorado College so could not be a free agent till he left school and the Comumbuscsignibgnperiodvfpr hiscroghtscexpired
..But onlyv3 hours Go as I post tbus he did leave school but signed anELC with CBJ
..so not gettibg to free agent status...already signed.

Hawks better have a Plan B.

As I said..Piwrrs put his foit in his mouth and goofed...badly.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
View attachment 672949
Blackhawks prospects playing

Frank Nazar Michigan
Drew Commesso and Ryan Greene BU
Aidan Thompson Denver
Dominic Basse St. Cloud St.
Jake Wise Ohio St.
Slava Demin Merrimack
Western Michigan is a tough draw for BU. They have a lot of fire power so Commesso needs to be really good for BU to win this game let alone the tournament.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Scott Powrs has egg alk over his face...wrote an article in The Athletic tandvoisyedvon Twitter today that Blackhawks were exoected to be i the running for College "free agent" Hunter McKown...Triubkevus McKiwn was a draftee of Columbus who had played only 3 seasons Colorado College so could not be a free agent till he left school and the Comumbuscsignibgnperiodvfpr hiscroghtscexpired
..But onlyv3 hours Go as I post tbus he did leave school but signed anELC with CBJ

What a bizarre inaccurate rant. He was not drafted by anyone or CBJ. He simply signed in Columbus.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Hunter McKown was not drafted by Columbus. No NHL team had his rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad