Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Just my opinion, but I think Reichel is going to take a while, but when he figures it out he will be a solid top 6er.

I don't think he's going to take long at all. He has 67 points in 62 AHL games, all as a 19/20-year-old. Just bc he didn't come up and put up a bunch of points last year as 19-year-old doesn't mean he's going to "take a while". Reichel is, without a doubt, one of the best 6 forwards in the organization currently. He's purposefully being kept down.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I don't think he's going to take long at all. He has 67 points in 62 AHL games, all as a 19/20-year-old. Just bc he didn't come up and put up a bunch of points last year as 19-year-old doesn't mean he's going to "take a while". Reichel is, without a doubt, one of the best 6 forwards in the organization currently. He's purposefully being kept down.
I don't like what I've seen in the small sample of the games he's played in the NHL and preseason.
Part of me is concerned he's going to be one of those players that can absolutely tear up the AHL but does nothing in the NHL. But, I think it's more likely than not that he figures it out eventually but I do think it is going to take time.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don't like what I've seen in the small sample of the games he's played in the NHL and preseason.
Part of me is concerned he's going to be one of those players that can absolutely tear up the AHL but does nothing in the NHL. But, I think it's more likely than not that he figures it out eventually but I do think it is going to take time.

Players that can "absolutely tear up the AHL" but amount to "nothing in the NHL" generally aren't tearing up the league as 19-year-olds. They're tearing the league up as 22/23-year-olds.

Do you know how many players have played 40+ games in the AHL while maintaining a PpG above 1.00 in the history of the league? 9 players. In the last 20 years, it's happened three times: Jason Spezza, Mikko Rantanen and Lukas Reichel.

Rantanen was also pointless in 9 NHL games during his 19-year-old AHL season. The following year, he put up 38 points in the NHL playing on a historically bad Avs team. I think if Reichel was on this team, getting top-6 minutes, he could put up 35 points.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IceHogs won 8-2 last night against the sens

Goals last night Sikura(2) Reichel(1) Regula (2)
Hardman Robinson and Phillips each with one

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Our 7th rounder,RikuTohila scored a goal again yesterday ..he now has11g in 15GP +4a = 15pts...so whike far down the points leaders list in the Sm-saja U-20 league,he is up in the goals leaders race ...tied for 4th in the league..

Looks like he can snipe but isn't much of a playmaker...I do not believe he is on his team's top line ...so he must either be playing 2C or3C for them in ES,but maybe giving his snipe ability they also use him now on their PP...but not sure if that is on their first or 2nd PP unit.

From KHL action earlier today ,Ilya Safonov had 1g 1a in a big win for AK Bars .

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I'm speculating about when the Hawks might call up LR so I'm following his progress at the Rock pretty closely. If he stays at a ppg+ pace I think it will be sooner rather than later. On the other hand if he doesn't give the Hawks fo a reason they won't rush him so he'll have to strongarm his way onto the NHL roster by staying hot. He's played better at the AHL level than Teuvo T. for a comp: TT (44 8 19 27 0.61 ppg) vs LR (62 25 42 67 1.08 ppg). Here's the AHL leader board for this season and LR (20 yo) is the youngest in the top ten. The other prospects in the top ten at 25 or below are Barre-Boulet (25); Bemstrom (23); Iskhakov (22); and Robert (23).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Artur Kayumov with an assist on the only goal ofvtge game today in a Lokomotov 1-0 victory in the KHL.

He now has 9 pts in his last.10GP ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ilya Safonov scored his 8th goal of the season today in a 3-2loss by AK Bars to CSKA in tge KHL..

So he has 11 points in 22 games... I am not sureif they are using hom as a 2C or 3C. but in any case he is not tgeir top Center on their top line ....so his improvement in scoring t(especially goalscoring).his season is notable.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
BU has been a bit of a disaster/going through a transition phase the whole time Commesso has been there if I’m not mistaken, makes it a lil harder to get a read

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I think the problem with Commesso is how few games he's played since getting to the college level. In part bc of injuries and in part bc of Covid. Only 42 games played over the past 2+ years. Missed out on the WJC twice too. It's tougher to get a read on him.

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Basse had poir stats on a terrible Colorado College team for the years he played there...getting shelled almost every game.

Facing a a lot less shots and less high danger shots now with defensively structured St Cloud State, it is no wonder he is putting up great save% and very low GAA....

Still hevis just 21 years old...so given our goalievoupeline needs in goal,I woukd not be surprised if we sign both Basse and Commesso and let the one who develops best eventually back-up or challenge Soderblom for the #1 goalie job with tge Hawks at some point in the future after they get experience in pro hockey I Rockford.

We probably should draft a goalie with one of our 2nd orx3rd rounders ...Justo keep the pipeline well stocked forthe future...Have not checked out the goalie prospects for this 2023 draft yet...not sure if there is a 1st rounder candidate or not...but maybe their are some 2nd round worthy goalie investments to be had?

We shall see who looks like a good goalie draft prospect after more of the season pkayscoutcand once final rankings come out..

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Riku Tohila Hawks 7th rounders scored another goal today in a 3-1 win for his team in the Sm-sarja u-20 league in Finland...

Tge last time I posted on hom was last Sunday morning after he had scoredvhisx11th goal of the season in 15GP..

However I see that eliteprospects.com is showing 11g 4a 15pts in 20 GP ...

Since I think they have not posted today's scoring stats yet,I think this should give Tohia 12 goals now...I know he was held scoreless on Novemberc3rd when his team lost 5-1...but that should be 12g in 17GP. Not 20GP orx21 if they have not counted today's result yet..

Maybe he playedvin some quick tournament from Sunday through Wednesday since his team did not pkay league games in that time...but in any case I am now unsure how nay games tey count for scoring...was it my original error in misrepirting how many games in that league he has played . Or was it elitelprospects.com who made an error in mis counting the GO for his stats then corrected it only recently?
Notcsure...

OR it could be they added some extra non-league games he just played in to his totals...But that ought to be recorded separately I f itvis not a regular league game .

In any case I do believe it is his 12th goal this season in his Sm-sarja 20 league ...itvis just mysterious why there was a jump of so many games played added onto his record from whatctgeycshoedclastcSubday ...shouldconly be 2 more games by my count (including today's game that he played in for his team in that league
But maybe tgey will correct the total GO to the right amount...we shall see.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Artur Kayumov with 1g 1a today in aLokomotiv win in the KHL...
This isI believe his 5th goal of the season +12a now for 17 points in 25GP ...but hecseems to be on an sccelerating trend as h has a point a game game average over his last 11 GP ...we will see if this hotter trendccontinuesxtgecrestvofvthecseason...ifcso maybe hecis finally emerging to his potential and shoukd still be considered on Hawkscfutrecpkabs if we can bring him over..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yesterday was not good for several Hawks prospects whonpkayed yesterday..

In NCAA:

Zero points for Slaggert and Rolston,Zero points for Kaise and James,Zero points for Gorman.

Top NCAA performer yesterday was Taige Harding with 1a..

USHL:

A better night for Nils Juntorp who had 2h 1a but since his team got 10 goalschosxwas not that significant a contribution compared to a couple of hisxteamates who really put up big numbers of goals and points.

OHL:

Zero points for Ludwinski.

WHL:

Zero points for Korchinski.

QMJHL:

A 1 goal contribution by Samuel Savoie as Gatineau came back from 0-3 down to win 4-3..

Europe:

Riku Tohila 1 goal on a 3-0 win for his team in Sm-sarja u-20 action in Finland.

So I guesscthevtop performer yesterday goes to Nils Juntorp.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
0DCAA765-B599-4B6A-BC18-A2F26C7A73AD.jpeg

Hogs win 4-1 Goals by Gicewicz, Reichel, Gust and Seney

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Players that can "absolutely tear up the AHL" but amount to "nothing in the NHL" generally aren't tearing up the league as 19-year-olds. They're tearing the league up as 22/23-year-olds.

Do you know how many players have played 40+ games in the AHL while maintaining a PpG above 1.00 in the history of the league? 9 players. In the last 20 years, it's happened three times: Jason Spezza, Mikko Rantanen and Lukas Reichel.

Rantanen was also pointless in 9 NHL games during his 19-year-old AHL season. The following year, he put up 38 points in the NHL playing on a historically bad Avs team. I think if Reichel was on this team, getting top-6 minutes, he could put up 35 points.
A forward typically reaches peak production during 23-27, so the statistics are definitely skewed. I think there’s more factors here you aren’t considering

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think the problem with Commesso is how few games he's played since getting to the college level. In part bc of injuries and in part bc of Covid. Only 42 games played over the past 2+ years. Missed out on the WJC twice too. It's tougher to get a read on him.
He could be a really good goalie but like Corey Crawford, take until age 25 to stick in the NHL. Goalies are weird. There is no typical development path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad