All-Purpose News Thread Part II

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
dom somehow found a gimmick where he gets booed everywhere but everyone still adores him

It's one of those things where WWE finally has their fan base doing whatever they want them to do.

Everybody knows he's a good kid, but they'll play along and treat him like the biggest shithead on earth because he does a good job playing it. Also helps that the boys play into it even though kayfabe is essentially dead. (Honestly, I don't see why you'd put Dom working fan events at all)

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It's one of those things where WWE finally has their fan base doing whatever they want them to do.

Everybody knows he's a good kid, but they'll treat him like the biggest shithead on earth. Also helps that the boys play into it even though kayfabe is essentially dead. (Honestly, I don't see why you'd put Dom working fan events at all)
The power of social media. Anybody can be a huge asshole in the ring, but then any fan can also log onto their account and see how great they are in real life. Charity work, pics with the kiddies, or just hanging in the back with other talent.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'll add that it's good Dom doesn't have to do his, "Dom's in the doghouse" segments anymore.

He was nearing Jey Uso territory of corpsing so many times as a heel that he accidentally turns himself face lol. He cracked a smile so many times in those segments lol.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The power of social media. Anybody can be a huge asshole in the ring, but then any fan can also log onto their account and see how great they are in real life. Charity work, pics with the kiddies, or just hanging in the back with other talent.

Ehh I kinda like my heels to try to be quiet about doing good shit. Honestly I don't think a guy like Dom should even be doing meet and greet events. You have plenty of babyfaces for that.

Although there's a way you can do them as a heel, stay in character, and still give the fan a good experience.

There's a video of MJF meeting a wheelchair bound fan at a meet and greet and he gets in an argument with them, then says "I'm gonna do something you can't do" and stands up. People around them had an oh shit reaction and the fan laughed it off having the time of their life. I think that's what a lot of people don't realize about those with permanent disabilities. A lot of them would rather you don't treat them with kids gloves and roast them like a normal person, because they are normal.

Reactions: Fro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I wonder if Dom can pull off being an eventual baby face. He has to reunite with Rey before his career comes to a close.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Is it bad that I woke today to the Japan Earthquake news with the Tsunami warning, and read it as "TSUUUUUU-NAMMMAAAYYYYYY" in Michael Cole's voice? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: sansabri

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I wonder if Dom can pull off being an eventual baby face. He has to reunite with Rey before his career comes to a close.
You could potentially have Liv dump him saying it was all a ruse to use him.

Then have him slowly make up with Rey and become friends with Rhea again
problem with turning him face is that he's gonna get booed anyway.

Dom could literally save a puppy on air and he'd still get booed

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
problem with turning him face is that he's gonna get booed anyway.

Dom could literally save a puppy on air and he'd still get booed

It would take a while and he would need to eat a lot of shit and hit rock bottom

If you do it right and he hugs it out with Rey in the end, they can get him cheered.

Especially because people don't legitimately hate him. It isn't X-pac heat. Crowds are just having fun playing along

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't see Dom working with Rey again unless Rey plans to keep working for a loooonnnnngggg time. I think it's a lot more likely that Rey ends his career on his back for Dom. I think the big question is, would Dom be willing to unmask Rey for heat? (I think Rey would do it for Dom)

Dom's way too over right now to shotgun a face turn. He can make it until at least Wrestlemania with this run with Liv vs. Rhea, if not farther. After that, you can conceivably elevate him to the main event as an Edge type "Ultimate opportunist" chicken shit heel that can snag a title with MITB or cheating or whatever.

Give him 2-3 years doing that. You can probably run with him as a heel awhile longer, but realistically, as is the case with all great heels, the fans are gonna turn him babyface on their own.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
first woman to legit be a draw in NA?
Sable was a legitimate draw but for completely different reasons.

Out of the 4 Horsewomen, Becky always seemed like the one who would accomplish the least as I don't think WWE were as high on her as they were the other three, but she's the most successful of them all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Out of the 4 Horsewomen, Becky always seemed like the one who would accomplish the least as I don't think WWE were as high on her as they were the other three, but she's the most successful of them all.
Becky was going to be Nattie. Hold the title a few times, but someone who others could work to get over.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

see i'm not sure about Sable. she had the ratings during the MNW, but i don't think she was the reason people were buying tickets to the show.

Becky def reached that level

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Becky was going to be Nattie. Hold the title a few times, but someone who others could work to get over.

Bayley ended up being that, though she has had higher highs then Nattie ever had.

Always be unfortunate her top main roster run when she was at her best happened with no crowds.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Remember Soft Ground Wrestling in Uganda? Turns out the whole thing is a scam.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bayley ended up being that, though she has had higher highs then Nattie ever had.

Always be unfortunate her top main roster run when she was at her best happened with no crowds.
Bayley has been pretty heavily featured for really her whole career. She’s the only one of the four who doesn’t seem to have any aspirations outside of WWE. She can probably go as far as she wants to backstage.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Kevin Sullivan has passed at age 74, I remember back in the 80's he was so convincing in his gimmick, that my dad really believed he was a devil worshipper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad