All-Purpose News Thread Part II

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I know lots that get celeb autographs tatted...not a big deal
It's not a big deal, just kind of pathetic imo. I'm certainly not a guy who gets excited to meet celebrities though.

No doubt. I've met a few wrestlers over the past 10 years during WM axxess - Mind you, I'm not a big "LETS TAKE A PHOTO!" guy. I'd rather just shake someones hand and shoot the shit if they wanted.

The people I've met couldn't have been nicer (Seth actually called me out and told me I looked like shit because I was hungover as f*** after a night on Bourbon Street) - We both had a chuckle.

Sasha Banks was signing and she looked like she just wanted to leave. Didn't say a word, hardly smiled and you could tell the little girls who met her felt short changed. That said, yeah, those recent photos look painfully awkward. I could understand if there was still a pandemic or even no touching, which is fine too. If someone is paying you $100 per photo, suck it up and give them some sort of authentic experience they'll remember.
Is there any chance she was just having a bad day? I met Gerry Cheevers once and he was a complete dick but every other Bruins fan says he's the greatest guy ever.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's not a big deal, just kind of pathetic imo. I'm certainly not a guy who gets excited to meet celebrities though.

Is there any chance she was just having a bad day? I met Gerry Cheevers once and he was a complete dick but every other Bruins fan says he's the greatest guy ever.
There's always that chance, but for f*** sakes, put it in the back pocket and put a smile on a little girls face.

She seems to have lots of bad days if this is the case.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
There's always that chance, but for f*** sakes, put it in the back pocket and put a smile on a little girls face.

She comes across like she wants the fame and celebrity but to keep everyone on the other side of the glass, like as if she was in the popemobile

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Mark Henry's son has signed with the WWE.

from sescoops.com:

mark-henry-jacob-henry.jpg.webp

Jacob Henry, son of WWE legend Mark Henry, is joining the WWE family. The 18-year-old wrestler committed to the University of Oklahoma broke the news Thursday night at his father’s set at Remix Rumble in Cleveland.

He teased some big news, which prompted an NXT chant from the crowd. He’s going to be a future superstar and it’s been put on paper.

“I have officially signed a deal with the WWE,” he said. “It’s official, I’m locked in.”

Watch Jacob Henry announce he’s signed with WWE:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

I kind of agree especially about the little girls but at the same time it's gotta be sickening to have people constantly bug you for autographs or whatever. I don't think celebrities are obligated to be nice to everyone all the time.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I kind of agree especially about the little girls but at the same time it's gotta be sickening to have people constantly bug you for autographs or whatever. I don't think celebrities are obligated to be nice to everyone all the time.
Oh, totally. I agree...

The thing is the fact that she was at WWE Axxess to sign and take photos, hahaha.

But yeah, f*** those dorks who bother them when they're at the airports. I'd never ever consider doing that.

We went to this restaurant in New Orleans and Vickie Guerrero was sitting across from us. She must have heard my buddy jokingly say "excuse me" - She got a kick out of it and we all laughed. Such a kind person, you could tell. I just hate the idea of swarming someone for a photo or for them to sign things. Just keep it cool, man.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Oh, totally. I agree...

The thing is the fact that she was at WWE Axxess to sign and take photos, hahaha.

But yeah, f*** those dorks who bother them when they're at the airports. I'd never ever consider doing that.

We went to this restaurant in New Orleans and Vickie Guerrero was sitting across from us. She must have heard my buddy jokingly say "excuse me" - She got a kick out of it and we all laughed. Such a kind person, you could tell. I just hate the idea of swarming someone for a photo or for them to sign things. Just keep it cool, man.
Yeah, agreed. I kind of spaced out on you saying it was an meet and greet type event. When they go to those they should feel obligated to be nice.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Reactions: Jussi

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Well deserved for the fans in Vancouver. They had a huge crowd for their most recent WWE show and they possibly had more than 6600 for an episode of Collision.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Zero chance she's using an A&E documentary that 34 people watched to announce her retirement. She is absolutely done as a full timer though. If I recall, her kid is close to kindergarten age. They've been getting by parenting wise just bringing her on the road with them.

Once kindergarten starts though it's pretty obvious somebody is going to have to be at home more.
God I hope so. Idk about everyone else but I just couldn't stand her when she became "the man." She has SUCH a manufactured, fake way of speaking on the mic it's unbearable to me.
At first Becky was organically over. That shot with her and the bloody nose was iconic just for the fact the WWE has essentially stumbled into their first legit female star. And then once again had to be dragged kicking and screaming to strike while the iron was hot.

In a lot of ways her run reminds me of Cena's rise to the top. Cena was legitimately over with everybody as he did his thuganomics stuff. Becky was over with the smark crowd for her in ring work, and then found that lightning in a bottle with that moment to stand out enough for the causal crowd to get behind her.

Most were happy to see both get to the top, and then within a few months people got sick of them. For Cena I feel like it was after he was done with JBL and moved on to crushing IWC favorites like Jericho, Christian and then Kurt Angle. For Becky it was the back to back of being given absolute dogshit to work with in that awful Lacey Evans/Baron Corbin shit and then a feud with Natalya.

I wanted her off my screen after the Covid WrestleMania. The Man shit was forced and Big Time Becks was even worse.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Zero chance she's using an A&E documentary that 34 people watched to announce her retirement. She is absolutely done as a full timer though. If I recall, her kid is close to kindergarten age. They've been getting by parenting wise just bringing her on the road with them.

Once kindergarten starts though it's pretty obvious somebody is going to have to be at home more.

At first Becky was organically over. That shot with her and the bloody nose was iconic just for the fact the WWE has essentially stumbled into their first legit female star. And then once again had to be dragged kicking and screaming to strike while the iron was hot.

In a lot of ways her run reminds me of Cena's rise to the top. Cena was legitimately over with everybody as he did his thuganomics stuff. Becky was over with the smark crowd for her in ring work, and then found that lightning in a bottle with that moment to stand out enough for the causal crowd to get behind her.

Most were happy to see both get to the top, and then within a few months people got sick of them. For Cena I feel like it was after he was done with JBL and moved on to crushing IWC favorites like Jericho, Christian and then Kurt Angle. For Becky it was the back to back of being given absolute dogshit to work with in that awful Lacey Evans/Baron Corbin shit and then a feud with Natalya.

I wanted her off my screen after the Covid WrestleMania. The Man shit was forced and Big Time Becks was even worse.
Yeah, I thought that whens Roux gets older, if Becky comes back, she'd more likely come back as a part timer. Unless she copies the Garganos and starts using the Indi Hartwell daycare services. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00