All-Purpose News Thread Part II

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No doubt. I've met a few wrestlers over the past 10 years during WM axxess - Mind you, I'm not a big "LETS TAKE A PHOTO!" guy. I'd rather just shake someones hand and shoot the shit if they wanted.

The people I've met couldn't have been nicer (Seth actually called me out and told me I looked like shit because I was hungover as f*** after a night on Bourbon Street) - We both had a chuckle.

Sasha Banks was signing and she looked like she just wanted to leave. Didn't say a word, hardly smiled and you could tell the little girls who met her felt short changed. That said, yeah, those recent photos look painfully awkward. I could understand if there was still a pandemic or even no touching, which is fine too. If someone is paying you $100 per photo, suck it up and give them some sort of authentic experience they'll remember.
And this is WAY BETTER than any 2 second photo you could've taken.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince vs. Sunny.

But for the gender disadvantage, Sunny starts in a car and is warmed up with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Fitting considering she was reportedly an asshole to Alexa in NXT and early main roster days.
Then she wanted to be in a tag team with her

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
f*** I'd rather watch The Marine 5.
Woah woah let's not get crazy here.

In my scale of creepiness, it is a little better than getting a tattoo of a celebrity's autograph.
Eh the Brahma Bull even back in that day was essentially just a symbol of a brand since it became the Rock's logo. Not really much different than getting the Superman or Batman symbol tattoo

Reactions: Fro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sure did.

Her and Alexa.
1722543347790.png

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
And this is WAY BETTER than any 2 second photo you could've taken.
It was hilarious. I was completely banged up and my buddy who didn't drink the night before ran into my room "WE GOING OR WHAT?" - I was half dead.

Got to Axxess, got into a random line (you didn't really know which line you were in until they came out) - It was Justin Gabriel, we just dipped and ran into Seth's line. The photo is hilarious. He's got a shit eating grin on his face and I just burst out into laughter. I'll take getting chirped every day of the week.

Those guys who walk around with like 10 replica belts hanging off them must have the cardio of a gazelle.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Now's your chance, GKJ! Just don't make her anything she hates:

“I was p*ssed off, I was mad. It was Money in the Bank, he made me this disgusting, ugly, lupas green, yellow, white and navy together.

I legit cried and screamed ‘I’m not gonna wrestle good, this makes me look ugly, I hate it’ and I made him feel so bad, I’m like ‘This is not what I said, all this stuff’ and honestly, it didn’t make me feel confident when I went out there.

I remember doing my entrance and I slipped a little bit. I was like so mad.”

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If you're worried you're going to perform worse because you hate your ring gear...you probably need an ego check or something.

Shawn Michaels had to wear some of the ugliest gear man has had the displeasure of witnessing at survivor series 2002. (which he admitted in his book he hated but acknowledged he waited too long to get his normal stuff commissioned) Even with that, and the fact he arguably had a much better reason for potentially lacking confidence given it was his second match in five years in a relatively unsafe environment. Nobody in the arena gave a shit about the gear i wager.

Same for her. I would have to imagine 99% of the crowd wouldn't have even paid attention to the gear so it would have entirely been her problem.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More on the Shane - TK meeting.

from fightful.com:

On Busted Open After Dark, Bully Ray read a statement given to him by Shane McMahon.

" Tony and I were connected through a mutual friend and we had a great meeting. We talked about many things, but mostly about our shared love for the business and the rewards and challenges of working with family. I congratulated him on the five year anniversary of AEW and look forward to how he evolves the business moving forward, " said Shane, via Bully Ray.

Bully noted that Shane likes to keep things close to the vest and hold his cards tight.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bro, no offense, but that's a little creepy.
I had a whole plan to get a lot more but then Covid sort of happened. I can easily get it covered any time I want, but it wasn’t just about her, it was also the first time I had been to New York and doing a wrestling trip. Just haven’t had a chance to keep it going.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can tell they both get it, but not often, because neither hesitated and wanted to make sure they got the right spot. The official photographer got shots both times and said she remembered me. Alexa forced me to get proper position because she’s left handed

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00