All-Purpose News Thread Part II

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Dave saying the Ricochet situation is "up in the air"

I think at this point, you either leave for money or because you don't feel fulfilled as a performer.

Like, Ricochet can have insane matches in AEW... But he's not really gonna be any different than the vast majority of guys who have gone and faded into the background. Yeah, he's not a standout in WWE either, but not being a standout in WWE is better than not being a standout in AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave was pretty direct last night that he thinks he’s leaving

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ricochet would do better in Japan. No need to rely on the promo. A chance to showcase the flippery dippery stuff. Probably win a couple mid card titles along the way.

Reactions: SnS

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
He would be at the top there now. That’s why I keep saying Nattie should do it.

Do they want to be away from their s/o's like that though? Does Japan pay that well if they are say a upper mid card or just a notch below the top tier? I remember people being quite surprised when Riho said what she was making in AEW

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Do they want to be away from their s/o's like that though? Does Japan pay that well if they are say an upper mid card or just a notch below the top tier? I remember people being quite surprised when Riho said what she was making in AEW
Mox doesn’t seem to have a problem, he’s going back for Bloodsport too.

I don’t know what everyone is getting paid, but New Japan and Bushiroad treats everyone who is ex-WWE like they’re God. Part of that is because in the olden days, people coming from WWE/F believed that they were. I don’t think they’d go with him as the top guy in the company, but he would be a main event guy on PPV’s and would be the top guy on Strong.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
He'd definitely be the top gajin. There's not much competition for that role right now. It's like ZSJ and then umm... David Finlay?...Jeff Cobb? I'm pretty sure ELP's contract is just about up as well.

An AEW guy is their champion right now. Though I think Naito might win it back at FD.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Io Shirai is going to Marigold on the July 13 Summer Destiny show to face Utami Hayashishita.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cody Rhodes is paying for Uganda promotion Soft Ground Wrestling, SWG, to get a proper wrestling ring. Because Soft Ground is exactly that, wrestling on soft ground. Mansoor and Mace were there recently.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Belief I think is that Shinsuke Nakamura will be on their Budokan show on July 13

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad