All-Purpose News Thread Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
The WWE has done this in the past, and have almost always gotten beaten up over it, nobody praises "management" for punishing "employees" or at least almost nobody does

Bullshit. I’ve seen it celebrated that WWE has handled stuff like this in the past.

Just suck it up and let them go wherever they want to go, don’t be a petty little pretentious dickhead and just let them move on.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Bullshit. I’ve seen it celebrated that WWE has handled stuff like this in the past.

Just suck it up and let them go wherever they want to go, don’t be a petty little pretentious dickhead and just let them move on.

Yeah I don't recall that being celebrated, I think you are mis-remembering, there was very little to no positivity towards anything WWE was doing at the time other than maybe from Jussi

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Should be noted the reports say TK could extend Fenix's deal in this way, not that he has.

He's done it before but iirc it was usually to ensure the performer got paid while hurt, and in the other couple instances (FTR, Kenny) they were looking to re-sign anyway. So even then the other party has to consent.

Doing this without Fenix agreeing would be unwise. There's no value in forcing someone who wants out to stay. And as much as i like the Lucha Bros, them jumping to WWE isn't like some big needle mover moment that's going to damage your company. Partially because they aren't a big name to casuals, and partially because i'm not sure WWE would be able to utilize them correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I don't blame Lucha Bros for moving on but wish they would go back to TNA instead. WWE is gonna neuter them.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Afa of the Wild Samoan's may or may not be dead. Dave and the sheets posting different stuff

It's now official - he passed away today.

from slamwrestling.net:

WildSamoans1200-1200x640.jpg

Just a few months after the death of his brother, Sika, Afa the Wild Samoan has died. He was 81.

The news was broken by Samu Anoa’i on the afternoon of August 16: “It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of my father Afa Anoai Sr. It was a peaceful transition and he was surrounded by loved ones. Please respect our privacy as we morn (sic) our father.”

Afa had faced health challenges since late 2023, including a fractured back, a heart attack and battling pneumonia, so it was a bit of a surprise when his younger brother, Leati Sika Amituana’i Anoa’i, died on June 25, 2024, at age 79.

Afa’s death was prematurely announced on the evening of August 15, likely by persons and websites misinterpreting this post from Afa’s son, Samula, who wrestled as Samu:

As we embark on your final journey home, we express our heartfelt gratitude for the unwavering love and guidance you have bestowed upon us throughout our lives. We find solace in knowing that you will soon be reunited with the Lord Jesus, your parents, siblings, and friends who have gone before us. We have no doubt that you will establish a Wild Samoan training center in the sky, bringing us all together once again. We believe in the power of your love and legacy, and we will continue to honor it in all that we do.
Respectfully your son
Big Sam Anoa’i.
The oldest cousin of the Bloodline clan.

Family and friends fought back against those who had misreported the news, much like Afa himself had fought and fought for the last few months.

They had collected pictures, stories, and memories from those who knew Afa to share at his bedside in his final days, spent in Howey in the Hills, Florida, near Orlando.

Full story: Wild Samoan Afa dead at 81 - Slam Wrestling

Reactions: Jussi

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Oh come the f*** on.

If this was reversed (if true) the world would be praising WWE.

WWE has literally done this repeatedly and eaten shit for it.

It's laughable because Tony Khan started AEW on the premise that he was gonna be different from WWE and better for the boys, when the reality is he's done a lot of the same shit.

Yeah I don't recall that being celebrated, I think you are mis-remembering, there was very little to no positivity towards anything WWE was doing at the time other than maybe from Jussi

AEW fans pretending it's like that old Heyman shoot promo where the WWE fans are like Brisco and Patterson kissing Vince's ass...

"OH WHAT A GREAT IDEA YOU HAD EXTENDING HIS CONTRACT VINCE!

*MUAH* *MUAH* *MUAH* *MUAH*!

*MUAH* *MUAH* *MUAH* *MUAH*!"

:laugh:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't blame Lucha Bros for moving on but wish they would go back to TNA instead. WWE is gonna neuter them.

Ya, it'd really be too bad if they didn't let Penta recklessly shatter somebody's leg on a dumb spot, or Fenix drop a guy on his head (twice) after he's already been concussed. :sarcasm:

We saw what happened after Edge was finally free after all those years of dumb restrictions!

Reactions: Khelandros

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
... They literally had him walk in the ring and give his shot to The Rock.

Nothing on your timeline makes sense whether Punk got hurt or not.
Yes, because Punk got hurt in that timeframe and was not going to make Wrestlemania, which I explicitly cited, along with doing the injury angle. If you’re not going to read what’s being said, that’s a you-problem.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Yes, because Punk got hurt in that timeframe and was not going to make Wrestlemania, which I explicitly cited, along with doing the injury angle. If you’re not going to read what’s being said, that’s a you-problem.
If you're ignorant enough to think the company was keeping their number one babyface off Wrestlemania because Meltzer (Who has incessantly been wrong about WWE news recently) said so, that's a you-problem.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you're ignorant enough to think the company was keeping their number one babyface off Wrestlemania because Meltzer (Who has incessantly been wrong about WWE news recently) said so, that's a you-problem.
I simply stated what he said. No one else is putting it out there. Anybody’s welcome to not believe him.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I simply stated what he said. No one else is putting it out there. Anybody’s welcome to not believe him.

Especially when what he's saying is completely illogical...

The hockey equivalent would be the Oilers leaving healthy Leon out of the lineup in SCF G7 because Connor's available, so why do we really need Leon?

Doesn't make much sense.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad