Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
You can easily bring up Levi for about 14 starts, carry 3 goalies for those situatioms, just work with the BUF/ROC schedules to find the ideal times.

I like UPL for 54 games, Levi&Reimer 14 a piece. Levi does around 40 in Rochester, and the playoffs there.

This isn't really that difficult to figure out since UPL is the unquestioned starter this season, Levi needs to play games, and you don't want to risk losing Reimer.

I would definitely be concerned about losing Reimer to waivers. The only other two players who might get claimed (Gilbert and Rousek) are meh.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
This isn't really that difficult to figure out since UPL is the unquestioned starter this season, Levi needs to play games, and you don't want to risk losing Reimer.

I would definitely be concerned about losing Reimer to waivers.
Yep. We didn't pay Reimer enough to be a deterrent to a claim. I'd be VERY worried that he'd be claimed and force our hand to either bring Levi up and have him sit.....or use Sandstrom as our backup, which would likely be a disaster.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

James Reimer, Buffalo​

Reimer was a part of the goalie traffic jam in San Jose that landed Hill in Vegas, and three years later, he finds himself in another crowded goalie room. He’s currently sitting behind two talented young goalies in Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen and Devon Levi, but showed last year that, even at 36, he still has some good hockey left.

Reimer led all Detroit goalies with 7.06 goals saved above expected in 20 starts last season. He has started at least 20 games in all 14 of his NHL seasons. The Sabres signed him to a one-year deal this summer, but unless they opt to carry three goalies, they could be forced to expose him to waivers.

With Reimer having more than 500 games of NHL experience, teams won’t find a more battle-tested option. Reimer may not have a very high ceiling at this point in his career, but for teams looking to add a steady backup who can provide predictable goaltending on a nightly basis, he’s a good option.

Alex Lyon (Red Wings), Hunter Shepard (Caps), Matt Murray (Leafs), and Chris Driedger (Panthers) are the other four mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad