Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
From an Ian Mendes article:

"Smith does not want his pursuit of an NHL team to come off as though he’s poaching the Coyotes from afar.

“People who know me know I’m pretty direct. If that were the intention, I would just come out and say that,” Smith says when asked if it appears he is targeting the Coyotes. “We’re not about trying to mess with anybody else’s world. I know what it’s like to be in a partnership like we are in the NBA. There is a way to go about it.”

Smith maintains an open line of dialogue with NHL officials, but he’s mindful not to step over any lines.

“I don’t want to get involved with how they deliver a team. We’re showing that we’re ready and that’s what we’re putting forward,” says Smith. “We talk to them frequently. They know our interest. They see what’s going on. They see the value, and they’re intrigued.”"
Maybe he should shut up then. Asking the fans to name the team is just adding fuel to the fire for all those dumb Canadian so called journalists assholes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I can't see how anyone could have possibly thought it made sense for the guy to just take another franchise at the draft with zero time to actually build up to it and introduce it to a new fanbase. You can do it in Canada, for obvious reasons, but any businessman worth a dime would know it would be crazy to do it that way in SLC. That rumor never held up to even a basic logic check.
You do know that the average Joe is stupid and believe everything they hear.:nod:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe he should shut up then. Asking the fans to name the team is just adding fuel to the fire for all those dumb Canadian so called journalists assholes.
You do know he's next in line for an expansion team right? Maybe, just maybe that's the team he's trying to name?? I'm starting to think you watch hockey without sound as you seem to think anyone else's words and thoughts are wrong and meaninglessness? Also just found out all the folks who write this stuff are Canadian???

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You do know he's next in line for an expansion team right? Maybe, just maybe that's the team he's trying to name?? I'm starting to think you watch hockey without sound as you seem to think anyone else's words and thoughts are wrong and meaninglessness? Also just found out all the folks who write this stuff are Canadian???
And when is that? How long does it take to name a team? Anything negative about the Coyote's, whether true or not most times comes out of Canada.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
And when is that? How long does it take to name a team? Anything negative about the Coyote's, whether true or not most times comes out of Canada.
Chief media guy complained about here lately seems to be from Philadelphia? Have you ever heard of "top of mind advertising "? You don't think the Coyotes will advertise 4 seasons time arena constantly? That's what Smith is doing, trying to create a buzz. And if Coyotes intend to move he will surely be ready to act quickly, as he has said to League.

Reactions: Prarievarg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Was the cigar any good though?
That can make all the difference.

The organisation right now:
View attachment 849248

Shut it down, folks, the memes will never get better than this

From an Ian Mendes article:

"Smith does not want his pursuit of an NHL team to come off as though he’s poaching the Coyotes from afar.

“People who know me know I’m pretty direct. If that were the intention, I would just come out and say that,” Smith says when asked if it appears he is targeting the Coyotes. “We’re not about trying to mess with anybody else’s world. I know what it’s like to be in a partnership like we are in the NBA. There is a way to go about it.”

Smith maintains an open line of dialogue with NHL officials, but he’s mindful not to step over any lines.

“I don’t want to get involved with how they deliver a team. We’re showing that we’re ready and that’s what we’re putting forward,” says Smith. “We talk to them frequently. They know our interest. They see what’s going on. They see the value, and they’re intrigued.”"

Smith ain't stupid. He obviously has done a simple Google search on the name "Jim Balsillie."

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Really there’s nothing that can stop this process unless losing the auction. Scottsdale can bitch and complain but it really makes no difference at all. Of course there’s going to be all the Canadian outlets that are going to grind away at anything negative and do it as much as possible because that’s all anyone reads is headlines. f*** em’ it’s not going to change this process.

Phoenix wants this. We all sat around and wondered why Phoenix was so hell bent on getting the Tempe deal dead, because they saw the opportunity and what’s going to be built and wanted it for themselves. Here’s the land, here’s the process and here’s how WE (cop and AM) go about this endeavor.

Win the auction and this all goes away. It’s going to get hairy until then, but nothings going to change this unless we lose the auction.

Reactions: Prarievarg

AZDesertKnight

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Really there’s nothing that can stop this process unless losing the auction. Scottsdale can bitch and complain but it really makes no difference at all. Of course there’s going to be all the Canadian outlets that are going to grind away at anything negative and do it as much as possible because that’s all anyone reads is headlines. f*** em’ it’s not going to change this process.

Phoenix wants this. We all sat around and wondered why Phoenix was so hell bent on getting the Tempe deal dead, because they saw the opportunity and what’s going to be built and wanted it for themselves. Here’s the land, here’s the process and here’s how WE (cop and AM) go about this endeavor.

Win the auction and this all goes away. It’s going to get hairy until then, but nothings going to change this unless we lose the auction.
Well, more rumblings from Seravali and Craig Morgan having him on the show tomorrow.. Craig even muted comments on that announcement. So there is likely some fuel to the fire that Meruelo maybe wants to sell and we may get the "Coyotes" brand back in a couple of years..

So glad you all enjoyed the rebuild! It's going to be fruitful for SLC.. ugh.. Josh Doan? Bye!

WTF is even happening??

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Well, more rumblings from Seravali and Craig Morgan having him on the show tomorrow.. Craig even muted comments on that announcement. So there is likely some fuel to the fire that Meruelo maybe wants to sell and we may get the "Coyotes" brand back in a couple of years..

So glad you all enjoyed the rebuild! It's going to be fruitful for SLC.. ugh.. Josh Doan? Bye!

WTF is even happening??
That’s if the land auction is lost. We won’t know anything until the land auction results.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I find it interesting that a few days ago, Peters was like 'I won't even mention his name,' and now Seravalli is scheduled to be on the show? Doesn't seem like this is going to be one of those friendly conversations..

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012

WTF is even happening??

Because Seravalli has greatly surpassed Katie Strang in voting for Asshole of the Year.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Am I mssing something? The auction has been approved, the money has been initially agreed to, AM is working on the blue prints that need to be done (including water drainage, water piping, and sewage).
To me it looks like a done deal and the auction is to finalize it.
Am I just seeing an overreaction from almost everyone? The media, Scottsdale mayor (politician showing his constituents that he is relevant and concern even though he isn't relevant or needs to be concerned).

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I find it interesting that a few days ago, Peters was like 'I won't even mention his name,' and now Seravalli is scheduled to be on the show? Doesn't seem like this is going to be one of those friendly conversations..
Looking like Frank the Tank wasn’t wrong and time to make peace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad