Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
For example, I think it's awesome that Grimes and rt seem to have turned the situation into a little side hustle/fun hobby. I only wish I cared about the subject, still.

And to make all this worse, the 40+ beer league team I was on for 22.5 years broke up last week, too. So I am no longer a Dirty Old Man, either (that's where my name comes from, if that was never clear). Out of blue comes green, though, I've joined two teams in my old stomping grounds in the Chandler rink part-time, and I probably could have joined a 3rd in Gilbert, too, putting me on 4 rosters, total. But that's just crazy :).

Yup...Meruelo at least attempted, although he failed and the whole thing crumbled. The real culprits for me will always be the people who led the No campaign in Tempe, and the people who voted No to said campaign.
Sorry to hear about DOM. I was on , at different times down at chandler polar ice, The Eclipse, The Mites, and The Blast. I remember games against DOM, but cant remember which team I was on at the time.

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Obligatory: The Suns are the only path forward to the NHL returning to Arizona.

Politically they are the only entity capable of getting anything done, and they've proven to have the wealth.

It's going to be a long wait though.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree. The NHL is going to have to share an arena with another professional sports team here in AZ. It's the only way another arena ever gets built with hockey in mind, IMO. And we know that won't work unless whoever owns the arena owns both teams.

Considering that they just renovated Footprint, not happening any time soon. I just can't see another path forward for the NHL in Arizona other than Ishbia either. And if it ever happens it won't be any time soon.

Dirty Old Man

Old but not really dirty
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Sorry to hear about DOM. I was on , at different times down at chandler polar ice, The Eclipse, The Mites, and The Blast. I remember games against DOM, but cant remember which team I was on at the time.
If by Mites you meant "Old Mites", definitely remember playing against them. Also played against Blast many of those early years for a team called Topps.

Actually, while I'm here, a lot of those old stats from Chandler 2000-08 are still in the archives, if you know where to look, which is here:

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Seeing the players in the new jerseys I just can’t break free of the incomprehensible rage and heartbreak I still continue to feel. I truly hope for complete and utter misery for every single person associated with the Utah franchise, from the owner, the management, the players, all the way down to the fans. I want them all to suffer. I will hate them all for as long as I live.

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Seeing the players in the new jerseys I just can’t break free of the incomprehensible rage and heartbreak I still continue to feel. I truly hope for complete and utter misery for every single person associated with the Utah franchise, from the owner, the management, the players, all the way down to the fans. I want them all to suffer. I will hate them all for as long as I live.
It's ok, you can join the Utah forum and all is well!

It's like the move didn't even happen!

• Haha
Reactions: RemoAZ

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I truly hope for complete and utter misery for every single person associated with the Utah franchise, from the owner, the management, the players, all the way down to the fans. I want them all to suffer. I will hate them all for as long as I live.

Spoken like someone that would drive their car head on into traffic. Gotta take someone else out too.

Do us all a favor and dial 988. Heck, do it for yourself because JasonDemersIsNotOkay.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I guess wishing utter misery and suffering on anyone that works for or follows UHC (people that are innocent in all of this) is totally deserved, sane, rational, and not at all "a bit much" or even a bit psycho. Strange how more of us Coyote fans aren't doing the same. :rolleyes:
Eh it's an emotional response to him feeling gutted by this whole experience and he's expressing it in an archived forum of his now defunct team. Seems fine to me. Also you're acting like you've never read a JDWO post before. lol

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Eh it's an emotional response to him feeling gutted by this whole experience and he's expressing it in an archived forum of his now defunct team. Seems fine to me. Also you're acting like you've never read a JDWO post before. lol

The site has rules against projecting any harm and/or ill will towards other members.

As long as this forum remains accessible it's governed by that.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I get the anger. I'm mad as hell too, but not at Utah, their fans or Ryan Smith. It's Meruelo and Gutierrez for me. As a Yotes fan, I never understood why the Winnipeg fans hated us so much. Hate your owners and your city for losing the team.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I get the anger. I'm mad as hell too, but not at Utah, their fans or Ryan Smith. It's Meruelo and Gutierrez for me. As a Yotes fan, I never understood why the Winnipeg fans hated us so much. Hate your owners and your city for losing the team.
Hate your city for losing the team.

Fixed it for you! :D

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Damn man. You're still in the anger stage of grief? I feel sorry for you. I've settled into permanent disappointment. I still haven't been able to turn my license plate in yet. Not sure what's holding me back there other than it looks freaking great on my Taco. Other than that, I've totally stopped following anything NHL. Blocking/unfollowing anybody hockey related I followed on Twitter helped. I'm sure I won't even watch a hockey highlight this season. The only thing I still miss is debating stuff with you guys. I even miss the owner's apologist mod and RT being a jerk and then apologizing to people once a week or so! The zillion trade ideas a day, not so much.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Classic. Especially towards Jakey. Haha!
I'm having a hard time without a team too. I could go back to the Wild. I'm originally from Minnesota and was a big Wild fan until the Yotes stole me away. Going back to them as a fan feels like asking my ex-wife out. I just don't have it for them anymore. I miss BA and the players, but can't support them being in Utah. That feels like trying to date a chick that broke up with me.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The site has rules against projecting any harm and/or ill will towards other members.

That's great, thanks for sharing.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

So how about if I say that I want you to have a loving experience with a gorilla, to some people on the BOH area, is that acceptable?

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ

Article mentions how Coyotes relocation has officials concerned about Diamondbacks doing the same if Chase Field situation isn’t resolved.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I will hate Alex Meruelo and his failson for the rest of my natural life, but otherwise there was simply too much bullshit that happened with our franchise to project my disappointment and hate on anyone else. It's not Utah's fault that they are treating our team the way they should have been treated here in Arizona.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe Utah as a state for a variety of reasons, but the hockey team and its fans aren't one of them... :D

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Don't worry Utah Hockey Fans, you can follow the baseball team to Utah also in just a few years! It's all good :)
Arizona voters under no circumstances will fund a stadium or arena. The D-Backs are next if they don't resolve this mess. The owner already mentioned Nashville wanting a team. You know SLC will fund a stadium. We'll be left with the Cardinals and Suns.

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Arizona voters under no circumstances will fund a stadium or arena. The D-Backs are next if they don't resolve this mess. The owner already mentioned Nashville wanting a team. You know SLC will fund a stadium. We'll be left with the Cardinals and Suns.
I love my Dbacks but i'd sacrifice them if it means Ishbia can buy Chase and demo it for a new Suns/NHL Arena. lol

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad