Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
My source within the organization is no longer there--along with several others--so I can post this without endangering anyone's livelihood.

A while back I said they were thinking of changing the Roadrunners to a different name and one in particular would cause endless memes/jokes. That name?

Coyotes. Yes, you read that correctly. Whose idea was it? Junior's, naturally.
Jesus Christ on a popsicle stick.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I doubt that a buisness school teaches you how to run a sports franchise or sports team in general.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The problem is this is a fair weather fan state as CD pointed out. Always has been. It's the old chicken and egg. We needed a rich owner that would spend what was needed to build a winning organization so they could sell out but the fans weren't coming out to support the team until they won consistently. So all the potential owners wanted a subsidy or project that made enough money to pay for the team so they didn't have to. Bottom line is we needed an owner with Mark Cuban wealth but all we could attract were a bunch of grifters.

Well if the board billionaire isn't going to do it, I guess we're screwed.
I want to like the first and laugh at the second :laugh:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I doubt that a buisness school teaches you how to run a sports franchise or sports team in general.

I think you took me a little too seriously.

Besides, I'm not even talking about running a sports franchise. I'm talking about him possibly being so dumb he'd change the Roadrunners to Coyotes. That's more or less about marketing and I'm sure he had some marketing classes.

That's just plain out of touch. Insulting even. Hopefully it was just an idea tossed out there without much real consideration to it.

Last edited:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm not sure the Red Wings could survive the 20-year shit show that was the Coyotes. Most teams put a lot of effort into attracting new fans. The Coyotes spent 20 years alienating them. Can't fault the fanbase one bit for their lack of interest in the team. The brand got toxic a good ways back.

Nobody with any pride would support this team :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
This is indicative of why you don't give fresh college grads positions of great importance. The basics of business education are fine, it's the mantra of those that can't teaching their beliefs, that create a bravado not based in reality.

Yeah, that's crap. And as a counter I would submit exhibit A - the Florida Panthers. Similar problem, yet still around, and now look at them.
Same crap I’ve been saying for well over a decade now, because it’s true.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm not sure the Red Wings could survive the 20-year shit show that was the Coyotes. Most teams put a lot of effort into attracting new fans. The Coyotes spent 20 years alienating them. Can't fault the fanbase one bit for their lack of interest in the team. The brand got toxic a good ways back.

Nobody with any pride would support this team :sarcasm:
Hockey is a game not a brand. The greatest game on earth, thus it shouldn’t even require such “effort.”

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Knew I could get the ol’ denial train rolling again. Keep the excuses flowing boys!

Last edited:

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
My source within the organization is no longer there--along with several others--so I can post this without endangering anyone's livelihood.

A while back I said they were thinking of changing the Roadrunners to a different name and one in particular would cause endless memes/jokes. That name?

Coyotes. Yes, you read that correctly. Whose idea was it? Junior's, naturally.
I can beat that! The Islanders changed their AHL team name from Soundtigers (a reference to Bridgeport being the offseason home to the Circus and the Long Island Sound) to the Bridgeport Islanders. The Islanders are named the Islanders because they're on LONG ISLAND! Bridgeport is not on an Island. So even so called competent owners can make moronic decisions.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hockey is a game not a brand.
Yes, hockey is a game, but you're talking pond hockey. The NHL and it's franchises are trademarked brands generating revenue playing it.

The greatest game on earth, thus it shouldn’t even require such “effort.”
I don't even think that you actually believe this. It's just too ridiculous. Coyotes couldn't even convert enough hockey fans of other teams after they've moved to Arizona. People that already love hockey.

There's lots of hockey fans in Arizona, they're just not Coyote fans.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yes, hockey is a game, but you're talking pond hockey. The NHL and it's franchises are trademarked brands generating revenue playing it.

I don't even think that you actually believe this. It's just too ridiculous. Coyotes couldn't even convert enough hockey fans of other teams after they've moved to Arizona. People that already love hockey.

There's lots of hockey fans in Arizona, they're just not Coyote fans.
They don't love hockey too much, if they were willing to let an NHL team leave their community. But yes, I agree, lotsa "hockey fans," trouble is too many are fair weather, bandwagon jumping, root for the teams from the cities they used to live in, nutless puking excuses for hockey fans. I've been saying this pre-bankruptcy and look where we are because the "fans" you taut refused to assimilate.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You're making excuses for the franchise. "Whats good for the goose..." :laugh:
Clever attempt, but it doesn't hold water, unless of course you think like AM and Jr., who seem to think the franchise is the main attraction. Meanwhile they stand at the ready with their dicks in their hands.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
look where we are because the "fans" you taut refused to assimilate.

Hey, if you think that it shouldn't take any effort for the Coyotes to win over a Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Maple Leaf, or Canadiens fan; I can't stop you :laugh:

Clever attempt, but it doesn't hold water, unless of course you think like AM and Jr., who seem to think the franchise is the main attraction. Meanwhile they stand at the ready with their dicks in their hands.

So, you don't care that the Coyotes are gone, because you can still watch the Roadrunners? Since it's all about the sport and not the team/franchise?

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Where will the auction be held? I just retired on May 1st and I have nothing but time on my hands.
I wouldn't mind going to the auction if the public is allowed.
AZ state land dept. 1110 W Washington.

There is a chance they change the location, based on expected turn out. I was at the board of appeals meeting there was asked by an employee if I was coming to the auction, she acted like it is normally very crowded. So, who knows, we'll just need to keep an eye on it as the time draws near.

Reactions: LAIslanderFan

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hey, if you think that it shouldn't take any effort for the Coyotes to win over a Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Maple Leaf, or Canadiens fan; I can't stop you :laugh:

So, you don't care that the Coyotes are gone, because you can still watch the Roadrunners? Since it's all about the sport and not the team/franchise?
As a former Chicagoan and Blackhawk fan, yes I think that and no, you can't stop me, whether you laugh, like a village idiot, or not. Which leads to, yes it bothers me that the Coyotes are gone because it's the NHL, the highest level of play for the greatest game on earth. It's a complete embarrassment that they are gone and the fans who didn't show up are to blame. It has absolutely nothing to do with the franchise, or even the team for that matter, it's about having the greatest game on earth played at the highest level, in our community.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
As a former Chicagoan and Blackhawk fan, yes I think that and no, you can't stop me, whether you laugh, like a village idiot, or not. Which leads to, yes it bothers me that the Coyotes are gone because it's the NHL, the highest level of play for the greatest game on earth. It's a complete embarrassment that they are gone and the fans who didn't show up are to blame. It has absolutely nothing to do with the franchise, or even the team for that matter, it's about having the greatest game on earth played at the highest level, in our community.

So, if you moved to Boston we could all assume that you're an "assimilated" Bruins fan immediately? Even if the Coyotes still existed here in Arizona?

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Bruins fan. When I lived near Tulsa, I was a Stars fan and drove five hours each way to see games.

I think most people have a little more brand loyalty and attachment to "their" specific teams than that. Not that you're alone or anything.

I'm not even going to instantly become a Coyote fan again if Meruelo revives a team. They're going to have to earn it this time.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think most people have a little more brand loyalty and attachment to "their" specific teams than that. Not that you're alone or anything.
Yep and most people are assholes too, so here we are surrounded by assholes that let NHL team in their community go.

I believe you're from Detroit and it seems you were a Coyote fan, so I'm struggling with your willingness to appease these assholes with excuses.

Edit: hell, I worked for FOMOCO for 19 years and if I didn't get such sweet deals on their products, I'd buy another make, if the quality was good and they beat the price. Why the hell should anyone care about brand?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad