Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Unless Celebrini flat out refuses to sign with San Jose, then there's no reason under the sun where Grier should trade down from 1.

Chicago could be going a few ways with this trade.
They could be hoping for either a F or D to drop into their laps at 18, where it was much less likely in their eyes by staying at 20.
They could be looking to trade further up in the draft.
Or they could be looking to trade for an established player, where they 20th pick wasn't enticing enough as the main piece going back.
If nothing else, it should liven up several boards around here

That's what I was thinking... if Celebrini doesn't want to play here. I anticipate that CHI is not done yet with draft pick trades since there's still plenty of time before the draft.

For speculation, say Celebrini has told Grier that he doesn't want to play in San Jose and will got back to BU. If you're Grier, do you make that trade with CHI and pick up an extra 1st round draft pick?

Or draft Celebrini anyway and get him to change his mind and sign, saying look Macklin you get through your ELC quicker?

I think Celebrini would have to red shirt in order to get out of college as a FA.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
That's what I was thinking... if Celebrini doesn't want to play here. I anticipate that CHI is not done yet with draft pick trades since there's still plenty of time before the draft.

For speculation, say Celebrini has told Grier that he doesn't want to play in San Jose and will got back to BU. If you're Grier, do you make that trade with CHI and pick up an extra 1st round draft pick?

Or draft Celebrini anyway and get him to change his mind and sign, saying look Macklin you get through your ELC quicker?

I think Celebrini would have to red shirt in order to get out of college as a FA.
I'd still draft him. Yes, he might have a change of heart but, my thought would be to see how the top 5 or 6 picks go a d then decide if there's a package of prospects and draft picks that move the needle enough in order to pull the trigger

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Good interview with Craig Button:

Any thoughts on Carter George with one of our 2nds? Button thinks that George is the only goalie with #1 goalie potential in this draft.

I do like Carter George, he definitely has the It factor to him, but there is no goaltender worth taking in the first two rounds, and maybe not even the first three rounds. George is a longshot because of his lack of size. I’d rather spend a later round pick on Nabokov.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
There we definitely some rumors about this prior to the lottery, we haven't heard much buzz since though.

Either he has accepted his fate or him and Rick are cooking something up to get him to drop to Chicago.
Those "rumors" were of the "my cousin's hairdresser's roommate's friend overheard through a closed door at the train station that Celebrini's neighbor's dog washer said that he didn't want to go to the Sharks."

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
There we definitely some rumors about this prior to the lottery, we haven't heard much buzz since though.

Either he has accepted his fate or him and Rick are cooking something up to get him to drop to Chicago.
The more realistic explanation for the rumors other than Celebrini accepting his fate or looking to go to Chicago is that the rumors were bullshit and untrue in the first place.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Care to link them? Aside from Lindros, has this ever happened with a 1st overall pick? By all accounts Celebrini is a good kid. I see the odds of this being happening less than 1% and not even worth thinking about.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Care to link them? Aside from Lindros, has this ever happened with a 1st overall pick? By all accounts Celebrini is a good kid. I see the odds of this being happening less than 1% and not even worth thinking about.
There is nothing to link, there has been zero creditable sources that has mentioned this rumour, it was literally from a poster on this board that wanted to be cool that said that the celebrini's weren't happy with how Macklin was treated as a junior shark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad