All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
IT'S COMING HOME
51HmH2y8pvL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Spain really controlling the game so far, they are such a technically skilled team.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
England looks outclassed right now. But the game is all but one bounce away. Don’t think Spains defense is that good to play keep away

Reactions: Summer Rose

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ugh. You know how in the 90s early 2000s (And continuing for a lot of fans into today), most "traditional" hockey fans were rooting against the expansion/relocated franchises in the playoffs because they need to 'pay their dues' or 'didn't deserve' to win?

I feel like that about Spain-England winning the WWC. And that sentiment is far MORE justified in THIS than in the NHL. Because the cities that got NHL teams in 90s didn't actually "do anything wrong" by NOT having an NHL team before then.

Nothing has stopped England or Spain from being really good at women's soccer this entire time other than they simply didn't care.

It's really tough to be "good for England" when they didn't give a damn until like 2005, and Spain didn't give a damn until like 2013.

Don't get me wrong, I think the "Don't deserve" thing is dumb. You do the thing, you deserve the accomplishment. I'm just saying it's ANNOYING to me as a "99er"
Kind of an "old man shouting at clouds" vibe here, though. Why root against these talented women who had nothing to do with the sins of their federation in the past? Both teams have certainly put on a very entertaining show in the first half, especially the Spanish side.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Spain's buildup passing has been excellent. Perfect finish into the corner of the side netting by Carmona. Bronze ran the ball into traffic though.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
So European countries taking all the medal positions. Interesting to see, if this is how it’s going to be from now on, or if the US, Canada and Japan can rebound.
There’s a lot of time until then but these teams are beyond the level of those teams by far maybe except Japan isn’t that far behind.

I think this is a new trend and not a one time thing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
England needs to find an answer for the attack coming down their right side, because they ain’t handling it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Honestly the only reason I want Spain to lose is how much they’re embellishing\diving. Always so theatrical. It’s embarassing.

It’s pretty spectacular how bad England has been flubbing their opportunities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad