All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Have to say when Fleming committed and then threw herself down to block the ball with her back was a top moment in the tournament for me. So dangerous because she could have taken the ball off the back of her head but really put her body on the line for it on top of everything else she did.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Grosso winning it in penalties. What is this? 2006?

Really excited. The transformation in 10 years has been insane. From a team with just Sinclair in 2011, where they lost all 3 round robin games in the 2011 WC and only scored 1 goal in the tournament..to a team that's complete with Sinclair providing the leadership role in 2021. Well deserved Gold for the women and the superb Canadian soccer program..

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Grosso should be a mainstay beside Fleming going forward. Really impressed with her performance.
100%

If Grosso were starting she would be right up there with her in impact IMO. She brought incredible composure and technique to the midfield that Quinn sorely lacks. There's just no reason for Quinn to be in that spot over her.

Reactions: Blender

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
100%

If Grosso were starting she would be right up there with her in impact IMO. She brought incredible composure and technique to the midfield that Quinn sorely lacks. There's just no reason for Quinn to be in that spot over her.
Priestman prefers starting the veterans. Quinn struggled all tournament yet kept being started. TBH I’d have started Huitema over Prince too. Huitema already has more composure on the ball.

The thing I want to see most is Beckie taking the next step. She has a lot of talent, but was inconsistent in the tournament. Maybe still bothered by an injury?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Sweden needs to get Asllani on the ball more.

If not for injury/exhausted, I can't understand why Sweden took of Sophie Jakobsson. Besides Asllani, she is the only techically and speed wise good enough to go past an opponent and make something happen (I'd say she's even better than Asllani in that respect). Hurtig was alright, but not as good even if she was fresher.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Good for the Canadians and Sinclair, its been a long time coming. If they had beaten us in 2012 I think they beat Japan as well

Reactions: NyQuil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Labbe probably Canada’s MVP of the tourney.
Agreed, she was excellent and a big reason why Canada won three knockout games giving up only 1 goal.

The scary thing is that Sheridan is supposed to be even better than her, so Canada should have elite goalkeeping for a while.

Reactions: NyQuil

Aug 3, 2010
Someone needs to be fired or disciplined at CBC for failing to show the medal ceremony.
The absolute disrespect, or even worse, complete and abject ignorance of the moment.

Reactions: Juve

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Someone needs to be fired or disciplined at CBC for failing to show the medal ceremony.
The absolute disrespect, or even worse, complete and abject ignorance of the moment.

They showed it eventually at 12:50 PM which was hours later.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The local team here just moved their coach to the front office.

He had health problems and he let them know so he'll be moving to the front office. Sad to see him go.

Last edited:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The FA WSL apparently pays better with top players making about £200,000 per year, so no surprise women are going over there. Though average pay is still pretty low.
Yep. That is sadly why a lot of talent are looking outside the US. I hope the NWSL is able to fix this so more players will be able to play.

What we learned the last few hours with this article dropping and the local Spirit firing Burke is that women's soccer is fun. But there is still a long way to go in terms of pay and harassment policy (there wasn't any until recently)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad