All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Huitema will be very good, she needs more experience though.
Yes, but right now Sinclair is passed her prime and Huitema needs more experience. We really lack that player, so it makes sense to just defend well and scrape out games.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’ll be honest though. Both teams choked pretty badly there. 2/5? One post each. Sweden with two chances to win it. Canada could’ve tied it a lot earlier too.

Grosso almost got stopped too.

And we kept shooting left for some reason, lol.

Reactions: bluesfan94

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’ll be honest though. Both teams choked pretty badly there. 2/5? One post each. Sweden with two chances to win it. Canada could’ve tied it a lot earlier too.

Grosso almost got stopped too.

And we kept shooting left for some reason, lol.

Nerves.

I saw Italy and Germany’s national men’s teams put up one of the worst PK exhibitions I’d ever seen.

Interesting that the late sub didn’t take a kick.

Reactions: Cloned

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Labbe used to warm up here for the Spirit (local women's soccer club) either as a starter or backup and I have met Labbe before and she is a good person

Good for her.

Reactions: NyQuil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nerves.

I saw Italy and Germany’s national men’s teams put up one of the worst PK exhibitions I’d ever seen.

Interesting that the late sub didn’t take a kick.

True. Although shooting left every time felt like it was a mind game. Or maybe they just weren’t disguising their kicks very well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Fleming is for sure MVP for me.
It’s pretty close between her and Labbe. I’d actually give the edge to Labbe given how many big game changing stops she made, both in free play and penalties. If we had a worse goalkeeper we don’t win these games 1-0.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
True. Although shooting left every time felt like it was a mind game. Or maybe they just weren’t disguising their kicks very well.

The few steps and kick approach always irks me.

Get some momentum behind it and the goalie can’t react fast enough.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The few steps and kick approach always irks me.

Get some momentum behind it and the goalie can’t react fast enough.
It just depends on what technique you feel comfortable with. Some people can’t control the power or direction as well going with that much speed.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well Congrats to Canada.. I watched until I had to leave for work so I'll catch the PK's later..

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Fair enough.

We didn’t create a whole lot all tournament IMO which made me question selecting a positional player.
I just have to go with her because she's a dominant presence in the midfield and scored those two huge penalties for us in critical moments. I still remember when she first played for them at 15. :laugh:

Reactions: YNWA14 and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It just depends on what technique you feel comfortable with. Some people can’t control the power or direction as well going with that much speed.

I think the ladies in particular need a little more power on those shots or they have to be absolutely perfectly placed.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
If Canada can permanently become one of the top nations in women's soccer, that would be incredible. Christine Sinclair is one of the greatest Canadian athletes ever in any sport, and now there's a new generation of talent to keep things going.

I've never been a big soccer fan, but I've loved wawtching this team grow since the 2012 bronze.

Reactions: Oryxo

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Canada can permanently become one of the top nations in women's soccer, that would be incredible. Christine Sinclair is one of the greatest Canadian athletes ever in any sport, and now there's a new generation of talent to keep things going.

Depends on your definition of top nation.

I think we are a top 10 team in general.

I think we played better in 2012 but had some bad luck.

Reactions: Blender

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Very awesome to get the gold
I feel bad for the Swedish players though, they were so close

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think the ladies in particular need a little more power on those shots or they have to be absolutely perfectly placed.
If you place it well enough it shouldn’t matter. Remember that the keepers in women’s soccer aren’t as tall either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad