AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
5 years ago this could've been a killer NXT Takeover main event

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Malakai Black covered in strawberry preserves.

Adam Copeland trying to do Seth Rollins redux

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Toni Storm and Serena Deeb has a different person playing the face and heel every week

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryan and Dave got into a pretty decent argument over this last week, and I imagine Bryan has a big I told you so for him that they keep switching
They put Toni and Mariah (who is definitely a face) against heels and then they kissed them for the finish. Nobody’s gonna boo them.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Post Taco Bell:

1716508712164.png

• Haha
Reactions: GKJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Takeshita is apparently not happy

Other reports of some AEW talent not happy with the direction. Inconsistent direction and/or overall lack of TV time.

Meanwhile you have other performers who only want to work 1 day a month and cut some promos to fill the gaps in between.

Low advanced ticket sales for their TV tapings. Who buys tickets to a live pro wrestling event well in advance with no real idea of who will be appearing? Someone needs to tell Tony that unlike WWE, the AEW brand is not a draw and it's the performers themselves who put butts in seats.

I've had my hand slapped by mods here for "trolling" AEW fans with criticism of the company but Tony Khan is a shitty business person, a shitty promotor, and a shitty manager and AEW is effectively now a farm system for WWE. When the top talent's contracts are up, they will be leveraging their national TV exposure and heading up to the cozy confines of the Paul Levesque machine. Imagine if Okada had signed with WWE. With all the top talent on hiatus right now, he'd have this massive platform and would already be headlining PLCs looking like a superstar. Instead in AEW, he comes across as just another wrestler from Japan that can't cut promos.

Althought I will say, if Konosuke wants success in NA, maybe don't use a last name that sounds like you're about to take a dump. Old Vince would of nipped that issue in the bud right away. Then again, maybe he wouldn't, considering his fascination with human feces.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave had a lot to say both about parts of the roster being unhappy with their TV time and his belief that they aren't creating new, young stars.
He’s right. AEW has almost no young talent, the young talent they do have are in ROH not being seen, and the stars that do level up have eyes on WWE.

Other than the people they bring over from Japan, it’s a weigh station for folks who either couldn’t get through a WWE tryout, or hit the wall there and just want to be more creatively fulfilled, and I like that for the talent, it’s a higher stage than it was when TNA was the option, but AEW isn’t here to just wait for folks in WWE to get cut. Dolph Ziggler not even gonna bother.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One specific example was Satnam Singh and Obi Femi who have been in their respective companies for the same amount of time.

Singh has wrestled 28 matches with only 2 being singles matches where has Obi has wrestled 38 matches with 31 singles and many more of his matches have been in arenas and/or on TV.

Point being the younger, newer guys aren't getting the development and reps to really have a chance to become higher end talent.

There isn't a way for them to create a Melo, Trick, or Tiffany totally in house ATM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad