AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One specific example was Satnam Singh and Obi Femi who have been in their respective companies for the same amount of time.

Singh has wrestled 28 matches with only 2 being singles matches where has Obi has wrestled 38 matches with 31 singles and many more of his matches have been in arenas and/or on TV.

Point being the younger, newer guys aren't getting the development and reps to really have a chance to become higher end talent.

There isn't a way for them to create a Melo, Trick, or Tiffany totally in house ATM.
Oba, not Obi.

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Good enough of a show to keep me from changing to Stars/Oilers.

This might be an opportunity to let Caster out of the rapping gimmick. Try something else. He’s lost his touch.

Mariah May’s moveset is crazy good to go with everything else. Just a matter of time until she’s the face of the division.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good enough of a show to keep me from changing to Stars/Oilers.

This might be an opportunity to let Caster out of the rapping gimmick. Try something else. He’s lost his touch.

Mariah May’s moveset is crazy good to go with everything else. Just a matter of time until she’s the face of the division.
She’s one of the three best women already in the company.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Other reports of some AEW talent not happy with the direction. Inconsistent direction and/or overall lack of TV time.

Meanwhile you have other performers who only want to work 1 day a month and cut some promos to fill the gaps in between.

Low advanced ticket sales for their TV tapings. Who buys tickets to a live pro wrestling event well in advance with no real idea of who will be appearing? Someone needs to tell Tony that unlike WWE, the AEW brand is not a draw and it's the performers themselves who put butts in seats.

I've had my hand slapped by mods here for "trolling" AEW fans with criticism of the company but Tony Khan is a shitty business person, a shitty promotor, and a shitty manager and AEW is effectively now a farm system for WWE. When the top talent's contracts are up, they will be leveraging their national TV exposure and heading up to the cozy confines of the Paul Levesque machine. Imagine if Okada had signed with WWE. With all the top talent on hiatus right now, he'd have this massive platform and would already be headlining PLCs looking like a superstar. Instead in AEW, he comes across as just another wrestler from Japan that can't cut promos.

Althought I will say, if Konosuke wants success in NA, maybe don't use a last name that sounds like you're about to take a dump. Old Vince would of nipped that issue in the bud right away. Then again, maybe he wouldn't, considering his fascination with human feces.
I don't blame Okada. He saw the wonders that AEW has done for Jay White and hoped he'd get the same rocket strapped to his back.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't blame Okada. He saw the wonders that AEW has done for Jay White and hoped he'd get the same rocket strapped to his back.
They do have Okada at the top, working with the Bucks and against Danielson and eventually Omega. He had friends in higher places, but I don’t think he can raise his profile much more than it was. WWE would’ve have definitely been a better challenge.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
They do have Okada at the top, working with the Bucks and against Danielson and eventually Omega. He had friends in higher places, but I don’t think he can raise his profile much more than it was. WWE would’ve have definitely been a better challenge.
Being honest I get completely why Okada would go to AEW. It's not really a serious promotion, but the pay and schedule are great. Okada presumably isn't trying to build his legacy given what he's accomplished in New Japan. The older I get the more I understand wrestlers going for a ton of money paired with an easy schedule. White really did f*** up with his choice but I assume Okada knew what he wanted and acted accordingly.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

White may just be my favorite promo in wrestling right now. Juice Robinson when he was healthy was a great supporting cast member and gave BCG it's flavor.

BCG (or is it the Bang Bang Gang only now?) are absolutely being wasted. Although I will say, as far as entrance music and how their entrance is produced and filmed, might be the best one AEW has ever put together.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
White may just be my favorite promo in wrestling right now. Juice Robinson when he was healthy was a great supporting cast member and gave BCG it's flavor.

BCG (or is it the Bang Bang Gang only now?) are absolutely being wasted. Although I will say, as far as entrance music and how their entrance is produced and filmed, might be the best one AEW has ever put together.
Think it’s just Bang Bang Gang now. The Gunns original entrance song I thought was one of the best they had.

Reactions: BruinDust

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am watching on Xfinity PPV and the word graphic will not go away. Is this happening for anyone else?
20240526_184513.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure why it took until year 3 to make the Owen tournaments get a title shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad