Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Totally disagree. Remember Finals against St Louis and think about how they at times physically dominated us. Not looking for that to happen again. Guys like Simmonds and Jumbo would even the playing field.

As for Simmonds being awful at hockey, I think 6 seasons of 20+ goals shows he can play hockey. Maybe not much lately but change can make a player rebound. IMO.

I love how Simmonds is awful but has more goals than Heinen and one less than Bjork.

Not saying goals are all that matters but neither is speed.

You need a mix and while Bjork brings speed and Heinen brings poke checks, Simmonds brings toughness and leadership.

If you’re at game 60 and are part of a group that hasn’t scored 10 goals yet....you’ve got to offer other things to help the team.

Simmonds at least wouldn’t be redundant here.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The goal is to upgrade on Heinen

Sinmonds is useless, unless it’s to challenge for a 4th line spot

Agreed.

But IMO if they can’t grab a Kreider/Palmieri and we’re at the 11th hour, I’d be fine with Simmonds.

Disappointed but fine with it.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I love how Simmonds is awful but has more goals than Heinen and one less than Bjork.

You need a mix and while Bjork brings speed and Heinen brings poke checks, Simmonds brings toughness and leadership.

If you’re at game 60 and are part of a group that hasn’t scored 10 goals yet....you’ve got to offer other things to help the team.

Still same hole there though.Need a top 6 guy.

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
Tha

Thank you!!! You get it. We can’t win if we’re pushed around. We need a blend of speed, grit and smarts.

Reactions: sarge88

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

You do realize that 5 or Simmonds 8 goals are on the PP. Also neither Heinen or Bjork have played 60 games yet this season while Simmonds has.

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
It
You do realize that 5 or Simmonds 8 goals are on the PP. Also neither Heinen or Bjork have played 60 games yet this season while Simmonds has.
its not just about goals and points, it’s about presence on and off the ice. Simmonds brings both. I can’t guarantee it but would bet that he will help us come playoff time.

Reactions: sarge88

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Simmonds would bring way more then them right now in a playoff run at this point in careers though.That said I cannot see Bruins going that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad