Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Although I agree with you and would love a (the right) deal today
I've been involved in deals that culminated or came down to the last few minutes because that's everybody's "drop dead" moment. That's when the best deal that I can make coincides with the best deal the other guy would ever make. When the BP and heart rate and sweat production all coincide and the two sides are essentially naked and at their most vulnerable to get it done. It's the sweet spot, the eleventh hour!

Sure it’s exciting.

But the Devils don’t have to sell Palmieri, neither Chicago with the Hawks.

This team has a serious shot at the Cup and I’d rather not miss it, or play with it.

Just get it done.

Agreed.

But IMO if they can’t grab a Kreider/Palmieri and we’re at the 11th hour, I’d be fine with Simmonds.

Disappointed but fine with it.

I wouldn’t, it would be a sign of total failure.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
W

why not give it a shot??
Exactly what I don't understand. WTF have they been waiting for all season? It is ridiculous that this hasn't been given a chance.
Even if he worked out there it's valuable experience. They could still make a trade to shore up the position and in the meantime Stud could be spotted in at center in the less important games or if a center was wilting (Kuraly).

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wait now you’re taking the other side of the Simmonds arguement? Oh good I’m glad I was able to help you see more clearly

Fact is this teams forwards are too soft.

They aren’t getting Wilson, probably not a Foligno either.

If they can grab Simmonds as a support piece, it would be a good move.

Relying on soft players like Heinen and Bjork in the playoffs is destined to fail.

Move one (Bjork) as part of a deal for the Palmieri/Kreider level player and use Heinen or other pieces to get Simmonds and this team immediately has a much better chance at winning a cup.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Thinking some folk rank stud way to high here. I could be wrong but to me he’s the next C Kelly.
Kelly was 24 and needed 3 full years in the AHL before he produced close to what Studnicka is doing now. And he did that on a stacked Ottawa AHL team during the lockout. He was 5th on that team in scoring. Studnicka is leading providence in goals and assists turing 21 years old just a few days ago and is a good 200ft player. Kelly at the same age had 3 goals 3 assists in 31 games. 6 points in 31 games vs 41 in 52 is roughly 4x more offensive production. You are WAY off here. Unless you think he could become a far more offensively skilled Chris Kelly and at that point why not compare him to someone else? He is closer in both age and productivity to another current Bruin who played in the AHL during the lockout, Patrice Bergeron..

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sure it’s exciting.

But the Devils don’t have to sell Palmieri, neither Chicago with the Hawks.

This team has a serious shot at the Cup and I’d rather not miss it, or play with it.

Just get it done.

I wouldn’t, it would be a sign of total failure.
Exactly!

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Fact is this teams forwards are too soft.

They aren’t getting Wilson, probably not a Foligno either.

If they can grab Simmonds as a support piece, it would be a good move.

Relying on soft players like Heinen and Bjork in the playoffs is destined to fail.

Move one (Bjork) as part of a deal for the Palmieri/Kreider level player and use Heinen or other pieces to get Simmonds and this team immediately has a much better chance at winning a cup.

Bro under no circumstance are you gonna get me to change my mind on Wayne Simmonds. I’m dug in on washed up players that can’t skate. I mean you can keep going with this but this is why I said agree to disagree 4 exchanges ago.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bro under no circumstance are you gonna get me to change my mind on Wayne Simmonds. I’m dug I’m on washed up players. I mean you can keep going with this but this is why I said agree to disagree 4 exchanges ago

You’re doing it wrong.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I think that unless we acquire a 22 year old 6'6" 250 lb right wing, who hits hit Tom Wilson, scores like Pasta, thinks the game like Bergy, skates like Lauko , kills penalties, and has a 1 M cap hit for 5 years, a lot of people are going to hate it.....Oh and we acquire said player for Cehlarik and a 5th

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think that unless we acquire a 22 year old 6'6" 250 lb right wing, who hits hit Tom Wilson, scores like Pasta, thinks the game like Bergy, skates like Lauko , kills penalties, and has a 1 M cap hit for 5 years, a lot of people are going to hate it.....Oh and we acquire said player for Cehlarik and a 5th
NO TOO MUCH!!! Just Cehlarik!:sarcasm::laugh:

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Clifton is a scratch today for Providence, per Divver. He is on a conditioning stint with Providence so I'm not sure how long that lasts for and how that comes into play since he's waiver eligible and can't just be sent down.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Clifton scratched in Providence. Played last night if I'm not mistaken, could just be bringing him back slowly. OR they're trading him.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad