Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Kelly isn't going to get you Palmieri.
It wouldn’t make sense for the bruins to include Studnicka in ANY deal involving Palmieri . It wouldn’t make sense signing him beyond next year he’s a 1.5 and done. Because by his age he would be over 30 looking for a 5 year deal... no thanks

Vaak
2020 2nd
2021 first
If not cease all discussions it’s not that hard.

The devil fans want and can’t blame them for wanting this but it’s a NO they want the 2021 first, and any TWO of Beecher, Vaak, Stud. They aren’t getting that so no use of even talking about it or discussing it IMO

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You do realize that 5 or Simmonds 8 goals are on the PP. Also neither Heinen or Bjork have played 60 games yet this season while Simmonds has.

All I know is that I’d be embarrassed if I were Heinen or Bjork and I was in the same general group, goal scoring/wise as a guy who apparently sucks at hockey.

Reactions: Bruin4ever

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Tha

Thank you!!! You get it. We can’t win if we’re pushed around. We need a blend of speed, grit and smarts.

You do realize there’s a thing as being too reactionary right? Ok so you want Simmonds and Jumbo to have a response for the Blues physicality then you end up playing Colorado in the finals then what happens? Picture in your head how useless those 2 players would be against a skating team like the Avs. It just makes zero sense. Make what moves you think makes your own team improves and that’s it

Reactions: Jdavidev

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agreed.

But IMO if they can’t grab a Kreider/Palmieri and we’re at the 11th hour, I’d be fine with Simmonds.

Disappointed but fine with it.
If all that Sweeney does is Kase and Simmonds at this point in the core's career here it would be a huge indictment of his performance as a GM. He would be judged by it big time if/when we're eliminated early. He needs to make a splash and cover the NEEDS now. A twice concussed Kase and a geriatric guy on stilts is not going to cut it IMHO.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
For a signed Palmieri I'd be very concerned. He'll be 30 when his new deal would kick in and he's probably looking for a long term 5 year contract. Signing 30+ year olds to long term deals is usually not a good idea.
I think that he's saying that a "signed Palmieri" means that he's signed for 1.5 more seasons. Kreider for example is unsigned past this year.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I got buds that want

DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka

starting mid March
It's a better idea than Kuhlman, or Heinen IMO. Only if a trade for a proven 2rh/RW isn't made. Kase is a big question mark at this point to say he's the answer.

Reactions: sarge88

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Deal with Chi/MTL 3 way trade involving Kovalchuk, Moore, 4th Round bruins pick, 3rd round Chi pick.
Deal with NJD involving Heinen, 2nd, vaak for Palmieri

63 - 37 - 88
17/74 - 46 - 21
17/74 - 13 - 10
83 - 52 - 14
81/20

33 - 73
47 - 25
48 - 79

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
You do realize there’s a thing as being too reactionary right? Ok so you want Simmonds and Jumbo to have a response for the Blues physicality then you end up playing Colorado in the finals then what happens? Picture in your head how useless those 2 players would be against a skating team like the Avs. It just makes zero sense. Make what moves you think makes your own team improves and that’s it
We don’t have guys that can skate with the Av’s?!? Are you kidding me. It makes zero sense to having nothing left in the tank after being pounded by bigger teams because all we worried about was skating. IMO.

Reactions: Strafer

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Palmieri or Saad please
Reposting what I said in the last thread since it got locked right after I posted it...

I want no part of Saad unless Chicago is retaining 50%, which they won't.

It's not that I don't like the player, I do. But shedding Backes money was important not only for this season, but also the off-season. After the retention, you shed 4.5 mil for this offseason, but brought in 2.8 with Kase.

It's one thing to take Palmieri and his 4.65 for next year, and not have it hamper your plans, as there are ways to move most of that money out. However, adding Saad's 6 million on top of Kase, and the 1.5 million retention just isn't sustainable IMO.

They need to sign DeBrusk, Bjork, and Grzyleck as RFAs, and still have enough for Krug, and potentially Chara as well if he wants to come back.

If Saad was a rental, I'd be way more on board with it, but I'm not potentially losing the room to sing Krug because of him.

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
We don’t have guys that can skate with the Av’s?!? Are you kidding me. It makes zero sense to having nothing left in the tank after being pounded by bigger teams because all we worried about was skating. IMO.

just to clarify i am still wanting a scorer to help 2nd line but I still think we need bigger and tougher in the line up.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’m not worried about anything other then adding old, useless washed up players who were good a decade ago

Much better to rely on young fast never will be’s.

You need a mix.

Can’t win with a bottom 6 of Simmonds, Heinens or Bjorks.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Much better to rely on young fast never will be’s.

You need a mix.

Can’t win with a bottom 6 of Simmonds, Heinens or Bjorks.

Wait now you’re taking the other side of the Simmonds arguement? Oh good I’m glad I was able to help you see more clearly

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
In the end, the Kase deal will have been the "big" deadline acquisition. With the asking prices on the Palmieris and Kreiders, Sweeney will not compromise the very little bit of blue chip forward prospects in their pipeline (Studnicka, Beecher), especially not for an organization that will have given up 2 1st rounders in the last 3 years.

That's just the reality of it folks, not much trade bait. Nobody will give you high end talent for the Heinens, Moores, Senyshyns, Zborils, etc.

Reactions: chrisab123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad