Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Speed, puck handling, vision, confidence carrying the puck, two way play, big numbers in college as a 20 year old...

bjork is incredibly underrated around these parts, IMO. he learned a few good lessons this year (mainly don't
skate through the middle of the ice with your head down), and i saw glimpses of pretty high-end play from him.
he's behind the 8-ball a little bit with the injury/rehab, but i have a feeling he'll be 'ready' from day 1. love his
burst and energy out there, think he's a slam dunk top 9 guy.

To me Bjork has the most dynamic offensive talent of the 4 young wings (vs. Donato, Debrusk, and Heinen).

Doesn't mean he'll turn out the best player, but if you look at just skill-sets for generating offense (skating, shiftiness, shooting, stick-handling, etc.) he has the best overall combination of those offensive skill-sets.

Flashback a year ago and Bjork was viewed among many around here as the BEST forward prospect and the one most likely to be in Boston on a scoring line in 2017-18, not Debrusk or Heinen.

And he can play his off-wing (RW) on a team that needs players at that position.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
To me Bjork has the most dynamic offensive talent of the 4 young wings (vs. Donato, Debrusk, and Heinen).

Doesn't mean he'll turn out the best player, but if you look at just skill-sets for generating offense (skating, shiftiness, shooting, stick-handling, etc.) he has the best overall combination of those offensive skill-sets.

Flashback a year ago and Bjork was viewed among many around here as the BEST forward prospect and the one most likely to be in Boston on a scoring line in 2017-18, not Debrusk or Heinen.

And he can play his off-wing (RW) on a team that needs players at that position.
Havent heard anything on Bjork. Has he gotten the ok to work out? if he doesn't, don't expect him to make the team.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I agree with those here. Bjork has the highest ceiling. Really excited to see what he can put together with a little more weight and a full season. Dynamic skating and creativity.

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
no clue who has the higher/highest ceiling, too many factors can influence things but man is it exciting as a Bruins fan to know that we have kids like Bjork/Donato/Jake and Heinen and many more just beginning their careers. Each seem to offer different elements.

Really excited to see what the next wave will be like, the Studnicka/JFK/Frederic`s up front, Lauzon/Zboril/Vaak on the back end.. good times

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Bjork definately has the tools to succeed

Imo, hes a quicker version of Heinen.

I hope he comes back healthy from his injury cuz he can easily fit in our top 9.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I hope he comes back healthy from his injury cuz he can easily fit in our top 9.

I think Heinen has the better hockey brain at this point from what I've seen. That's what makes him so good- he's a heady player. Bjork might be that guy, too, but I think the sample size is on the small side. He does have better physical tools that Heinen, I agree.

Reactions: BMC

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think Heinen has the better hockey brain at this point from what I've seen. That's what makes him so good- he's a heady player. Bjork might be that guy, too, but I think the sample size is on the small side. He does have better physical tools that Heinen, I agree.

Heinen is very underrated....especially his shot.

I just think overall, Bjork has a higher ceiling. He was very raw last year, but when he was on his game he could dominant a shift which was impressive.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Imo, you can technically say we have to replace both of the Nash's goal production....I think Bjork and Donato can do that.

Heinen next year needs to start on the 3rd line as he's the most responsible 2 way winger we have from our youngsters.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What I'm interested in seeing is how the young kids fair when it comes to the heavy hitting game.
I'm hoping that they can beef up asap, it's as important as honing their hockey IQ etc. IMO Donato and DeBrusk took a beating during the Tampa series, not their fault. If they can't add substantial muscle and ability to man up when it comes to the physical game they'll have injury riddled careers. Skating with their heads down and trying to constantly roll-off the check is suicide to a teams playoff ambitions. Be the hammer, not the nail!

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
yes, Kanye. people are having the conversation that is available where they wish there was a hint of further free-agent and/or trade activity. wrong thread! reply elsewhere! maybe you meant a rod.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
And this is my argument about just relying on prospects. "They might be" "They could be ". I get the risks of rebuilding but they have done well so far, I hate the idea of just giving away seasons when a couple of moves could put you over the top. But I do look at winning one Cup every ten years or so as being much better than being a perennial contender that never wins.

Main complaint is still too many similar style prospects at forward and on the team. Again a couple tweaks and they could have one of the best forward groups in the league, even if Toronto had Tavares

I think the way you mitigate the "might be/could be's" is by having a lot of similar prospects vying for the same spots. Odds are, they're going to hit on one of Donato/Bjork, on one of JFK/Frederic/Studnicka, on one of Zboril/Vaak, etc...

I also think the league is driven by youth now. A team with a big group of young upstarts trying to prove themselves is going to have more energy and drive on a nightly basis than a team full of established vets. We've seen how veteran-laden teams get complacent. There's a lot to be said for the speed and enthusiasm kids bring to a lineup.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Who is Katz?

Edit: an owner?

slightly controversial owner...

surrounds himself with ex oilers he was a fan of growing up... strike 1

is well reputed to tell his scouts to draft yakupov over their objections... strike 2

and now has broken the agreement with the old arena... forced his way into a tax payer supported down town arena... is paying his share by forcing a lot of control over the down town redevelopment. getting a lot of tax breaks... a lot of subsidies...

im pretty sure any bruin fan that wants him as owner here really hasn't much grasp on just what is going on in edmonton

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
might be interesting to see what teams still have legitimate smoke around them that they are trying to make moves... and see if we might fit with them?

Chicago seems to be making a move to acquire a dman or a scoring forward... but are offering futures... seems to leave us out

caroliana still has the crazy owner wanting to redo his team chemistry... that seems a possibility for us

Ottawa might be moving more expensive pieces for cheap pieces... that seems a possibility for us too

Columbus has a problem with panarin... but he doesn't seem to want to be here... not much opening there

Pittsburgh might trade kessel but if they do, seems they would want help back. would krug for kessel make any sense?

montreal and us... aren't likely

Edmonton and us... aren't likely

could dallas be a home for krecji? seems they want a second line scoring center with spezza failing... but that leaves us short at center.

whats going on with the islanders? and do they have anything at all we would want?

rangers are reportedly still rebuilding and still willing to move vets for kids... might lead to something down the road I guess...

we have a few possibilities here of fits... but then you add in the hassal of managing the cap... it gets harder. I see a lot of posters here wanting legitimate rumors... real rumors... but those very rarely ever come out. think back... there hasn't been many that ever got leaked here that ever came true

I hate to be the rain on that parade. but there is a very real reason for that.

doesn't mean there aren't fires being stoked... and doesn't mean our insiders might not know something. if they do find out crap and if they blab it... they will soon be out of the loop

insiders can only say what they are supposed to say... or their sources stop leaking to them

when we were after Tavares... Tavares camp was the leak. they were holding the press announcements. it was impossible for boston to remain anonymous. that's not how boston does its business

that was a special case for a special player

it did cause specualation… if we got Tavares how can we afford it? how would it be possible?

so the krug/backes/krecji rumors were fuled on speculation. once everyone knew we might be after Tavares, it naturally created feelers for these guys

doesn't mean we intended to trade anyone if we didn't get Tavares {and we didn't get him} just means we would have needed to trade someone if we did get Tavares {we didn't}

so anyhow... could we be after someone big? we went after nash last year. I think its clear the team feels a big winger on krejcis line would work best. we were rumored after jvr until the price on him went insane.

we have 8 dmen… does that mean we are still shopping krug for the big elusive winger?

krug for kessel? {hes not that big}
krug for skinner? {hes not that big either}

will we trade with Vancouver since we have connections there and try to get us Virtanen? are they willing to move Virtanen?

I think its hard to say we are in the talk for any of these opportunities. between cap considerations and how quickly we plugged our holes... I think things might be status quo until training camp

sorry if that bores everyone and makes this thread rather redundant... but my gut says we wont be getting any more big news now for the next couple months

Reactions: Strafer

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
might be interesting to see what teams still have legitimate smoke around them that they are trying to make moves... and see if we might fit with them?

Chicago seems to be making a move to acquire a dman or a scoring forward... but are offering futures... seems to leave us out

caroliana still has the crazy owner wanting to redo his team chemistry... that seems a possibility for us

Ottawa might be moving more expensive pieces for cheap pieces... that seems a possibility for us too

Columbus has a problem with panarin... but he doesn't seem to want to be here... not much opening there

Pittsburgh might trade kessel but if they do, seems they would want help back. would krug for kessel make any sense?

montreal and us... aren't likely

Edmonton and us... aren't likely

could dallas be a home for krecji? seems they want a second line scoring center with spezza failing... but that leaves us short at center.

whats going on with the islanders? and do they have anything at all we would want?

rangers are reportedly still rebuilding and still willing to move vets for kids... might lead to something down the road I guess...

we have a few possibilities here of fits... but then you add in the hassal of managing the cap... it gets harder. I see a lot of posters here wanting legitimate rumors... real rumors... but those very rarely ever come out. think back... there hasn't been many that ever got leaked here that ever came true

I hate to be the rain on that parade. but there is a very real reason for that.

doesn't mean there aren't fires being stoked... and doesn't mean our insiders might not know something. if they do find out crap and if they blab it... they will soon be out of the loop

insiders can only say what they are supposed to say... or their sources stop leaking to them

when we were after Tavares... Tavares camp was the leak. they were holding the press announcements. it was impossible for boston to remain anonymous. that's not how boston does its business

that was a special case for a special player

it did cause specualation… if we got Tavares how can we afford it? how would it be possible?

so the krug/backes/krecji rumors were fuled on speculation. once everyone knew we might be after Tavares, it naturally created feelers for these guys

doesn't mean we intended to trade anyone if we didn't get Tavares {and we didn't get him} just means we would have needed to trade someone if we did get Tavares {we didn't}

so anyhow... could we be after someone big? we went after nash last year. I think its clear the team feels a big winger on krejcis line would work best. we were rumored after jvr until the price on him went insane.

we have 8 dmen… does that mean we are still shopping krug for the big elusive winger?

krug for kessel? {hes not that big}
krug for skinner? {hes not that big either}

will we trade with Vancouver since we have connections there and try to get us Virtanen? are they willing to move Virtanen?

I think its hard to say we are in the talk for any of these opportunities. between cap considerations and how quickly we plugged our holes... I think things might be status quo until training camp

sorry if that bores everyone and makes this thread rather redundant... but my gut says we wont be getting any more big news now for the next couple months
Hi wa

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site

I don’t know if anyone posted this. Sounds like he will be ready to go for camp

I was watching some highlights of him. His height, explosive skating, left handed shot and wearing #10... he looks like a poor mans Pavel Bure. That’s obviously a crazy comparison, but I think he will end up being really good.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Having struck out on JT and Kovy, and not matching up with Columbus for Panerin unless a third team is involved, I believe Sweeney us settling in on internal solutions for the time being.

Bjork, Cehlarik, Heinen and Donato will compete for top nine forward spots hoping some can repeat DeBrusk and McAvoy's success last season.

If they all remain healthy it will be a spirited Traing a Camp to say the least.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hope you are correct . I am not convinced Danato is ready for the NHL he may have the offense but his defense and strength look weak to me in limited viewings and none in person.
Agreed he looks to need to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle. He has the talent but physically he's really going to need to beef up (as do the other prospects) but that's probably true of any NHL rookie. Of course, he didn't have a full season with the big club and he was still taking courses etc when he joined the B's. Maybe with full immersion, no school work and a steady schedule of 24/7 hockey he'll be on the fast track to manhood!

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I hope you are correct . I am not convinced Danato is ready for the NHL he may have the offense but his defense and strength look weak to me in limited viewings and none in person.

Very very very poor man's version of T.Hall.

As long as he plays average defense, he will find his way in a top 6 role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad