Confirmed with Link: Alexis Lafreniere Signs Extension [7Y/7.45M AAV]

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Phenomenal contract for the Rangers, and I'm very happy to have him locked up long-term. He's not super vocal outside of the caged answers you usually get from players, but I give him a ton of credit for quietly going about working his ass off to improve his game the last two years, and it's paid off by him consistently being one of our best players night after night.

He's the future of this Rangers forward core, and he's earned it.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Drury did great with this contract but we need to remember this is buying rfa years and ufa years. This is not a ufa contract. It's still really solid business by Drury.

It also creates a little bit of a paradox. Right now players are applauding laffy for the deal. That kind of spits in Igor's face with what's going on there. Now laffys contract either can be viewed as leaving more money for Igor OR it turns into a thing that others attack Igor over based on what he is asking for in contrast to laffys deal.

The biggest issue for NYR is they don't have any other goalie options.

I am also curious now that this deal is done how long till laffy gets cycles into pp1. Would love to see him take the right half wall and move panarin to the left wall for a few games while mika sorts things out. The pp1 needs a lhs besides kreider somewhere bc it becomes too predictable as is against good teams without a one time shot threat anywhere besides the left dot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad