Confirmed with Link: Alexis Lafreniere Signs Extension [7Y/7.45M AAV]

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Kid is turning into a game changer before our eyes.flying all over the ice looking to make things happen.he's skating the best he ever has in his young career.he finally understands what it takes to succeed in this league.it also helps he's playing with Bread,who's playing like a Hart candidate

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I said somewhere on here the other day that the points would start coming if he kept THIS play up. There will be ups and downs but I expect that by last quarter of this season he’ll be close to a ppg player. By that I don’t mean 82 points on the season, but maybe 20 points in the last 20 games or so. I think he’s a ppg player or close for the season next year. Maybe more if he somehow magically ends up on PP1.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Everyone voted for him, he had the most star votes of the team during his time here
Laf has the most star votes today. Don’t worry. You’re out there liking anti-Kakko posts in the PGT. Fun way to celebrate the win. Probably helping you cope with not being able to bash Laf for the moment. Don’t worry. He will have a bad game soon!

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Did we keep the receipts for all the people who said to trade him for peanuts?

He always has had the skill to be a good player. Everyone who said “he’s not good at anything ergo he has no skill” was confusinf the fact that he was mentally lost with having no skill.

Laviolette has gotten through to him and now he’s flashing consistently. Is he blowing the doors off like a McDavid? No but you see the first line player in there now. I said, in the pits of despair months ago, that I still saw a Kyle Connor caliber player in there and I still do.

PS Kakko is now the one who is lost and Lavi needs to get through to him too. He’s better than he’s shown.

He's always been productive 5v5. He's had to be. The difference now is he's stapled to the top six and attached to Panarin, and the two of them are feeding off each other. Amazing what a better opportunity will do for someone.

The interesting thing to consider is, while I understand he’s sucked on the Pp to date in his career, what happens if he figures out the PP?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean if I was gonna be pessamistic I'd say that so far he hasn't shown he can be the play driver on his line and he's riding shotgun to Panarin, but honestly...that's fineat the moment. Because he's getting more confidence out there and working with Panarin to create chances, not just letting Panarin bounce passes off his ass or something.
In a magical world he busts out and uses this opportunity and confidence to become that line driving player, but I'll still be cautious about hoping for that. But I am happy with how he's playing

Reactions: frozenrubber

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The main complaint coming into this season was that he was just too 'passive' all over the ice and didn't really display any high-end skills, especially not on a consistent basis; so it's been great to see him be a driver on the ice through these first dozen games.
Now he just needs to see whether he can maintain this level

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean if I was gonna be pessamistic I'd say that so far he hasn't shown he can be the play driver on his line and he's riding shotgun to Panarin, but honestly...that's fineat the moment. Because he's getting more confidence out there and working with Panarin to create chances, not just letting Panarin bounce passes off his ass or something.
In a magical world he busts out and uses this opportunity and confidence to become that line driving player, but I'll still be cautious about hoping for that. But I am happy with how he's playing

He's not a passenger, he's creating shit himself. He's not THE driver but why would he be? Panarin right now is a significantly better player than him and that's fine. Frankly the odds of MOST #1 overalls ever becoming better players than Panarin are slim.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
The interesting thing to consider is, while I understand he’s sucked on the Pp to date in his career, what happens if he figures out the PP?
The thing is he hasn’t scored much on the PP because his PP shifts in past seasons have been 30 seconds mostly starting outside of the O Zone and NO ONE is going is going to rack up PP points like that. We have no real idea if he sucks on the PP or not. This year his pp shifts have improved to 50 secs or so, still with the second tier scorers, so even if he “figures out the PP” it won’t be PP1 type numbers.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad