Value of: Alexis Lafrenière in a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
81GP, 16G/23A, only 135 SOG last season

Already has played 216 NHL games

Right now, he produces like Beauvillier or Pageau of a hundred others . . . what's the point of trading him? Who's going to give a significant piece if he hasn't proven much?

Reactions: mattyboy

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rs do not have to make a 'fair' offer b'c LaF value, objectively, projects to rise, b'c:
- his skating was atrocious at best first half of his elc, and now is par/just above par and seems to slowly being improving; and
- he demonstrates production w/chemistry on kid line, which is trending up and will increase further if they listen to bern, keep the kid line together, and make it 2nd or even 1st line = mo mins

he is not the next Jagr; he IS the next Steve Vickers, imo

Rs need to insist sufficiently high value be respected plus profit incentive to deal without getting greedy and overplaying their hand. But suitors must acknowledge NY is not forced to move LaF at this point.

What does that mean?
Value to Canada based teams is higher due to marketing considerations, which means $$$$, which should not be ignored, but not overestimated.
Generic: -- generally:
Rs will seek/imo accept, best offer in preferred currency, which ideally is pick(s) as principal piece due to adds side benefit of youth and more immediately important, helps with slowing cap pressure.

All serious offers are welcome.
Presumption is Canada based teams get additional value from marketing standpoint.

Rs have to press this to their advantage while not overplaying their hand.

Crazy overpayment not required, but you must present a need for us to take what you put on the table; reasonable overpayment.

btw - for which team are you thinking here

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Top 10 pick +

He's already scoring at a 2nd line level while playing 3rd line minutes and 2nd PP, at the age of 21. He was 2nd among Ranger F's in hits. And he's cheap. The Rangers have no reason to move him at present, barring a significant overpay. They're not going to replace his current production for less money, let alone any improvements he'll make as he develops further.

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Would everyone think he was a bust if he was a one way cherry picker who put up a ppg but wouldn't go back past his own blueline? Kid plays a good two way game. He gets almost no PP time. When he gets more opportunity he will get better numbers. Not interested in trading him.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Inexpensive 40pt(ish) player.

Why are we moving him???

If we are getting the same level production back, I ask again, WHY are we moving him?

The folks on this board can disagree, but unless and until we get a "knock your socks offer" he staying in NY with the Rangers.
Are you aware that he is an RFA and will need to be re-signed and there is a Salary Cap? Are you aware that given his #1 Draft status and lack of powerplay time, he may ask for more money than the Rangers can reasonably afford for a player of his production?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Are you aware that he is an RFA and will need to be re-signed and there is a Salary Cap? Are you aware that given his #1 Draft status and lack of powerplay time, he may ask for more money than the Rangers can reasonably afford for a player of his production?

Yea because he is gonna make 5 mil a year and hurt the Rangers cap issues. I really doubt it this coming season. If the Rangers were smart they would trade Miller. I can see Miller being a issue to resign. I can see him holding out. I would sell high on Miller.

Reactions: SML2

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
how bad does Vancouver want Laf and Schneider again? What are the plans with EP40? Does Elias want to stay there long-term?

If the Rangers move Lafreniere I imagine it would be apart of a large package going the other way to acquire a young C. Think Laf/Chytil/Schneider ++ for Elias

no seriously though, what's the plan with Elias? He has 1 year left and that team is still imploding. Doubt he wants to stay another 3+ years

Last edited:

baabaa

Jun 9, 2023
Would everyone think he was a bust if he was a one way cherry picker who put up a ppg but wouldn't go back past his own blueline? Kid plays a good two way game. He gets almost no PP time. When he gets more opportunity he will get better numbers. Not interested in trading him.
No matter if he backchecks or not, 39 point high for a number 1 overall pick is underwhelming.

And no, you shouldn't trade him. He could still become a great player. He's only 21.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Yes and he's very much signable

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I would take a guess with Florida's pick if Im habs. Thats the best I would give up for
and NYR would say add more, like Harris and Beck

this thread will go nowhere, acquiring fans will lowball and attempt to justify

but teams don't acquire a 21 year ol 1OA for what he is now, rather for what he may become
if you don't believe in that, you don't try to acquire
and if you lowball, its out of hope to pay pennies on the dollar

but NYR have NO urgent motivation to move him,
especially with a new coach coming in,
UNLESS the offer feels very well worth it

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
see next answer

Yea because he is gonna make 5 mil a year and hurt the Rangers cap issues. I really doubt it this coming season. If the Rangers were smart they would trade Miller. I can see Miller being a issue to resign. I can see him holding out. I would sell high on Miller.
bern is calling
KAM 8 X 6.25 extend no bridge
LaF gets min show me, 2-ish m, which he is happy to do b'c next season Trouba nmc=>ntc, and a la Yankees' Judge wins bet on himself.
Rs will play kid line 2nd or even 1st = mo mins = continued good results

No reason to sell high on LaF/KAM
we should be ok w/Cuylie/Othmann/Robertson/Scanlin
but
IF we need cap
Lindgren we sell high + maybe Goodrow can be sacrificed

Last edited by a moderator:

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What's Vancouver paying to take a cap dump they've been trying desperately to move since signing him?
OEL is not mentioned in that post.

-

Canucks have no interest in Lafreniere, especially for that garbage proposal. We are not giving up a top 6 forward and 11th overall for another winger that is not an upgrade over Garland to begin with and yet expect us to trade the 11th overall with it to boot? Get real.

Edit: As expected the dolt rags fans with the laughing reactions got nothing to counter with.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad