Value of: Alexander Ovechkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
What would your team offer to have the great 8 in your lineup? What do you think he's worth?

Pittsburgh is probably the last team he'd go to but hypothetically I'd offer

Malkin
Pouliot
17' 1st

For

Ovechkin
Burakovsky

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'd say that Washington would give him away for Crosby, McDavid or perhaps Karlsson.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
But anyways, first it would have to be equal in salary as well as equal pretty much garunteed 40+ goal scorer (who knows when he doesn't hit 50 anymore)

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Jordin Tootoo.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
He's never getting moved unless the Caps decide they need to rebuild, then the price would likely be 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a bunch of prospects.

I don't think they'd take Crosby or anyone else for him. And I don't see the Pens trading Crosby for him.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
How much is a 31 year old one dimensional, declining winger that fails to make his teammates better and has choked time and time again in the POs worth? Oh, and that is on a terrible contract to boot...

I think people would be shocked at the return if he were ever traded.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
in retrospect i suggested tyler seguin for alexander ovechkin ( washington retaining the difference on the contract) straight up a few years ago when i saw the writing on the wall that seguin was on his way out of boston

in hindsight i think the deal could have helped both teams.

ovechkin is like joe thornton was in boston... the leader. the example. if your leader isnt coachable its a problem.

obviously ovechkin doesnt need coaching but many of his teammates do. an uncoachable leader isnt good for a team that wants to win.

will ovechkin follow yzermans example in his later career and become coachable? perhaps... but a trade might be a smarter move

traded guys arent the leader. see phil kessel as an example. traded guys can march to their own drum and it doesnt upset the other players on the team

but the new team needs strong leadership.

and needs the assets washington will want.

hard to make this work

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
in retrospect i suggested tyler seguin for alexander ovechkin ( washington retaining the difference on the contract) straight up a few years ago when i saw the writing on the wall that seguin was on his way out of boston

in hindsight i think the deal could have helped both teams.

ovechkin is like joe thornton was in boston... the leader. the example. if your leader isnt coachable its a problem.

obviously ovechkin doesnt need coaching but many of his teammates do. an uncoachable leader isnt good for a team that wants to win.

will ovechkin follow yzermans example in his later career and become coachable? perhaps... but a trade might be a smarter move

traded guys arent the leader. see phil kessel as an example. traded guys can march to their own drum and it doesnt upset the other players on the team

but the new team needs strong leadership.

and needs the assets washington will want.

hard to make this work

What? He isn't coachable? Dude plays defense now and has done everything what trotz has told him to do.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
He's never getting moved unless the Caps decide they need to rebuild, then the price would likely be 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a bunch of prospects.

I don't think they'd take Crosby or anyone else for him. And I don't see the Pens trading Crosby for him.

Crosby just won the Conn Smythe... Yes, yes they would. They'd run, and never look back.:laugh:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
How much is a 31 year old one dimensional, declining winger that fails to make his teammates better and has choked time and time again in the POs worth? Oh, and that is on a terrible contract to boot...

I really don't think most of HF knows how to use the term "one dimensional". Hell I've even seen Kane called one dimensional on this board. :laugh:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, Ovechkin had 21 assists... And while he was on the ice his team actually received more shots against than when he wasn't on the ice.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

He's better at that one dimension than anyone else whose ever played the game of hockey. He also scored 50 goals last year, but if you continue to say he's declining eventually you'll be right at which point I'm sure it will provide you satisfaction to say, "See, I told you he was declining!!" You're also 100% wrong about choking in the playoffs. Cheers!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's one of those players that it's pretty much impossible to make a 'fair' trade for in the cap era, unless Washington retained salary.

And why would they do that?

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
You can take Matt Moulson for the cockiest, most overrated player in the NHL. Hate the guy.

Wow, then what's your take on E. Kane? Or does he get a pass for being a Sabre?

Cocky and overrated are two of the top 3 adjectives I'd use to describe him. The other rhymes with schmupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad